Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An optimistic take
(09-19-2022, 10:09 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Joe Burrow looks completely broken, so yeah...there is actually a huge difference from last year.

How bad is this whole post surgery injury thing for him?  I realize he missed time in training camp and the pre-season, but seeing backup QBs like Flacco and Cooper Rush get into the swing of starting QB play faster than Burrow is a bit concerning.  Cooper Rush and the woebegon Cowboy offense was able to script and execute opening drives that scored more TDs than Burrow has scored in his entire career on opening drives, no?

We can still win the division and get it together, but spending the first few weeks of the regular season in pre-season mode might come back to haunt us this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:28 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Yes, he does. Looking more and more like last year was a fluke. They aren't winning their division or making playoffs this year guys. Not happening. Too many almost plays, too many missed Intercepts, too many missed tackles, too many sacks, too many running plays losing yards, too many predictable play calls, too many missed 3rd and 3 or 4th and 1 muffed, too many FG's when they needed a TD. It all adds up to possible .500 year or close to it. Well, can't be .500 but close. 

I'd say it will be very tough to win 7 or 8 games this year. If they continue like the first 2 they may not win any. It's possible.

"They aren't winning their division or making playoffs this year guys. "   Ok Nostradamus... why do people talk in such absolutes?  

KC was 1-2 to start the season last year.

We look bad right now but you dont know for sure if we will turn it around or not.  "It looks like they aren't winning their division or making playoffs this year guys. "  Is a much more intelligent and responsible statement than the absolutism.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: How bad is this whole post surgery injury thing for him?  I realize he missed time in training camp and the pre-season, but seeing backup QBs like Flacco and Cooper Rush get into the swing of starting QB play faster than Burrow is a bit concerning.  Cooper Rush and the woebegon Cowboy offense was able to script and execute opening drives that scored more TDs than Burrow has scored in his entire career on opening drives, no?

We can still win the division and get it together, but spending the first few weeks of the regular season in pre-season mode might come back to haunt us this year.

I have no idea. 

To me, he doesn't look like the injury is bothering him...it's more mental/him not trusting the OL and not wanting to be hit. He's not standing in the pocket, looking downfield, and moving well in the pocket at all. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:34 AM)casear2727 Wrote: "They aren't winning their division or making playoffs this year guys. "   Ok Nostradamus... why do people talk in such absolutes?  

We look bad right now but you dont know for sure if we will turn it around or not.  "It looks like they aren't winning their division or making playoffs this year guys. "  Is a much more intelligent and responsible statement than the absolutism.

Agreed, in a couple of weeks if the Bengals are 2-2 then the narrative shifts in what people will post about on this board.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:31 AM)Tony Wrote: Is this horseshoes or something? I see that as finding ways to lose..

No, see you're saying our entire team sucks yet we still we're a longsnapper injury away from winning game 1 and a defensive stop away from going to OT in game 2. That's a positive thing. You asked for 1 positive thing. There you go! ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:34 AM)Tony Wrote: Anyone that can't see this team is bad as a whole, I don't know what to tell them.. Give me 1 positive of this team right now.. Coaches blow, Offense blows, defense blows.. Special teams is IDK? It's bad. I don't even know how they begin to fix it..

One positive of being 0-2 is it shows who the "Sunshine Soldier" fans are and who the quitters and whiners are. I think everyone knows, including Taylor, not playing the O-line in pre-season was a mistake. This was their first game playing together in a hostile atmosphere, and it showed. And it wasn't Volston who was the problem, it was Collins and Williams. They will get better quickly and things will turn around. Meanwhile, we lost no ground yesterday as the whole AFCN lost. While we came back and almost won this game, Miami scored about 28 unanswered point against the Raven in the 4th quarter yesterday, and the Clowns lost to the Jets. The sky is not falling.....
Reply/Quote
No Bengals team has ever made playoffs starting 0-2 which is a sucky statistic but if a team has the talent to do so maybe it’s this one.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:34 AM)casear2727 Wrote: "They aren't winning their division or making playoffs this year guys. "   Ok Nostradamus... why do people talk in such absolutes?  

KC has Andy Reid. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:32 AM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Our kicking game looked fixed at least. The long snapper did well. So there’s that at least.

If you would have told me we'd win the turnover differential and have no issues with the snaping/kicking game I'd have had a hard time assuming we had lost.  We improved upon the two things that sunk us in week 1 and we still lost. Oof.
Reply/Quote

Meh, he's probably one of those guys that calls "game over" when the opposing team scores in the 1st QTR or the Bengals do something bad. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:40 AM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: No Bengals team has ever made playoffs starting 0-2 which is a sucky statistic but if a team has the talent to do so maybe it’s this one.

True, but only 1 Bengals team in NFL history has ever played 17 regular season games. With 1 extra game in the regular season, that makes the 0-2 start thing a little ridiculous, no? Now, 0-3? That's a horrifying start. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: One positive of being 0-2 is it shows who the "Sunshine Soldier" fans are and who the quitters and whiners are. I think everyone knows, including Taylor, not playing the O-line in pre-season was a mistake. This was their first game playing together in a hostile atmosphere, and it showed. And it wasn't Volston who was the problem, it was Collins and Williams. They will get better quickly and things will turn around. Meanwhile, we lost no ground yesterday as the whole AFCN lost. While we came back and almost won this game, Miami scored about 28 unanswered point against the Raven in the 4th quarter yesterday, and the Clowns lost to the Jets. The sky is not falling.....

I think Burrow could get sacked 110 times and still win the division.  Not sure if that is optimistic or pessimistic, but I believe it damn it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: KC has Andy Reid. 

Who lost to Zac Taylor TWICE last year......
Reply/Quote

OK coach, maybe I chose 1 wrong word. But after watching the Bengals since 1967 and Greg Cook and after all the failures over the decades a certain pattern begins to show. You get used to it. They get close but haven't been able to ever seal the deal.

I hope I'm wrong and they do turn things around, but they better start doing it today.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:36 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed, in a couple of weeks if the Bengals are 2-2 then the narrative shifts in what people will post about on this board.

Look at KC's record the last 5 years.... If we had that record/history/coaching then an 0-2 start may not be alarming. We don't. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:53 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: OK coach, maybe I chose 1 wrong word. But after watching the Bengals since 1967 and Greg Cook and after all the failures over the decades a certain pattern begins to show. You get used to it. They get close but haven't been able to ever seal the deal.

I hope I'm wrong and they do turn things around, but they better start doing it today.

Been watching about as long as you, give your opinion all you want, we all know we suck right now but learn to state in a manner that reflects your opinion instead of telling us how the entire season will go after week 2. 

You obviously have decades of Mike Brown PTSD, which we all do, and Im probably just finding something to ***** about because people have already said what I wanted to say about Zac, Burrow, the oline, Pollack and Bates.... so there's that.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: Look at KC's record the last 5 years.... If we had that record/history/coaching then an 0-2 start may not be alarming. We don't. 

Of course it's alarming, we're the Bengals. I also don't have any issues with people venting on the board. That's the fun, for me, of internet forums and sports. We're fans and have hot takes. If we're 2-2 in a couple weeks, I'm simply offering the hot takes might be more positive. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Meh, he's probably one of those guys that calls "game over" when the opposing team scores in the 1st QTR or the Bengals do something bad. 

No, I'm not one of those "guys."  But if you watch enough Bengals football you begin to see certain flows and patterns. They show potential and look good, but then hit the wall and burn out. 3 SB's and 3 losses.

I didn't join this forum to start crap with anyone so don't get me wrong. I was a member years ago and changed email so had to start a new account.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:53 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: OK coach, maybe I chose 1 wrong word. But after watching the Bengals since 1967 and Greg Cook and after all the failures over the decades a certain pattern begins to show. You get used to it. They get close but haven't been able to ever seal the deal.

Bengals didn't play until 1968....
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Who lost to Zac Taylor TWICE last year......

Live life in a vacuum much?

Guy is a future HOF coach.
Reply/Quote