Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Anarumo has GOT to go
(09-26-2020, 10:09 AM)pally Wrote: Wade Phillips wants a job

“Being out, I feel like I could help somebody,” Phillips said. “That’s the only thing. But they’ve got to feel that way, too. But there’ll be some teams that don’t do as well. Whether they'll consider me to help, I don’t know that. So, we’ll have to wait and see.”

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/one-on-one-coverage-wade-phillips-feels-he-could-help-somebody-again/article_f248e6b2-ff44-11ea-8635-8314c81433ff.html

Would love to get Wade in here...

(09-26-2020, 10:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This seems like a no-brainer. Taylor knows him from LA, and he’s a good coach. But no let’s just roll with Lou Anarumo like...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3409083]

Hilarious

(09-26-2020, 11:10 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: That would be a great get for the Bengals. 

Hell, if I'm Wade Phillips I would think that I would end up being Head Coach of this team within 2-3 years.

True, would be good for all sides. Honestly makes sense with how poorly Taylor has been coaching this team.

I see a gleam in Wade's eye. Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love to get Wade in here...

Hilarious

True, would be good for all sides. Honestly makes sense with how poorly Taylor has been coaching this team.

I see a gleam in Wade's eye. Cool

I just had this conversation with somebody, he has ties with Zac with the Rams, Lou was chosen because so many DC turned down the job, and most importantly the defense is horrendous under Lou. 

Wade has a serious proven track record for turning around bad defenses wherever he goes. 

So it seems like a no-brainer so what's the holdup?

This is the Bengals Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 07:05 PM)GodFather Wrote: I just had this conversation with somebody, he has ties with Zac with the Rams, Lou was chosen because so many DC turned down the job, and most importantly the defense is horrendous under Lou. 

Wade has a serious proven track record for turning around bad defenses wherever he goes. 

Yeah, just makes too much sense. Taylor might not want to bring him in cause he would be his successor lol

Either way, if this losing keeps up he will have a successor anyways or I sure as hell hope so...
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 07:05 PM)GodFather Wrote: I just had this conversation with somebody, he has ties with Zac with the Rams, Lou was chosen because so many DC turned down the job, and most importantly the defense is horrendous under Lou. 

He's got the proven track record, and the fact that he got his start in the NFL as a DL coach leads me to believe that he might improve the development of our younger DEs, and more importantly the DTs that we seem to keep drafting and not developing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Most likely: Roll with Lou for the entirety of his contract
More likely: Roll with Lou till the end of the year and hire an even less competent defensive coordinator
Less likely: Roll with Lou till the end of the year and hire an actual competent defensive coordinator
Least likely: Hire Wade or another competent defensive coach by mid- season

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 03:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They did OK in the 1st half, 58 yards on 17 carries (3.4 ypc) but gave up almost 100 in the 2nd half, 97 yards on 22 carries (4.4 ypc).

In Lou's 18 games, here's what they've allowed on the ground. The five 200+ yards allowed is the most in the NFL over that time:

578   2,752   4.8   (142.9 yards per game)

They have to figure out a way to stop teams from running on them. Now this problem isn't new, it's been going on for awhile, but to this point, Lou's done nothing to change it or figure out how to fix it. Hopefully, he can sooner than later.

That's awful to see it like that...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If this ass clown isn't fired by tomorrow, the Bengals have no interest in winning. This game is too big for "Sweet Lou"

Same goes for Turner, I've seen enough of his act. He and his stop nothing line is going to get JoeB killed.

JoeB needs to walk into ZT's office close the door and have a coming to Jesus meeting. This game appears to be too big for Zac too...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Anarumo, Turner, and Taylor need to be shown the door. Now. Not later. Now.
Reply/Quote
UPDATED:

In Lou's 19 games, here's what they've allowed on the ground. The five 200+ yards allowed is the most in the NFL over that time:

614   2,927   4.8   (154 yards per game)
Reply/Quote
I wonder why Lou didn't put a spotter on Wentz once he saw him making plays with his legs.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:58 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I wonder why Lou didn't put a spotter on Wentz once he saw him making plays with his legs.
Lou Anarumo: "what's this spotter you speak of"? "Why don't I know of this"?...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:58 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I wonder why Lou didn't put a spotter on Wentz once he saw him making plays with his legs.

Watch Big Ben be the leading rusher for the Steelers when we play them.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Watch Minshew gash this defense for yards on Sunday
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:54 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Simple, he's employed by the Bengals. 

Pissburg and the dirty birds are licking their chops, we may get to 3 wins this season. fans need to stay away and do not buy tickets,this is a horrible team,just like all the rest for fifty years. this coach is way way over his head and has no idea and his offensive scheme is very complex and players are  not getting it and he thinks the more complex a offense is the better,I got news for him,just line up and knock heads off that works every time. ZT is a massive bullshitter and the players are not listening any more.And this QB will want out of here real real soon.He is ruining a really great QB and the whole world is seeing it but him.
Reply/Quote