Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An optimistic thread
Going back 2010 only 2 eventual SB champs didnt have a 2 possession loss on their final resume. 5 of the last 7 champs have had a 3 possession loss. going back to 2007 the eventual champ Pats lost 31 to nothing to the Bills
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
14 games to go till the end of the Dalton era. Positive news
Reply/Quote
Super Bowl here we come!
Reply/Quote
It was nice to see Ross exceed the 100 yard mark again, albeit most of those yards coming too late. That guy has to stop dropping the ball. He's a legitimate threat every time he managed to possess it.

Don't know how "optimistic" this is, but this loss wasn't nearly as bad as the Seattle one. The losses that hurt the worst are the ones where you feel you gave the game away. The Niner game wasn't really a contest, so there's that.
Reply/Quote
So you're telling me theres a chance?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:24 AM)740Bengal Wrote: So you're telling me theres a chance?

Rep.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:56 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 14 games to go till the end of the Dalton era.     Positive news

Yawn
Reply/Quote
In all seriousness, if we beat the Bills we are going to get to talking about how we are right back in it and the Ravens are going to finally start facing real teams, the Steelers are down to a backup QB, and the Browns are going to struggle vs their schedule and implode.

If/when we win in Buffalo we're going to do a total 180 from this week...ah, fandom.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In all seriousness, if we beat the Bills we are going to get to talking about how we are right back in it and the Ravens are going to finally start facing real teams, the Steelers are down to a backup QB, and the Browns are going to struggle vs their schedule and implode.

If/when we win in Buffalo we're going to do a total 180 from this week...ah, fandom.

I hope so!!! I so want the MNF at Pitt to be important, I love a little juice on a monday night. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:37 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I hope so!!! I so want the MNF at Pitt to be important, I love a little juice on a monday night. 

Yes, it will make losing to the Steelers that much better.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:37 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I hope so!!! I so want the MNF at Pitt to be important, I love a little juice on a monday night. 

I'm not saying we will be justified in our optimism, but we will change our tune.  Unless major things happen I'd say Bengals v Steelers MNF means little as long as the Chiefs and Patriots don't suffer major personnel losses.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:56 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 14 games to go till the end of the Dalton era.     Positive news

That's not going to happen.  Until you can find a top 10 capable replacement you don't change the QB.  In fact, you'll likely see a brand new contract for AD.

With a piss poor offensive line he is 2nd in the NFL in yardage, behind only Patrick Mahomes, and 1st in completions. 

Dalton is not the problem.

Besides, who you replacing him with?  Some yet-to-be drafted unproven college player to be named later?  
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying we will be justified in our optimism, but we will change our tune.  Unless major things happen I'd say Bengals v Steelers MNF means little as long as the Chiefs and Patriots don't suffer major personnel losses.

As Giggles always told us.... "We'll see" 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:57 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: That's not going to happen.  Until you can find a top 10 capable replacement you don't change the QB.  In fact, you'll likely see a brand new contract for AD.

With a piss poor offensive line he is 2nd in the NFL in yardage, behind only Patrick Mahomes, and 1st in completions. 

Besides, who you replacing him with?  Some yet-to-be drafted unproven college player to be named later?  

Yes, that's how it works.

No way Zac Taylor comes out of the draft next year without a QB from the 1st or 2nd round. 
Reply/Quote

I'm hoping the Bengals-Steelers game gets flexed OUT of the Monday Night spot.
No way this team is ready for MNF.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:15 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: Yes, that's how it works.

No way Zac Taylor comes out of the draft next year without a QB from the 1st or 2nd round. 

But we already have the Finley. Wouldn't you like to see how he does first? If things get out of hand i sure do and i am a Dalton supporter. I also want to see if Finley can fix the running game and the defense.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:15 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: No way Zac Taylor comes out of the draft next year without a QB from the 1st or 2nd round. 

He has Finley.

Only way we draft a QB in the first or second next year is if Dalton gets hurt again o his play drops off dramatically.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:57 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: That's not going to happen.  Until you can find a top 10 capable replacement you don't change the QB.  In fact, you'll likely see a brand new contract for AD.

In all fairness, we've had genuine stability at QB for 16 years and we still haven't been able to fix the holes around said QB, so I can see why people aren't thrilled with the "keep the QB you have and fix everything else" mantra.

Also, Dalton is on pace to smash the single-season pass attempts record so he should be tops of the league in yards and completions. He has 93 attempts in 2 games which would be 744 for the season and the top 5 of all time are:

1 Matthew Stafford (24) 727 2012 DET
2 Drew Bledsoe (22) 691 1994 NWE
3 Peyton Manning (34) 679 2010 IND
4 Ben Roethlisberger (36) 675 2018 PIT
5 Drew Brees (37) 673 2016 NOR
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:20 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: But we already have the Finley. Wouldn't you like to see how he does first? If things get out of hand i sure do and i am a Dalton supporter. I also want to see if Finley can fix the running game and the defense.

Yes, I think we have to find out what we have in Finley in a meaningful game. But I think he was drafted to be the backup, and unless he surprises everyone, I still see them using a high draft pick next year on a QB. 

The thing is, as bad as we've looked overall, Dalton has played fairly well. This team has shown that they're not willing to pull Dalton from a game very quickly, so unless Dalton is really stinking it up, I don't even know if we'll see Finley come in at all. 
Reply/Quote