Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing
(10-12-2015, 08:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: We were talking about gave winning drives but of course you'll change the narrative to playoff victories because that's literally the only thing you can bring up as smack (it's as pathetic as Steeler fans bringing up "6 rings." Well, considering that you're a Steeler fan ...) Because literally everything else points to Dalton's superiority over Luck.

"You lose. Good day, sir!"

You were the one that changed the narrative. You referred to Andrew Luck's LONE playoff victory, implying he had only ONE. I merely pointed out your error.

If you feel that Dalton is superior to Luck, have at it. But until the playoffs, people will give Dalton only so much rope. Dalton has to PROVE IT with playoff victories. Until then, he'll still be looking upwards.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 08:14 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah...  His team gave us fits the last time we played them. Rolleyes

True. Bengals only scored 49 and beat that ass hard.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
In the week leading up to the game, and especially all the pre and post game shows, as well as all the sports talk shows today, i've heard more 'Bengals love' than i think the previous 35 years combined. It's been a little over the top.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:32 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: You were the one that changed the narrative. You referred to Andrew Luck's LONE playoff victory, implying he had only ONE. I merely pointed out your error.

If you feel that Dalton is superior to Luck, have at it. But until the playoffs, people will give Dalton only so much rope. Dalton has to PROVE IT with playoff victories. Until then, he'll still be looking upwards.

"I SAID, 'GOOD DAY, SIR!''
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:32 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: You were the one that changed the narrative. You referred to Andrew Luck's LONE playoff victory, implying he had only ONE. I merely pointed out your error.

Try again, princess. I merely pointed out that Dalton has more game winning drives than Luck and you couldn't handle that factoid so you did what any feeble minded person does when they have no other way of criticizing Dalton: you resorted to talking about the playoffs, because that's literally all you have.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 07:17 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Glad you've seen "the light".
ThumbsUp

We've dealt with this stuff, for ever.
:snark:

I will say, however, that they guys at CBS have been gushing about our team.
Peter King was on our bandwagon the past few years, but decided to bootlick the Ravens at the beginning of the year.
Rolleyes

Yup.....and coltsy....as much as it pains me to say....thank you for the nice words.... Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yup.....and coltsy....as much as it pains me to say....thank you for the nice words.... Wink

You're welcome too.

As I said to another of your fellow brethren, the Bengals performance on Sunday definitely warranted a big congratulations. There's really nothing to say. It was a brilliant performance.

As you know, I've been one of the biggest critics of your team since I've been here. But this season seems different. The Bengals seem different. It's as if they're playing to the level of their player's talent. It's either that or Marvin Lewis is suddenly coach of the year - for real! In fact, Marvin seems to be pretty good with challenge flags this year too!

With the Colts playing like crap, I think this may be the year the Bengals go deep into the playoffs. Maybe even the Superbowl!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 02:43 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: You're welcome too.

As I said to another of your fellow brethren, the Bengals performance on Sunday definitely warranted a big congratulations. There's really nothing to say. It was a brilliant performance.

As you know, I've been one of the biggest critics of your team since I've been here. But this season seems different. The Bengals seem different. It's as if they're playing to the level of their player's talent. It's either that or Marvin Lewis is suddenly coach of the year - for real! In fact, Marvin seems to be pretty good with challenge flags this year too!

With the Colts playing like crap, I think this may be the year the Bengals go deep into the playoffs. Maybe even the Superbowl!

Way too early to even talk playoffs at this point.....let alone a Super Bowl , but I like what I see so far.

You're right , there is something inherently different in the air this season.  I've been a vocal critic myself.  Dalton is playing like he's pissed off.  We're playing more aggresive too.  Health is a HUGE factor in all of this.  However.....it's almost like Marv has had a Mike Brown like awakening and loosened the reins a tad and let his talented coordinators have more freedom.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Way too early to even talk playoffs at this point.....let alone a Super Bowl , but I like what I see so far.

You're right , there is something inherently different in the air this season.  I've been a vocal critic myself.  Dalton is playing like he's pissed off.  We're playing more aggresive too.  Health is a HUGE factor in all of this.  However.....it's almost like Marv has had a Mike Brown like awakening and loosened the reins a tad and let his talented coordinators have more freedom.

Not to start the Jungle Noise piss & moan fest, but I think it has a lot to do with having McCarron behind him.
That's not just the idea of the guy coming to take his job, it's also AJ's swagger that can be infectious.
I also think having a family has matured him, made him confident, and solidified his idea of commitment.
Perhaps it's just that he doesn't get to see all the posts about him, on the team sponsored message board ?
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 02:47 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Not to start the Jungle Noise piss & moan fest, but I think it has a lot to do with having McCarron behind him.
That's not just the idea of the guy coming to take his job, it's also AJ's swagger that can be infectious.
I also think having a family has matured him, made him confident, and solidified his idea of commitment.
Perhaps it's just that he doesn't get to see all the posts about him, on the team sponsored message board ?
Ninja

Ha ha ha ha.....that's gotta be it.

My opinion.....for one getting booed at the MLB All Star game really pissed him off.  2, Hue took him to task during the offseason....remember when Hue took AJ to task for being too lax and he came out and hung 227 on Baltimore the very next week? 3, his constant offseason work on his mechanics seems to be paying off.  4, he's really just progressing well for a 2nd rounder out of TCU.  

You could be right about AJ, but I think that would have a slight impact, if any at all.  

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Way too early to even talk playoffs at this point.....let alone a Super Bowl , but I like what I see so far.

You'd be pissed, too, if you saw all those BS articles ranking him the 20-something best QB in the league and singing Joe Flacco's praises.
Reply/Quote

You gotta admit, it was funny that he said the Bengals have a chance to win a playoff game this year, since the "Colts are playing like crap". 

As if Indy has anything to do with it. lulz

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. Bengals only scored 49 and beat that ass hard.
Beat em so bad, they wanted to fight the following preseason.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:28 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Dude, never underestimate crazy people. You do so at your own risk! :snark:
Jim Harbaugh is crazy.  Rex Ryan is a blow hard, big mouth who hates the offensive side of the game.  Great coordinator, piss poor head coach.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You gotta admit, it was funny that he said the Bengals have a chance to win a playoff game this year, since the "Colts are playing like crap". 

As if Indy has anything to do with it. lulz

How easily you forgot that it was Indy who prevented the Bengals from moving past the 1st round in last year's playoffs. The Colts playing like crap gives the Bengals a chance to move past the 1st round in the playoffs. Had the Colts been playing up to their potential, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Because of the dysfunction in the Colts organization, the team will most likely get in the playoffs and be 1-and-done. Nothing to do with the talent level, mostly it has to do with the organization and lack of coordination. Pagano has pretty much said publicly that he'll most likely be coaching for another team next year. How do you think that makes the players feel? Those who like Pagano will be sandbagging it. Those who dislike him will do everything to make him look worse. Either way, the team is screwed. I blame all of that on Irsay as well Grigson.

By the way, I agree with you. Luck DOES hold onto the ball too long! I hope him seeing Hassellback with more wins that him this season is a wake-up call.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 10:18 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: How easily you forgot that it was Indy who prevented the Bengals from moving past the 1st round in last year's playoffs.

How easily you forgot that nobody cares.

Bengals would have beaten them at full health then, and would beat them at full health now. Colts are a joke and Luck was every bit the flash in the plan that RG3 was.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 10:18 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: How easily you forgot that it was Indy who prevented the Bengals from moving past the 1st round in last year's playoffs. The Colts playing like crap gives the Bengals a chance to move past the 1st round in the playoffs. Had the Colts been playing up to their potential, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Because of the dysfunction in the Colts organization, the team will most likely get in the playoffs and be 1-and-done. Nothing to do with the talent level, mostly it has to do with the organization and lack of coordination. Pagano has pretty much said publicly that he'll most likely be coaching for another team next year. How do you think that makes the players feel? Those who like Pagano will be sandbagging it. Those who dislike him will do everything to make him look worse. Either way, the team is screwed. I blame all of that on Irsay as well Grigson.

By the way, I agree with you. Luck DOES hold onto the ball too long! I hope him seeing Hassellback with more wins that him this season is a wake-up call.

The Colts beat the Bengals for one reason. Injuries. 

Full stop

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 06:57 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: You're welcome.

The Bengals deserve congratulations after that amazing comeback.

I recently noticed how biased the media is against the Bengals. As I was reading articles about the comeback, almost all of the articles alluded to the Seahawks collapsing rather than the Bengals doing something brilliant. From my memory watching the game, the Seahawks didn't collapse at all. They were playing the same way. The difference is that the plays the Bengals were calling were fooling them. So it was more the Bengals excellent play calling rather than the Seahawks collapsing.

I also didn't appreciate Pete Carroll's comment about the "baffling" loss. What's so baffling about it? The Bengals kicked the Legion of Boom's butt!

After that showing, the Bengals deserve more from the media. I may be a fan of another team, but I appreciate fair play as well as fair media coverage. Right now, I'm pretty angry about how the media is treating the Bengals.  :angry:

The media can kiss our @$$. This team knows what it can do and could care less, what any of them say as long as we go out and they handle their business every week. 

Most talking heads out there have no idea what their talking about. To be honest I've seen quite a few say,that the Bengals are real this year and that we're seeing a totally new team. Bengals like to fly under the radar any ways.  Rock On Cool
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 10:23 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: How easily you forgot that nobody cares.

Bengals would have beaten them at full health then, and would beat them at full health now. Colts are a joke and Luck was every bit the flash in the plan that RG3 was.

You know, I don't remember ever having any dialogue with you until this season. Where were you when the Colts goose-egged the Bengals in regular season? Do you remember THAT game? :snark:

If you think that Luck and RG3 are the same "flash in the pan", you must have been in a coma the last 3 years of NFL football. With the exception of the teams with the top 5 QB's right now, the other teams would trade for Luck in a heartbeat.

As for the Colts being a joke... right now, they're less of a joke than a huge dysfunctional team. They need to get some semblance of order or the season is going to go right past them. If they actually get past their dysfunction this year, they're a lot better team than what you're giving them credit for. Only a full season will vindicate my comment, though.

What's interesting is that most of the longtime Bengal fans here are cautiously optimistic. You seem to be the Bengal equivalent of "Poe". If the Bengals go into any kind of losing streak, I wonder if you'll post the same. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 11:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Colts beat the Bengals for one reason. Injuries. 

Full stop

The Bengals injuries weren't that severe when the Colts goose-egged them. How do you explain that game?
Reply/Quote