Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analyzing this video
It's not just Hill this year, Gio is sucking. This points to the offensive line.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 01:54 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Bodine looked line he was blocking for a pass, standing straight up and trying to shove a guy. You're not going to win a block by not having leverage. He tries to block way too high, that's the biggest problem I've seen from him.

Bodine looked like he was on ice skates lol 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 02:09 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Hi guys new here.   Huge Bengals fan , I even watch the games on replay dissecting each play n player.  The problem is Bodine.  He is absolutely terrible.  Just terrible.  Gets pushed around with ease.  No idea why he's still starting.   His gym strength doesn't match his playing strength.

To me it looks like Bodine has 2 major problems:  1) No leverage and, 2) No leg strength.

He needs to stay a lot lower and be the aggressor on run plays.  If he can do this he can at least hold his ground, regardless of how good the interior D lineman are on the other side.  On both passing and running plays he needs to be thinking about his leverage - meaning has to focus on establishing his leg's underneath him with the appropriate body angle.  He doesn't get up under anybody and it's constantly killing him because you can't recover with you're straight up and down.

My 2 cents (and that's about what it's worth)... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 10:32 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: <script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

I believe this video/play sums up why we have been so bad at running the ball. You can see Bodine get dominated right away off the ball. You can also see the Dolphins were bringing in a linebacker to run blitz. There just weren't enough people to block the amount of Dolphins coming in to tackle Hill.

Strangely enough, Bodine's poor play and the extra run blitzing linebacker isn't why this play failed. The play failed because Jeremy Hill didnt follow his blocker. If Hill would have followed Hewitt he could have actually had a nice gain, instead he jump cuts right into the blitzing linebacker.

Just found this interesting.

In an amazing twist of coincidence, this is pretty much what i was saying in the pump your brakes thread.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He didn't jump cut because he didn't see the hole, he jump cut so Bodine wouldn't run him over.

Why did he jump right instead of left where Hewitt was going?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 04:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why did he jump right instead of left where Hewitt was going?

He had no choice.  Bodine blocked his running Lane. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 05:02 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He had no choice.  Bodine blocked his running Lane. 

The play was to the left. Hewitt had no trouble going left. It looked like Hill had to jump pretty hard to go right.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Here is the second video. It looks like its a combination of Hill not following his blocker and 68 actually whiffing on a block: 

<script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

pulling on the goal line should be a punishable offense
Reply/Quote
Damn that is sad, cannot blame Hill for either play. That is on Bodine in the first vid and Zeit in the 2nd.

Zeit knew it too...
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Here is the second video. It looks like its a combination of Hill not following his blocker and 68 actually whiffing on a block: 

<script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>
TE #87 looked like crap also. What a sorry ass cluster**** this group is. The coaches likely pat them on the ass when they come to the sideline while saying something like,"We'll get it next time."  Give me a break!!! Sick Better yet, new coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn that is sad, cannot blame Hill for either play. That is on Bodine in the first vid and Zeit in the 2nd.

Zeit knew it too...

Boling does well when he pulls. Zeitler can't do it. Sad
Reply/Quote
I love hill but he should of went left on that play it looks like. I already the d line has been in the backfield, our o line has sucked in the interior. You got to adjust your o line till you find a winning formula.but Marvin the coach.
Reply/Quote
If Bodine keeps that up he will lead the league in assisted tackles if he isn't already.

I see the witch hunt continues.  Wink
Reply/Quote
Gawd.....Bodine is a turd.....thanks Piano Man. Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Not everyone can be an Eric Ghiacuic.
Reply/Quote
I'm just amazed that they are so upright. Low man wins, and the Bengals are very upright. They lose leverage and back they go!

If you have ever watched a Stanford offensive line, their guys will dive almost at the defender's thighs to undercut and take away their leverage (in short yardage).

This is getting a little too deep of analysis for many, so I apologize, but I think one of the biggest problems with the offensive line is lack of drive blocking at any other point in the game. It is almost always slide protections. Let these guys get in to the game by firing off the ball on 2nd and 5 more often and they might actually become more adept in short yardage.

Someone with more time than I have could analyze the blocking scheme through an entire game and the Bengals run blocking schemes are almost always slides. Doesn't motivate your lineman and allows for too many mistakes, IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 10:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm just amazed that they are so upright.  Low man wins, and the Bengals are very upright.  They lose leverage and back they go!

If you have ever watched a Stanford offensive line, their guys will dive almost at the defender's thighs to undercut and take away their leverage (in short yardage).  

This is getting a little too deep of analysis for many, so I apologize, but I think one of the biggest problems with the offensive line is lack of drive blocking at any other point in the game.  It is almost always slide protections.  Let these guys get in to the game by firing off the ball on 2nd and 5 more often and they might actually become more adept in short yardage.

Someone with more time than I have could analyze the blocking scheme through an entire game and the Bengals run blocking schemes are almost always slides.  Doesn't motivate your lineman and allows for too many mistakes, IMHO.

Agree totally.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 10:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm just amazed that they are so upright.  Low man wins, and the Bengals are very upright.  They lose leverage and back they go!

This is getting a little too deep of analysis for many, so I apologize, but I think one of the biggest problems with the offensive line is lack of drive blocking at any other point in the game.  It is almost always slide protections.  Let these guys get in to the game by firing off the ball on 2nd and 5 more often and they might actually become more adept in short yardage.

Someone with more time than I have could analyze the blocking scheme through an entire game and the Bengals run blocking schemes are almost always slides.  Doesn't motivate your lineman and allows for too many mistakes, IMHO.

Suh beat Bodine off the ball. He was quicker after the snap. If you watch the video, you can see Suh's hands go straight up under Bodine's pads which doesnt allow Bodine to get leverage. Suh is basically standing Bodine straight up and then pushing him back. Even if Bodine wanted to get low to get leverage, he couldnt. Suh is just that much stronger.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote