Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An interesting question for you football guru's....
So everyone considers Bill Belichick to be the master at finding ways to stop great offenses, generally by taking away their strengths and forcing them to do something different.

So here's the question:  How would Belichick stop his own team?

Note:  I realize this is a Bengal forum but am interested to hear what everyone thinks.  We may very well be presented with this task again in the playoffs and would like to know if you think we'd handle it differently next go around.  As you recall our last 2 games against the Pats were complete opposites, one working well and they other not so well - granted we didn't have Burfict in the last game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:52 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: So everyone considers Bill Belichick to be the master at finding ways to stop great offenses, generally by taking away their strengths and forcing them to do something different.

Note:  I realize this is a Bengal forum but am interested to hear what everyone thinks.  We may very well be presented with this task again in the playoffs and would like to know if you think we'd handle it differently next go around.  As you recall our last 2 games against the Pats were complete opposites, one working well and they other not so well - granted we didn't have Burfict in the last game.

You have to have skilled DBs. 
You have to force Brady out of the quick throws. None of the WRs need double teamed, they need jammed and slowed down.
You run bracket coverage on Gronk. 

Force Brady to hold the ball and push it down field. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:52 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: So everyone considers Bill Belichick to be the master at finding ways to stop great offenses, generally by taking away their strengths and forcing them to do something different.

He'd spy on his own team then disrupt its headset transmissions.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote:  None of the WRs need double teamed, they need jammed and slowed down.

These two steps right here.
Reply/Quote
Throw sand in Tom Brady's eyes and kick him where it counts.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Jam WRs off the line. Bracket Gronk. Throw the farm at Brady. Force them into quick throws that aren't there, or hold onto the ball and get pressured.

Of course, after seeing this approach, they'll switch to running the ball down your throat.
Reply/Quote
I too like the idea of jamming the receivers and bracketing Gronk, then get after Brady asap. Then hope like hell you get there because if you don't he will find someone eventually.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You have to have skilled DBs. 
You have to force Brady out of the quick throws. None of the WRs need double teamed, they need jammed and slowed down.

Force Brady to hold the ball and push it down field. 

This you have to mess up the timing of NEs short game and make him force the ball down field. Have to get consistent pressure up th MIDDLE and force him off his spot. Also watch out for the rub routes Belichwat loves.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: These two steps right here.

He said he had a question for "football gurus".

Not failed lawyers.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:10 PM)djs7685 Wrote: He said he had a question for "football gurus".

Not failed lawyers.

Do you have to attack someone in every thread you post in?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:14 PM)Synric Wrote: Do you have to attack someone in every thread you post in?

Just people who are currently following me around from thread to thread bashing me and making strawman arguments in response to everything that I say. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
First thing is you have to get pressure up the middle on Brady.

Then you have to bump the Slant routes at the line and roll coverage to Gronk.

Then you have to stop the run cause that is where they will go if the passing game is not working.

This is all possible, i hope we can do this come the AFC championship.

But this is what Belicheat would do i am sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:15 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Just people who are currently following me around from thread to thread bashing me and making strawman arguments in response to everything that I say. ThumbsUp

So in response you follow around thread to thread bashing?

Way to be the bigger man. Y'all should take your love affair to Private messages or something, not to football conversations. 
Reply/Quote
Tell Brady it's a Monday game instead of Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:14 PM)Synric Wrote: Do you have to attack someone in every thread you post in?

He brags about "not having a problem with being a dick", and for some reason he thinks that people whoi disagree with him are "following him around".  That is just the type of guy he is.  He has some issues.

So just ignore him and and lets continue to have a conversation about football.
Reply/Quote
You do the exact same thing the Bengals did when they played them at PBS in 2013.
Reply/Quote
Start complaining to the refs about all the pick routes before , during and after the game in hopes that they will call some of them. Jam the receivers, play man to man, have the safetys play up some and help take away the middle of the field (make him throw outside the numbers) and throw the kitchen sink at their o line (the d line/whole d has to get hits/hurries on Brady) I don't think you can confuse Brady consistently but you might be able to do it to his O line.

On Offence stay balanced and play our brand of Offence. If we can run the clock with maybe a little extra running maybe shorten the game some but I would try to keep it balanced the way we have been playing. 

And bring your big boy pants and make it an AFC North style of game.
Reply/Quote

Patriots rely on a lot of yards after the catch... so TACKLE
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You do the exact same thing the Bengals did when they played them at PBS in 2013.

Pray for rain?  lol.  Not the only reason but it sure didn't hurt.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:39 PM)McC Wrote: Pray for rain?  lol.  Not the only reason but it sure didn't hurt.

That was a defensive masterpiece.  
Reply/Quote