Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Taylor is 1000% a bullshitter
I don't know how anyone could look at these last 19 games and come away thinking this is the guy to take us all the way.

2-16-1 overall record.
0-10-1 record in one possession games.

He stood on the table for the Jim Turner hire. The offensive line is arguably the worst it's been in five years, and this coaching staff is still playing "musical chairs" with linemen while our quarterback gets one hit closer to an iron lung. Everybody and their mother knew the o-line was a problem, especially for a rookie QB coming in with a shortened off-season. They did the bare minimum and it is frankly inexcusable watching Burrow get pummeled for three weeks straight.

He hired Anarumo, who despite getting significant additions in free agency this past off-season is still fielding a defense that can't stop the run or get off the field on third down.

He keeps crying about "bad luck" and how nothing is going their way.

He's literally all talk and no game. The proof is in the record. Can't coach this team to wins in one-possession contests. Can't plan or scheme around injuries or other teams' deficiencies. The Bengals are one of the least developed teams in the analytics department.

People can make excuses for this guy all they want. He's not it. God willing, the organization realizes it sooner rather than later. Do NOT waste Burrow's rookie contract on this shit. Assuming he even survives it, there's no way in hell he'll stick around after.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 07:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT screaming at his o line is like a bumbling cartoon villain screaming at his braindead henchmen. 

You worthless idiots, you let the Eagles just waltz right by you!  You're supposed to stop them!

I think i love this analogy. I even read it in a foreign accent. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Taylors mistake was Turner over Callahan. But we've all known that. There is no one on the Offensive staff that has been successful calling plays and it shows as they can't seem to fix the run game and protection issues.

Zac isn't the answer, we just have to hope Burrow isn't ruined (already), and the FO figures that out quickly.

You see the difference a good HC makes with the Browns.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:38 AM)MickMack Wrote: Based on last year's numbers?  Worse.  Based on this year's numbers (so far) he's almost exactly where he was in '17 and '18.  But I don't think it's particularly relevant to the analysis.   That's a classic correlation doesn't mean causation situation.  Taylor didn't call plays in LA.  He's calling plays here, in Cincinnati.  And (so far), I feel comfortable saying that Burrow's success is in spite of that play calling, not because of it.  

There is really no incorrect answer here. Zac Taylor may be very good at being a quarterbacks coach. However, as a head coach, not so much.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think i love this analogy. I even read it in a foreign accent. 

I was thinking more of 87 Turtles era Shredder or maybe Skeletor but we all have our eras. Or Ren going ape on Stimpy?

The key is the guy doing the yelling is pretty damn incompetent and culpable in the failure himself.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:04 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: He is coaching and doing interviews like he was told he has 5 years to get it right. He is going to get Burrow injured if he does not fix that lame ass O-line. Burrow is tough as nails but all those hits will add up to an injury. Pretty sad when you think about bringing PA back to fix the O-line.

Man, you gotta stop thinking if that's the case bro.... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I was thinking more of 87 Turtles era Shredder or maybe Skeletor but we all have our eras.  Or Ren going ape on Stimpy?

The key is the guy doing the yelling is pretty damn incompetent and culpable in the failure himself.

Steeeeempy, you eeeeediot!

BTW, i used to have Ren and Stimpy dolls that, if you squeezed them, they farted. 

For the accent though, i was thinking more Boris and Natasha.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hard for the OL to build chemistry when you have so many starters with low ceilings and/or low floors.
The only decent-or-better pass blockers right now are Jonah Williams and Trey Hopkins.
Jordan, Hart, Johnson, and Price have all been bad.

PFF grades after 3 weeks (in order from best pass blocking to worst):
Hopkins - 62.4 (76.7 pass, 56.6 run)
Williams - 66.8 (71.0 pass, 53.0 run)
Hart - 65.5 (57.0 pass, 75.3 run)
Jordan - 54.3 (45.3 pass, 57.5 run)
Johnson - 48.8 (44.4 pass, 55.2 run)
Price - 38.8 (21.4 pass, 57.4 run)

Run blocking clearly is also not good enough, as only 1 OL (Hart) has a 60+ run block rating.

These players may end up somewhat improving by the end of the year, but it's going to still result in another underwhelming season because they have so many bad players early on in the season.

The Bengals failed to bring in enough quality replacements and are paying a price for the faith they had in this group.

Man, that's depressing to look at.

Billy's pass blocking grade is probably higher when he's sitting on the bench.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 12:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Billy's pass blocking grade is probably higher when he's sitting on the bench.  Mellow

And there will still be people here clamoring for Billy Price to start
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:11 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: I am getting the feeling of the second coming of Dave Shula.....

This may be very unfair to Dave Shula
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 12:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, that's depressing to look at.

Billy's pass blocking grade is probably higher when he's sitting on the bench.  Mellow

Said this in another post but where does Price rank in the worst lineman in Bengals history? Bottom 5 for sure.

He is just worthless in pass protection. Was the same last year but our management spent $18 million on AJ instead of getting 2 or 3 better lineman to protect their future.

It is just hard to imagine that our management team is this clueless or stupid.

I bet there are 10-15 guys on taxi squads that would be a major improvement over Price.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:44 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't know how anyone could look at these last 19 games and come away thinking this is the guy to take us all the way.  

2-16-1 overall record.
0-10-1 record in one possession games.  

He stood on the table for the Jim Turner hire.  The offensive line is arguably the worst it's been in five years, and this coaching staff is still playing "musical chairs" with linemen while our quarterback gets one hit closer to an iron lung.  Everybody and their mother knew the o-line was a problem, especially for a rookie QB coming in with a shortened off-season.  They did the bare minimum and it is frankly inexcusable watching Burrow get pummeled for three weeks straight.

He hired Anarumo, who despite getting significant additions in free agency this past off-season is still fielding a defense that can't stop the run or get off the field on third down.

He keeps crying about "bad luck" and how nothing is going their way.  

He's literally all talk and no game.  The proof is in the record.  Can't coach this team to wins in one-possession contests.  Can't plan or scheme around injuries or other teams' deficiencies.  The Bengals are one of the least developed teams in the analytics department.  

People can make excuses for this guy all they want.  He's not it.  God willing, the organization realizes it sooner rather than later.  Do NOT waste Burrow's rookie contract on this shit.  Assuming he even survives it, there's no way in hell he'll stick around after.

I know its been easy to slam the FO but they have completely backed Zak up on whatever he wanted.  

Top to bottom this is his coaching staff - believe FO tried to lobby to keep Frank Pollack as OL coach but allowed ZT to choose.

He chose to go very inexperienced with his co-ordinators. Perhaps only Simmons was a mandatory keep from the FO?

He continually strikes me as that guy who interviews well (talk well, says right things) but then talks himself into a job over his capability.
Reply/Quote
Every time I watch one of this guy's press conferences or interviews I like him less and less.

OP is totally right. It reeks of bs and talking out your arse. All he's good at is reguritating some bs coachspeak that he probably rehearses in front of a mirror, while wearing a Tom Landy hat.

While that might seem like an odd reference (and it is), my point is that the man is essentially playing dress up. He's like a child, who dresses up like a cowboy, who knows all the lingo, and has the outfit to match. Yet the child is as close to a real cowboy as Bruce Jenner is to a real woman.

Zac Taylor is not a real coach. He's little turd who convinced (swindled) a geriatric and his Kevin Bacon looking daughter that he can actually coach football.

Perhaps having a 85 year old man, who may be the worst GM in NFL history, and two lawyer family members, making football decisions isn't the best move?
Reply/Quote
Becoming more and more curious about what went wrong with Bieniemy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote