Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
America First=Seccession
It's gotten to the point where you have to wonder if she's a provocateur on behalf of one of our adversaries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 07:23 AM)hollodero Wrote: I think there's something to that. Americans on their aisles behave like one of those couples who only talk to each other to put each other down and show their immersive detest. Zero love, maximal annoyance. Outside friends can't stop wondering why you're still together.

As you frame the conflict here, sounds like "both sides" share equal responsibility for misbehaving.

I don't think you really see it that way, but I see much chance of resolution until we look closely at each side's reasons for detesting the other, 

and evaluate them in light of the political ideals to which we pay lip service when we call the U.S. "exceptional"--

Same ideals we used in previous conflicts between the government and state's rights. 
Reply/Quote
That woman calls half of the population of her country : The enemy.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 11:09 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: That woman calls half of the population of her country : The enemy.

Her own home state is her enemy now.  I guess GA would probably just be given to the right a long with the south in this scenario anyways. 

I love in rural PA so it'd be sort of interesting seeing everyone around here hitching up their wagons to move down south.  They'd have red white and blue money called "Freedom Bucks" with Reagan and Trump and MTG on it.  They'd have  0% tax rate on billionaires and a minimum wage of $0.00 so I assume they might actually get some interest in giant corporations moving there, but if said giant corporations wanted to import stuff to North USA they'd be in a jam because they can't impose taxes on the ultra rich, but they wouldn't want to have open trade with an enemy nation.

(02-21-2023, 11:09 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: That woman calls half of the population of her country : The enemy.

Self righteous anger is a drug, and like any drug as you get acclimated to it you need to up the dose in order to get a high.  20 years ago it was enough to tell people that the enemy was across the globe and democrats would make it easier for them to harm us, but now that just doesn't do it for people.  The enemy is here, he's next door, he's in charge, the enemy is all around you.  They had to up the ante in order to get people's attention again.

Related, for most of my life colleges were places where your kids would be brainwashed by commies but we've gotten so used to that that we now hear that the brainwashing starts at age 5 or so.  Any school is a hotbed of ultra liberal brainwashing and sin.

Where do we go for here?  Can we overdose on anger?  Just go back to telling people their own left hands are evil?  The evil is within you!

Oh and I assume MTG is one of those people who thinks kids should be forced to stand and say the pledge every day, even though it calls this one nation indivisible.  Who keeps the pledge when we break up?  Who keeps the anthem?  
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 11:17 PM)pally Wrote: Nancy Pelosi will go down as one of the greatest Speakers of the House in American history

I guess that depends on who writes it. 

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 03:14 AM)Dill Wrote: The Fox mis-framing will likely remain for another decade. 

But the ACA is already on the way to becoming, like so many previous Dem policies--a "third rail" that no politician can touch.

Why are you bringing FOX into this? I speak from experience as someone who takes care of our company benefits. ACA is unaffordable and so is most insurance to most Americans who are either not rich or poor. I continuously hire employees who deny coverage because they can't afford it and we start out at $30hr. ACA is a joke and has always been a joke. I don't discuss it much because GOP had an opportunity to improve it and even promised they would and failed. But that doesn't make ACA good. Damn, it amazes me how some of you act like the mother of a spoiled democrat party that can't do any wrong. If you continue to follow blindly, sooner or later you'll get your head stuck in the fence, and that could end up horrible.  Wink

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 11:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Her own home state is her enemy now.  I guess GA would probably just be given to the right a long with the south in this scenario anyways. 

I love in rural PA so it'd be sort of interesting seeing everyone around here hitching up their wagons to move down south.  They'd have red white and blue money called "Freedom Bucks" with Reagan and Trump and MTG on it.  They'd have  0% tax rate on billionaires and a minimum wage of $0.00 so I assume they might actually get some interest in giant corporations moving there, but if said giant corporations wanted to import stuff to North USA they'd be in a jam because they can't impose taxes on the ultra rich, but they wouldn't want to have open trade with an enemy nation.

Self righteous anger is a drug, and like any drug as you get acclimated to it you need to up the dose in order to get a high.  20 years ago it was enough to tell people that the enemy was across the globe and democrats would make it easier for them to harm us, but now that just doesn't do it for people.  The enemy is here, he's next door, he's in charge, the enemy is all around you.  They had to up the ante in order to get people's attention again.

Related, for most of my life colleges were places where your kids would be brainwashed by commies but we've gotten so used to that that we now hear that the brainwashing starts at age 5 or so.  Any school is a hotbed of ultra liberal brainwashing and sin.

Where do we go for here?  Can we overdose on anger?  Just go back to telling people their own left hands are evil?  The evil is within you!

Oh and I assume MTG is one of those people who thinks kids should be forced to stand and say the pledge every day, even though it calls this one nation indivisible.  Who keeps the pledge when we break up?  Who keeps the anthem?  

To be honest, I don't really care of those people who only have hate and vulgarity to share but the funny thing ( don't ask me why ) is that they pretend to worship Jesus Christ. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 10:56 AM)Dill Wrote: As you frame the conflict here, sounds like "both sides" share equal responsibility for misbehaving.

I don't think you really see it that way, but I see much chance of resolution until we look closely at each side's reasons for detesting the other, 

and evaluate them in light of the political ideals to which we pay lip service when we call the U.S. "exceptional"--

Same ideals we used in previous conflicts between the government and state's rights. 

As I state frequently - there are several issues where I would say one side behaves worse then the other, and there are other aspects where I feel it's more equal. When it comes to communicating badly with each other, there's not that much difference imho. Behaving deliberately destructive in any given conversation is one of those things that indeed both sides do. In different ways, sure, not necessarily on an equally bad level, but close enough for me.

I don't necessarily mean you personally.
Reply/Quote
If we divided the country north and south, do you think the south USA would want to build a border along the northern border to keep those evil northerners out? I'd wager they'd have two bordering enemy nations to campaign on. That'd be heaven for them.
Reply/Quote
I'm honestly starting to think she was a board member here under an assumed name.  Ninja

[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 01:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm honestly starting to think she was a board member here under an assumed name.  Ninja

She forgot to specify straight white males.  WOKE ALERT!

I also like how she's using the husband she cheated on for sympathy points here.  Not fair to him, eh?
Reply/Quote
Maybe she's standing for her former husband ? Abused and cheated white male as far as I know.

Reply/Quote
She's a complete idiot, as I could care less about anything she says.

That being said, as a moderate independent, the wokeness garbage out there should not be underestimated by the left in effecting 2024 elections. Things from the Title 9 smh stuff to CRT to you name it is eventually going to build up to the point of moderates like myself people voting against Dems that support all of that, or just not vote at all depending on how bad the Repub is running.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 02:11 PM)Millhouse Wrote: She's a complete idiot, as I could care less about anything she says.

That being said, as a moderate independent, the wokeness garbage out there should not be underestimated by the left in effecting 2024 elections. Things from the Title 9 smh stuff to CRT to you name it is eventually going to build up to the point of moderates like myself people voting against Dems that support all of that, or just not vote at all depending on hpw bad the Repub is running.

What is CRT and how is it "woke"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 02:11 PM)Millhouse Wrote: She's a complete idiot, as I could care less about anything she says.

That being said, as a moderate independent, the wokeness garbage out there should not be underestimated by the left in effecting 2024 elections. Things from the Title 9 smh stuff to CRT to you name it is eventually going to build up to the point of moderates like myself people voting against Dems that support all of that, or just not vote at all depending on hpw bad the Repub is running.

So you don't care about MTG and she's an idiot, but you're willing to vote for her and people like her based upon the stuff she says?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 02:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So you don't care about MTG and she's an idiot, but you're willing to vote for her and people like her based upon the stuff she says?

Where did I say I would vote for her or anyone like her?

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 02:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Where did I say I would vote for her or anyone like her?

You said you are going to vote against democrats because they support that stuff, so I assume that means you'd vote for a ticket of Trump/MTG who are running on a platform of stopping it.  If you think the wokeness is getting so out of hand that it's going to swing moderates to the right, well...she's the anti-woke right?

It seems like she's all about stopping the woke, and aren't you saying more and more moderates are going to head that way?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 02:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: What is CRT and how is it "woke"?

Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 02:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You said you are going to vote against democrats because they support that stuff, so I assume that means you'd vote for a ticket of Trump/MTG who are running on a platform of stopping it.  If you think the wokeness is getting so out of hand that it's going to swing moderates to the right, well...she's the anti-woke right.

It seems like she's all about stopping the woke, and aren't you saying more and more moderates are going to head that way?

I also literally said "or just not vote at all depending on how bad the Repub is running."

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 02:21 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I also literally said "or just not vote at all depending on how bad the Repub is running."

I saw that, I just don't see how someone, you or any other moderate, who thinks wokeness and CRT are an issue of urgency would sit idly by and let the party of wokeness and CRT win an election.  It's counter productive.  2024 is going to be an election where the republican ticket likely runs on a strong platform of nationally banning CRT and combating wokeness.

EDIT - and you may be right, this may be something that kills the left (I don't see what they can do to undo the damage either), but it reminds me of Trump winning in 2016 and people declaring that it was a message that the USA was done with the political correctness agenda.  Fast forward to now and the GOP is sounding the alarm that this country is becoming even more politically correct than ever, and you have to wonder if Americans really were as sick of political correctness as some folks declared in 2016.
Reply/Quote