Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
America First=Seccession
Nothing says America First like calling for the country to separate

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Jesus was woke as *** for his time. Did anyone tell them ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 03:52 PM)pally Wrote: Nothing says America First like calling for the country to separate

Marjorie Taylor-Greene is a neo-nazi racist nut job,  she needs to worry more about the Jewish space laser-zapping her to dust than some made-up "'Woke" mob that is a figment of right-wing conspiracy theorists.  She says, "traitorous Democrats," and then she suggests succession in the same breath.  Oh the irony, you just can't make this stuff up.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 04:36 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Marjorie Taylor-Greene is a neo-nazi racist nut job,  she needs to worry more about the Jewish space laser-zapping her to dust than some made-up "'Woke" mob that is a figment of right-wing conspiracy theorists.  She says, "traitorous Democrats," and then she suggests succession in the same breath.  Oh the irony, you just can't make this stuff up.   Hilarious

She is also one of the public faces of today's Republican Party.  She is close to the current Speaker of the House and she has been mentioned as a potential vice Presidential candidate if Trump wins the nominee.  Sadly and frighteningly we must treat her views as nutty as they are as if they represent a good number of people who even more frighteningly...vote

Reply/Quote
Aren't over 95% of Americans here because their ancestors didn't want to stay put in their own counties? I'm here because 100 and some change years ago my great grandparents decided they didn't like the way the breezes were blowing in Italy, so instead of asking Italy to divide into a section they agreed with and a section they didn't agree with they set sail and came here. Maybe it's time for another great migration.

Also, this woman could legitimately be president eventually if Trump makes her the VP and then the hamberders catch up with him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 04:55 PM)pally Wrote: She is also one of the public faces of today's Republican Party.  She is close to the current Speaker of the House and she has been mentioned as a potential vice Presidential candidate if Trump wins the nominee.  Sadly and frighteningly we must treat her views as nutty as they are as if they represent a good number of people who even more frighteningly...vote

I admittedly don't follow all because I largely avoid social media and only ever occasionally peek at it for sports news, so maybe this is me being naive, but isn't she the public face of the Republican party as much as AoC is the public face of the Democratic party? They just get a lot of play on the news because they say stupid shit and the news knows that outrage brings rage clicks so they amplify everything they say?

For example, the only reason I know ANYTHING that Alex Jones has ever said is because I have a couple friends who talk about being outraged at or mocking some absurd shit he's said. If it weren't for the people I know who hate him, his name and anything he said would literally never make its way into my life. 

I have never heard of her in a non-outraged or non-mocking article, so is she really the face? Or just the media bait?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 05:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I admittedly don't follow all because I largely avoid social media and only ever occasionally peek at it for sports news, so maybe this is me being naive, but isn't she the public face of the Republican party as much as AoC is the public face of the Democratic party? They just get a lot of play on the news because they say stupid shit and the news knows that outrage brings rage clicks so they amplify everything they say?

For example, the only reason I know ANYTHING that Alex Jones has ever said is because I have a couple friends who talk about being outraged at or mocking some absurd shit he's said. If it weren't for the people I know who hate him, his name and anything he said would literally never make its way into my life. 

I have never heard of her in a non-outraged or non-mocking article, so is she really the face? Or just the media bait?

No, they don't compare. MTG actually has sway in the House and McCarthy has her in his circle (because McCarthy is about as steady on his positions as a fart in the wind) whereas AOC was seen by Pelosi as an annoyance.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 06:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, they don't compare. MTG actually has sway in the House and McCarthy has her in his circle (because McCarthy is about as steady on his positions as a fart in the wind) whereas AOC was seen by Pelosi as an annoyance.

And a significant portion of the Nation saw Pelosi as an annoyance.  What do you know?  Shit does roll down hill..  Ninja

But seriously, if MTG ends up on the ticket, I may abstain from voting this time around.  She genuinely is the horse's ass that the media utilizes for all of those rage clicks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And a significant portion of the Nation saw Pelosi as an annoyance.  What do you know?  Shit does roll down hill..  Ninja

But seriously, if MTG ends up on the ticket, I may abstain from voting this time around.  She genuinely is the horse's ass that the media utilizes for all of those rage clicks.

Pelosi wasn't anywhere in the same league as MGT or AOC.  The Fox news viewers did b/c of Fox's false reporting such as her husband being beaten with a hammer by his disgruntled gay lover.  An elderly man is beaten with a hammer by a right-wing psycho and this is what Fox comes up with? How sick is that?  

Fox demonized Pelosi with false accusations they knew were total BS and did it b/c they felt that's what their viewers wanted to hear.  Per court transcripts released last week, the internal email communication and personal texts of Fox employees revealed what they did to promote Trump's big election lie.  Behind-the-scenes Hannity, Inghram, Dobbs, and Carlson all laughed and mocked Trump, Powell, and Rudi for being totally batshit crazy pathological liars.  So logically what does that make all of them at Fox?  

Fox's defense is they're tabloid media for entertainment and opinion only;  not legitimate factual news.  Fox is trying to hide behind the 1st Amendment, but a Federal Judge ruled otherwise---ruling you cannot mislabel and falsely advertise and be protected by the 1st.  In the Tucker Carlson defense, "No reasonable person with any common sense whatsoever would ever believe anything they at Fox say, therefore they cannot be sued for defamation..." So Fox admits,  they're just like the National Enquire. 

The problem is, ppl have a strong psychological need to have their bias' confirmed,  even in their better common sense they know it's BS.  I know many who I consider educated that still believe Fox as gospel,  even though Fox publicly states they are not a factual news outlet, and they're "For Entertainment and opinion only."  Tabloid media.  

So Yes, when MTG says this crazy shit to the right-wing wackos out there, take heed.

http://www.reuters.com/legal/dominion-voting-systems-says-fox-knew-vote-rigging-claims-it-broadcast-were-2023-02-16/
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 09:06 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Pelosi wasn't anywhere in the same league as MGT or AOC.  

For her time period, she certainly was.  The moment of hers that I remember the most, was when she was talking up the ACA, "You have to pass it, in order to find out what's in it".  The state of healthcare has worsened for most folks who's coverage was just fine prior to that albatross of a bill.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 09:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For her time period, she certainly was.  The moment of hers that I remember the most, was when she was talking up the ACA, "You have to pass it, in order to find out what's in it".  The state of healthcare has worsened for most folks who's coverage was just fine prior to that albatross of a bill.

The cost of insurance has been skyrocketing since. The only half good thing that came from the ACA was insurance companies couldn’t deny coverage for preexisting conditions. However, they can raise your premiums so you can no longer afford it. 

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 11:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The cost of insurance has been skyrocketing since. The only half good thing that came from the ACA was insurance companies couldn’t deny coverage for preexisting conditions. However, they can raise your premiums so you can no longer afford it. 

The cost of insurance was skyrocketing BEFORE the ACA without the safety net of the ACA for those who didn't have employer based insurance available to them

and Nancy Pelosi will go down as one of the greatest Speakers of the House in American history

Reply/Quote
Has anyone tried running on a platform of repealing and replacing the ACA yet? Sounds simple.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 11:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Has anyone tried running on a platform of repealing and replacing the ACA yet?  Sounds simple.

It's coming out in two weeks I hear.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Bojackorie Taylor-Greene said or tweeted something stupid?

Say it isn't so.

So she's basically calling for the nine poorest states to be even worse off and the top seven richest states to now be on the other side of the negotiating table.

Jenius.

(^^^let's see if he gets the joke this time)
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 09:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For her time period, she certainly was.  The moment of hers that I remember the most, was when she was talking up the ACA, "You have to pass it, in order to find out what's in it".  The state of healthcare has worsened for most folks who's coverage was just fine prior to that albatross of a bill.

Didn't she say, not "you," but "We," meaning that "We," Congress, had to pass the bill so that YOU--the American people--could find out what's in it--in the sense of experiencing its benefits?  THEN you would know for sure that it doesn't contain "DEATH PANELS." And it doesn't, right? Max Iglesias article below makes a good case that we did find out--and for the ACA.

Nancy Pelosi was right: Democrats had to pass the bill so people could find out what’s in it
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/18/14957708/pelosi-pass-the-bill

Here is the text of the speech with a bit more context, and without the Fox Filter. This is a long ways from Jewish space lasers, platforming white nationalists, investigating the Biden "crime family" and Ashli Babitt's "murder," and seceding from the Union (which has been tried before, and turned out to be bad policy for Successionist as well as Unionist).

"We have to do this in partnership, and I wanted to bring up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level. It will offer paid for investments that will improve health care services and coverage for millions more Americans. It will make significant investments in innovation, prevention, wellness and offer robust support for public health infrastructure. It will dramatically expand investments into community health centers. That means a dramatic expansion in the number of patients community health centers can see and ultimately healthier communities. Our bill will significantly reduce uncompensated care for hospitals.

"You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

https://pelosi.house.gov/news/press-releases/pelosi-remarks-at-the-2010-legislative-conference-for-national-association-of
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 11:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The cost of insurance has been skyrocketing since. The only half good thing that came from the ACA was insurance companies couldn’t deny coverage for preexisting conditions. However, they can raise your premiums so you can no longer afford it. 

Given the Republican opposition to a better bill, Obama had to get insurance company buy-in. 

Wait, you are not saying that FEWER people can now afford health care because of the ACA, are you? 

We can fact check that. 

They could raise premiums BEFORE the ACA, right--like when they found out you had a pre-existing condition, but not only?

Remember when Many Republicans preferred the ACA to Obamacare? And thought Medicaid would remain unaffected if it were repealed?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/upshot/one-third-dont-know-obamacare-and-affordable-care-act-are-the-same.html
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 11:17 PM)pally Wrote: The cost of insurance was skyrocketing BEFORE the ACA without the safety net of the ACA for those who didn't have employer based insurance available to themy 

and Nancy Pelosi will go down as one of the greatest Speakers of the House in American history

The Fox mis-framing will likely remain for another decade. 

But the ACA is already on the way to becoming, like so many previous Dem policies--a "third rail" that no politician can touch.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 05:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I admittedly don't follow all because I largely avoid social media and only ever occasionally peek at it for sports news, so maybe this is me being naive, but isn't she the public face of the Republican party as much as AoC is the public face of the Democratic party? They just get a lot of play on the news because they say stupid shit and the news knows that outrage brings rage clicks so they amplify everything they say?

y

Well Len, AOC is certainly the "public face" of an anti-racist, pro-green, pro-LGBQT progressive politics, 

just as MTJ is the face of a racist, anti-Globalist, anti-democratic regressive politics grounded in Jones-style conspiracies.

Whether and to the degree each is the public face of her respective party can't be decided by the number of rage clicks generated by
promotion of universal health care in one case or calls for violence against colleagues in the other. We need to see what kind of power they actually wield IN their respective parties, the committees they are on, degree of backing from big party donors, photo ops with party leaders during the presidential primaries--stuff like that.  E.g., which is more likely to be selected VP by a presidential primary winner, which less likely? 

https://ocasio-cortez.house.gov/legislation/committees-and-caucuses
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/17/marjorie-taylor-greene-paul-gosar-house-committee-assignments
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 03:52 PM)pally Wrote: Nothing says America First like calling for the country to separate

I think there's something to that. Americans on their aisles behave like one of those couples who only talk to each other to put each other down and show their immersive detest. Zero love, maximal annoyance. Outside friends can't stop wondering why you're still together.
Reply/Quote