Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Pop Up - Mobile
Lately there has been a reoccurring pop up when I visit the message boards from a spam amazon ad that says something along the lines of Congratulations! You won ____ and it automatically takes me to some random website about a bs prize that I won. I never saw this pop up before. Was wondering if anyone else saw.. I’ll try to take a pic next time
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 09:40 PM)Clep Wrote: Lately there has been a reoccurring pop up when I visit the message boards from a spam amazon ad that says something along the lines of Congratulations! You won ____ and it automatically takes me to some random website about a bs prize that I won. I never saw this pop up before. Was wondering if anyone else saw.. I’ll try to take a pic next time

Happens to me as well when I access the site on my phone.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I thought it was just me. I have cleared browser and data several time and even reset twice but keeps coming back. Must be something hidden in on of the banner ads that do not require opening.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wait, why are there still ads?
Reply/Quote
I get the same thing happening on my phone. Strange thing is, I don't visit the boards via my phone. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it's a phone issue, and not a board ads issue.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 08:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get the same thing happening on my phone. Strange thing is, I don't visit the boards via my phone. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it's a phone issue, and not a board ads issue.

Perhaps. However, it only happens to me when I’m visiting the boards
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
Has never happened to me on phone or lap top.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 08:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get the same thing happening on my phone.  Strange thing is, I don't visit the boards via my phone.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it's a phone issue, and not a board ads issue.

It happens to me on my IPad, but not my laptop. It's an Apple thing. I did some research on fixing the issue and kept running into the same answers which was once you clear browsing data and history and then reboot the problem should be gone. It would be good until I came back to BB.com and then it would reappear and lock my screen. Therefore, in one of the many research answers, a dude explained some sites which have banner ads can trigger the problem. 

Now, I'm not sure of the validity of that suggestion, but everything he explained fit my situation so it was worth mentioning just in case. It does not happen on my cell because it is an android. I tried to notice which ad may be up every-time it froze but was unsuccessful in doing so.

Reply/Quote
I was having this problem on my iPad using Safari. I cleared my my browser data, downloaded and installed NeverAds from the App Store and that seems to have fixed it.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 07:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It happens to me on my IPad, but not my laptop. It's an Apple thing. I did some research on fixing the issue and kept running into the same answers which was once you clear browsing data and history and then reboot the problem should be gone. It would be good until I came back to BB.com and then it would reappear and lock my screen. Therefore, in one of the many research answers, a dude explained some sites which have banner ads can trigger the problem. 

Now, I'm not sure of the validity of that suggestion, but everything he explained fit my situation so it was worth mentioning just in case. It does not happen on my cell because it is an android. I tried to notice which ad may be up every-time it froze but was unsuccessful in doing so.

Been having the same issue. Makes sense because the only place I get them is on forums with banner ads. Thanks for posting this, I was going crazy
Reply/Quote