Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Analyzing the raider game and going forward
I thought we held up ok defensively considering our d line was decimated I think we were down to 5 guys by the end. We have alot of good corners but they cant hold up forever. Overall we came out a little flat due to most starters taking last week off. RT wasn't a huge problem against a elite pass rusher. Jonah was good we struggled getting push in the run game being 1 dimensional is a recipe for disaster. Chase may be most talented WR I have ever seen. He does it all and is so selfless willing to sacrifice his body to block. Imagine he improve his catching with another off season. I feel if we are to win a championship this season we need a 100 yard game out of Mixon at least once.
Reply/Quote
I’m going to get hazed for this but I wasn’t impressed w Mixon at all.

He is so hot and cold to me.

Sometimes, I think he is too “big” to be nifty. Dude is built but when I see these shifty nifty little dudes change direction - ON A DIME - and finding holes —I get a little jelly we don’t have someone like that.

I feel like he has holes created and runs through then but rarely creates great plays on his own.

I also think Mixon falls down a lot.

I am not hating on him - I just think he is “good” at best on his strong days.

Yes. I realize the Oline isn’t great.

Start the hate. Here we go. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: I’m going to get hazed for this but I wasn’t impressed w Mixon at all.

Sometimes, I think he is too “big” to be nifty. Dude is built but when I see these shifty nifty little dudes change direction - ON A DIME - and finding holes —I get a little jelly we don’t have someone like that.  

I feel like he has holes created and runs through then but rarely creates great plays on his own.

We do, that's Evans, they need to use him more, but Perine is the #2 who is the clone of Mixon. Evans had a couple of runs and did well I believe, sometimes the nifty guy is more suitable to play than your #1 guy, but the coach makes the call. That's why Brooks & Woods were the best RB combo.
Reply/Quote
I'll talk about Mixon after the season... but yes he leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. The stats are misleading.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: I’m going to get hazed for this but I wasn’t impressed w Mixon at all.

I don't disagree with you but I do feel like better line play can remedy a lot.

If they add pieces in the off season and he's still getting lined up like he is now I'm gonna be pissed.

He shouldn't have to line up so far back to get a yard, foot, inches.  Those crucial things you want to see out of your premier back.

Sometimes Mixon gets the ball and goes.  Most of the time he dances and tries to stutter step even on screen passes.

He needs to be coached up in my opinion.  He has the tools.  I think a lot is in his head and years or crappy talent/blocking in front of him.

When he gets the ball, his shift of balance often tips forward on his runs causing him to trip up and sometimes get knocked down with hand tackles.

That limits his explosive plays or runs that could potentially turn into long TDs.

Before people roast me on this, realize that I recognize his talent and am merely making some observations.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Mixon needs to get the ball, make maybe one cut, and go. All that dancing he does more often than not gets him stuffed. He needs to put his head down and go.
Reply/Quote
I was really disappointed in our red zone offense. Almost cost us the game and most certainly will against better teams.

I thought the offense moved pretty well and it was a good game plan until we'd get within the 10 yard line. Raiders also were the worst team in the league in stopping people.
Reply/Quote
We really really need Hendrickson, Daniels and Tupou back next week or I'm going to struggle seeing a path to victory.

Also, Zac went back to extremely conservative playcalling in the second half. Win or lose, I want this team to be aggressive.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:30 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We do, that's Evans, they need to use him more, but Perine is the #2 who is the clone of Mixon. Evans had a couple of runs and did well I believe, sometimes the nifty guy is more suitable to play than your #1 guy, but the coach makes the call. That's why Brooks & Woods were the best RB combo.

Nailed it on Evans. I miss Gio for this reason but we didn’t use him well either. They gave Gio a lot of plays that you do a bigger beast sized bell cow.

(01-16-2022, 03:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I don't disagree with you but I do feel like better line play can remedy a lot.

If they add pieces in the off season and he's still getting lined up like he is now I'm gonna be pissed.

He shouldn't have to line up so far back to get a yard, foot, inches.  Those crucial things you want to see out of your premier back.

Sometimes Mixon gets the ball and goes.  Most of the time he dances and tries to stutter step even on screen passes.

He needs to be coached up in my opinion.  He has the tools.  I think a lot is in his head and years or crappy talent/blocking in front of him.

When he gets the ball, his shift of balance often tips forward on his runs causing him to trip up and sometimes get knocked down with hand tackles.

That limits his explosive plays or runs that could potentially turn into long TDs.

Before people roast me on this, realize that I recognize his talent and am merely making some observations.

Spot on. Well-stated.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, Mixon needs to get the ball, make maybe one cut, and go. All that dancing he does more often than not gets him stuffed. He needs to put his head down and go.

Yep, and when his starting point is so far back behind LOS it is even more glaring.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Better run blocking is the key to success for Joe Mixon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Definitely need to use Evans more as a compliment or if they don’t think he’s the guy then try to find one. Nixon’s inability to make people miss in space is bewildering.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What's with the big hole in the middle of the field in our pass coverage?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

No hate here. I like Mixon but he has struggled since having a career day vs Pittsburgh.

Last 6 games (Including the Wild Card game) after rushing for 165 yards vs the Stoolers
329 yds (54.8 per game)
16.8 carries/ 3.3 yds per carry
2 Rushing TDs

First 11 games of the season
924 yds (84 per game)
18.9 carries/4.4 yds per carry
11 Rushing TDs
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:57 PM)Streak 161 Wrote: No hate here. I like Mixon but he has struggled since having a career day vs Pittsburgh.

Last 6 games (Including the Wild Card game) after rushing for 165 yards vs the Stoolers
329 yds (54.8 per game)
2 Rushing TDs

924 yds (84 per game)
11 Rushing TDs

Wow. That’s nuts and moreover, problematic.
Reply/Quote
This team is on the cusp of joining the elite of the NFL. The OL though improved is still a major drawback. Right now the offense is limited because of the need to supplement them with sometimes 2 TE’s or always leaving in a running back to block to protect. . If you guys think this offense is even close to where Taylor wants it to be it’s really only at about 60%. I’ve got a great source who says when they can begin to run the ball effectively ( yards per carry not total yards) this offense will become the best in the NFL.

The roster is getting there but it’s still needing another great draft and FA haul to reach Super Bowl level contention. I think the Brown family want to get Mike a Super Bowl. I think they feel they have the coach and the QB to get there. We have the most salary cap room of any playoff team. This off season will be the most important in decades. It will determine whether this team reaches the Super Bowl in the next 3 years. They are at the last turn in a horse race.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:44 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yep, and when his starting point is so far back behind LOS it is even more glaring.

He rarely gets the ball within 3 yards of the LOS. I hate the constant runs starting 5 yards in the backfield. 

But in reality, in my opinion, we should spend on the OL and go cheap at RB (youngsters). 
Reply/Quote

I think this is accurate. I've been pounding for most of the season that the Bengals running game isn't good. I see various posters here and in other Bengals communities talk about "pound the rock with Mixon" and "become a tough, run heavy, physical team' etc. 

This is an awful idea, the Bengals absolutely stink at running the ball. This isn't all Mixon's fault, I do think he is very talented. The offensive line is inconsistent with opening running lanes and he does seem to get tripped up often. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:44 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yep, and when his starting point is so far back behind LOS it is even more glaring.

I have no issue with the starting point so far behind the line of scrimmage but what I have issue with is these pitch outs that take so long to develop when you're counting on guards and tackles to pull. If you're getting outnumbered on the side they're running to all it takes is one trip up and you lose yards. You got third down and less than a yard I want a quick hitter over tackle to Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:57 PM)Streak 161 Wrote: No hate here. I like Mixon but he has struggled since having a career day vs Pittsburgh.

329 yds (54.8 per game)
2 Rushing TDs

924 yds (84 per game)
11 Rushing TDs

When did he hurt his ankle and Reiff get hurt? Regardless Mixon has definitely not been getting it done and I wouldn't be against letting Evans or Perine get a few more carries to see if they can do a bit more.
Reply/Quote