Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I wrong?...
(09-26-2016, 11:04 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Exactly, the guy is getting pummeled week in and week out.  LaFell had almost 100 yards week one, Boyd has gotten catches, and Uzomah has had plenty of chances.  As others have said, it takes time to go through the progressions and Dalton does not have much so far this year.

He really is, it's shocking.....a guy with one of the quickest release times in the entire league can't get a pass off.  Someone needs to get their head out of their ass in regards to the o line, and fast.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Eagles handled Pitts D pretty handedly. Denver D really didn't do much to "win" the game yesterday. Our D just couldn't hold and our special teams gave up momentum every time we thought we had it.

Could be the Oline, but the enthusiasm, energy, and swagger just isn't there on Offense or Defense. I haven't seen any fire or "will" to win since the JETS game where even under heavy pressure the offense still dictated to the defense and did what they wanted to do. This is where we miss Hue, Hills celebrations, Burfict, Sanu's physicality and MLJ threat to go deep any given play.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: He really is, it's shocking.....a guy with one of the quickest release times in the entire league can't get a pass off.  Someone needs to get their head out of their ass in regards to the o line, and fast.

I know that he has been sacked 12 times, which is a horrid pace, but would be very interested to see how many times he has been hit and hurried so far.  I don't have access to any of the advanced stats, but am confident it's a big number.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:08 AM)jj22 Wrote: The Eagles handled Pitts D pretty handedly. Denver D really didn't do much to "win" the game yesterday. Our D just couldn't hold and our special teams gave up momentum every time we thought we had it.

Could be the Oline, but the enthusiasm, energy, and swagger just isn't there on Offense or Defense. I haven't seen any fire or "will" to win since the JETS game where even under heavy pressure the offense still dictated to the defense and did what they wanted to do. This is where we miss Hue, Hills celebrations, Burfict, Sanu's physicality and MLJ threat to go deep any given play.

You win and lose in the trenches.....we're getting our collective asses kicked up front....both units, really.

(09-26-2016, 11:12 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I know that he has been sacked 12 times, which is a horrid pace, but would be very interested to see how many times he has been hit and hurried so far.  I don't have access to any of the advanced stats, but am confident it's a big number.

Yeah, he has taken a beating....he has literally had his helmet knocked off of his head, three times.  It should have been a penalty at NYJ, but nonetheless, he's getting killed.  If not for his mobility and 40 yards worth of scrambling yesterday, those numbers could be even worse.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
One thing that always bothers me about the Bengals is that we seem to change our offensive identity based on personnel, rather than stick with one identity and find the personnel to make that identity successful.

We all saw last year that Dalton's optimal type of offense involves spreading the defense out with 4+ receivers (either 4 WR or 3 WR + TE, etc) and hitting those receivers quickly. It's similar to his offense at TCU. In that type of offense, Dalton looked like Drew Brews 2.0.

Fast forward to this year, and now someone has decided we need to be smash mouth again. We've also had to employ extra blockers thanks to the quality (lack thereof) of the line. So not only are we taking away what made Dalton extremely successful, he's also dealing with more pressure than he's ever seen.

After what they saw from Andy last year, they should've done everything in their power to keep things as close to that as possible. 

Edit: Sorry about the bold. For some reason it's been automatically bolding some of my posts lately.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: One thing that always bothers me about the Bengals is that we seem to change our offensive identity based on personnel, rather than stick with one identity and find the personnel to make that identity successful.

We all saw last year that Dalton's optimal type of offense involves spreading the defense out with 4+ receivers (either 4 WR or 3 WR + TE, etc) and hitting those receivers quickly. It's similar to his offense at TCU. In that type of offense, Dalton looked like Drew Brews 2.0.

Fast forward to this year, and now someone has decided we need to be smash mouth again. We've also had to employ extra blockers thanks to the quality (lack thereof) of the line. So not only are we taking away what made Dalton extremely successful, he's also dealing with more pressure than he's ever seen.

After what they saw from Andy last year, they should've done everything in their power to keep things as close to that as possible. 

Edit: Sorry about the bold. For some reason it's been automatically bolding some of my posts lately.

Actually, it deserved to be said in bold.  Dalton showed last year that he has the ability to put the game in his hands, it's not too much for him.  You cannot run Green, a tight end, Hewitt, and an unbalanced line and expect great things from him though.  Sad part is that with all the extra blocking, you would think he would have all day to stand back there, but not so much...
Reply/Quote
Our offensive line has been offensive

Dalton has been under incredible pressure in all three games while we have put very little pressure on opposing D.

We are cooked if the pathetic line play on both sides continues.

Aaron Rogers might be 0-3 if he was the Bengals QB this year.

None of the problems are with Dalton. It is all in the line play on both sides.
Reply/Quote