Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Anarumo has GOT to go
This guy is awful. Does he have some kind of blackmail on ZT or what?? Get this guy out of here! He's had like 3 games the past 2 season where the defense had a halfway decent performance. Thats not gonna cut it. Its time for his sorry ass to go. This is unreal. He should have been fired after the season last year. This is a no brainer. Pathetic performance once again. Terrible gameplan. If we could have stopped the Browns on just two of there drives we might have won the game. That was flat out embarrassing by Anarumo. Fire him now so we can give ourselves some hope for the rest of the season PLEASE.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Agree. We brought in players on D with the sole purpose to stop the run and guess what, we still can’t stop the run. Knowing the Browns are going to run on that last drive and in 3 plays down to our 10 or so is just completely unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:23 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Agree. We brought in players on D with the sole purpose to stop the run and guess what, we still can’t stop the run. Knowing the Browns are going to run on that last drive and in 3 plays down to our 10 or so is just completely unacceptable.

Yeah that was horrible. 
Tiger

Reply/Quote
1.) Short week
2.) Missing the best player on the defense plus his backup.

This Defense played much better to finish the season last year and last week they put us in position to win. We shouldn't over react after one game on a short week.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
In 18 games under Anarumo, the D has allowed 136 or more rushing yards 11 times and 5 of those have been for over 200. 

Last year, they gave 148.9 per game on the ground. Through 2 games this year...186.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:20 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: This guy is awful. Does he have some kind of blackmail on ZT or what?? Get this guy out of here! He's had like 3 games the past 2 season where the defense had a halfway decent performance. Thats not gonna cut it. Its time for his sorry ass to go. This is unreal. He should have been fired after the season last year. This is a no brainer. Pathetic performance once again. Terrible gameplan. If we could have stopped the Browns on just two of there drives we might have won the game. That was flat out embarrassing by Anarumo. Fire him now so we can give ourselves some hope for the rest of the season PLEASE.

Or can we at least get a FS that can actually tackle?  Bates is trash.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:28 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: In 18 games under Anarumo, the D has allowed 136 or more rushing yards 11 times and 5 of those have been for over 200. 

Last year, they gave 148.9 per game on the ground. Through 2 games this year...186.

Thats absolutley insane. How does this man still have a job?? 
Tiger

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:28 AM)Whatever Wrote: Or can we at least get a FS that can actually tackle?  Bates is trash.

Defensive line was getting knocked 5 yards off the line one on one. The linebackers were getting cleared out of gaps by TEs and second level blockers. The browns running backs were getting free runs at the bengals secondary. It was ugly even with the third level missed tackles.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I bet Mike Zimmer could make this defense into a top 15 defense instantly. It sure as hell wouldnt be dead last 2 years running.
Tiger

Reply/Quote
He's getting into Teryl territory.

I never believed in him and still don't.

He had an excuse last year when they didn't do work in FA.

This year they did, and the team looks worse.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals want to show any form of committment to this season Anarumo should be sent packing tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
I'll give him a few more games before I'm raising my pitch fork and chasing him out of town. If things aren't noticeable improved and trending up by week 4 then I'll sign the petition to send him packing.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:37 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I'll give him a few more games before I'm raising my pitch fork and chasing him out of town. If things aren't noticeable improved and trending up by week 4 then I'll sign the petition to send him packing.

you are a bengals fan. man up. you know what's coming year in and year out. accept the failure of our commander in chief. shit never changes. and it never will. hasn't for nearly 30 years. wrap your head around that, and you'll understand.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:34 AM)Synric Wrote: Defensive line was getting knocked 5 yards off the line one on one. The linebackers were getting cleared out of gaps by TEs and second level blockers. The browns running backs were getting free runs at the bengals secondary. It was ugly even with the third level missed tackles.

All that is sadly true.  But the Browns had a lot of 5 yard runs turn into big plays because Bates couldn't tackle an 8 year old Pop Warner running back.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. Although just about everyone is having a meltdown on here tonight, saying that Anarumo should be fired isn’t an overreaction. It’s an observation.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:27 AM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Short week
2.) Missing the best player on the defense plus his backup.

This Defense played much better to finish the season last year and last week they put us in position to win. We shouldn't over react after one game on a short week.

If Geno is still our best player on D at this point in his career therein lies the big problem. We haven’t brought on any great taken on Defense in a long time
Reply/Quote
We knew ZT had a limited resume and rolodex when we hired him. Expecting a QB coach-turned-HC to have some great coordinators at his beck and call isn't terribly feasible. Mike Brown gave these guys some hefty promotions to get them here and so far they look as in over their head as we feared.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:35 AM)samhain Wrote: He's getting into Teryl territory.  

I never believed in him and still don't.

He had an excuse last year when they didn't do work in FA.  

This year they did, and the team looks worse.

Starting CB out, Starting hall of fame DT out,  and #1 backup DT out.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:48 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: If Geno is still our best player on D at this point in his career therein lies the big problem. We haven’t brought on any great taken on Defense in a long time

I'd hope it's the guy we just paid a crap pot of money to in order to help stop the run. Sure didn't reflect tonight. I also kinda refuse to believe the defense even minus Geno is that bad. Coaching feels very suspect especially considering the final drive we needed a stop when they 100% were not throwing the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:33 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Thats absolutley insane. How does this man still have a job?? 

Simple, he's employed by the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote