Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Anarumo has GOT to go
(09-18-2020, 01:28 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: In 18 games under Anarumo, the D has allowed 136 or more rushing yards 11 times and 5 of those have been for over 200. 

Last year, they gave 148.9 per game on the ground. Through 2 games this year...186.

The front office will use this as proof to why you don't spend big money in free agency  Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dunlap might have seemed like he wasn’t playing, but sadly he was.

Naw, he's on the field but he has checked out. 
Reply/Quote
If Anarumo would just simply coach,and teach these guys how they need To have a mean streak,Tackle,be physical,you know,sort of like a Vontaze Burfict when he was in his prime,then that alone would go a long way in making this defense much better.Did anyone get a count on the missed tackling last night? Let alone the poor tackling we witnessed.It was embarrassing.Anarumo should be ashamed of himself.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:43 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: If Anarumo would just simply coach,and teach these guys how they need To have a mean streak,Tackle,be physical,you know,sort of like a Vontaze Burfict when he was in his prime,then that alone would go a long way in making  this defense much better.Did anyone get a count on the missed tackling last night? Let alone the poor tackling we witnessed.It was embarrassing.Anarumo should be ashamed of himself.

I believe that is why they brought in guys like Bell, Reader, Alexander and Waynes. Players that play with an edge. It's just takes a little time working together. Man you guys give up easy.
Reply/Quote
Give Lou a chance are you kidding me?!? He had his chance last year and he sucked bad! Make a change now or else we're looking at another losing season. They went down in 4 plays running the ball when we needed a stop to have a chance to win and we couldnt do it! We made them punt what, one time?!? Just sad. Anarumo is terrible and he was terrible last year. He had his chance all last year and i cant believe he wasnt fired after the season. This is ridiculous. FIRE ANARUMO ITS OUR ONLY HOPE!
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
All jokes aside, his selection as the DC is one of the most irresponsible things I've seen in quite some time.

Yeah, I know Zac doesn't exactly have a lot of political capital, and the DC wouldn't be inheriting the '85 bears. There only exists 32 of these jobs in the entire world. If he did a little campaigning to some up and comers, he could have landed one of them.

I'm more inclined to think he's just so poorly thought of around the league, no one wanted to hitch their wagon to his star.

Regardless, you don't give the keys to a guy like him. He had absolutely zero in terms of qualifications.just like his boss, and he's failing. Just like his boss.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:35 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: I bet Mike Zimmer could make this defense into a top 15 defense instantly. It sure as hell wouldnt be dead last 2 years running.

Or at least improve it fast. 

I watched some of those runs where we missed a tackle, or the plays where guys were wide open for a pass because our defense was out of position and I looked for what happened after that play or drive. As close as I could tell no one was talking to those players after that play or drive. Zimmer would've talked to each player and held them accountable. It doesn't need to be yelling but you do need to do it. I don't care that these players "are professionals and don't need to be told what to do", to not do it is lazy and sets a tone of allowing sloppy, weak play. 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:04 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Give Lou a chance are you kidding me?!? He had his chance last year and he sucked bad! Make a change now or else we're looking at another losing season. They went down in 4 plays running the ball when we needed a stop to have a chance to win and we couldnt do it! We made them punt what, one time?!? Just sad. Anarumo is terrible and he was terrible last year. He had his chance all last year and i cant believe he wasnt fired after the season. This is ridiculous. FIRE ANARUMO ITS OUR ONLY HOPE!

We were going to have a losing season with a rookie QB and a bad o line.

You just hoped you saw some big changes in the defense and saw the potential of the offense. You see some of both the past 2 weeks, it’s just not as good as you would have seen with a full training camp.

We have no identity on offense when we need to be run first until burrow is more comfortable.
Reply/Quote
Does anybody know of any defensive coordinators available?? Ill take anyone at this point.
Tiger

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not just one game. We’ve been absolutely gashed on the ground two games in a row now. After giving Lou DJ Reader that is completely unacceptable.

We also had 3 PS players play right next to him last night. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:55 AM)J24 Wrote: We also had 3 PS players play right next to him last night. 

Man the excuses are flowing this morning. Cleveland had guys out too.

Reply/Quote
No excuse for Anarumo anymore! This is awful. NO MORE EXCUSES. He is GARBAGE. FIRE HIM NOW.
Tiger

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man the excuses are flowing this morning. Cleveland had guys out too.

And Cleveland's defense was top notch last night wasn't it?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:29 AM)PhilHos Wrote: And Cleveland's defense was top notch last night wasn't it?

Ward was. Our leading WR had 72 yds. Their pass rush was. Myles Garrett made a game changing sack.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:27 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: No excuse for Anarumo anymore! This is awful. NO MORE EXCUSES. He is GARBAGE. FIRE HIM NOW.

I'm not impressed with Anarumo and don't know if this defense would be better even without the injuries. That said, who you got that's going to come in and do a better job in the middle of a season?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not impressed with Anarumo and don't know if this defense would be better even without the injuries. That said, who you got that's going to come in and do a better job in the middle of a season?

Not sure. Former Head Coach Jeff Fisher is available to be a defensive coordinator. Rex Ryan could be available. Those guys wouldnt have last place defenses 2 years in a row. Hell i think Rob Ryan is available too. His ass would have been pissed after last nights performance. Anarumo has zero experience at DC. At least these guys have had experience as average coordinators. If our offense can go down field like they did all we need is a somewhat average defense to give us a chance..
Tiger

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ward was. Our leading WR had 72 yds. Their pass rush was. Myles Garrett made a game changing sack.

Sure, Ward did, though he was covering on one of our pass TDs. 
Sure, our leading receiver had 72 yards, but Burrow completed passes to over 9 different receivers.
Sure, Myles Garrett made a game changing sack but it's not like we have an even below-average OL.

Facts: Clevelands defense gave up around 400 yards of offense and 30 points. You want to say that's good defense, fine, but then no one's going to trust your judgement when you criticize OUR defense.
Reply/Quote
The defensive line got pushed around last night. Reader was gassed playing 97% of the snaps and he had zero help inside. Covington was the best of the bunch and I see him on his back twice during the game.

Lawson was getting a little pressure but Mayfield had a a nearly perfect interior pocket to step up into to slow Cincy's edge rushers.

Honestly seen it coming with Tupou opted out, Wren on IR, and Geno and Daniels missing time it was going to be ugly. Then Bengals need to invest heavily in the trenches on both sides of the ball during the offseason. They need to do it through both the draft and Free Agency. Duke doesnt have to go get the most expensive guys either just quality rotation guys.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:38 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Not sure. Former Head Coach Jeff Fisher is available to be a defensive coordinator. Rex Ryan could be available. Those guys wouldnt have last place defenses 2 years in a row. Hell i think Rob Ryan is available too. His ass would have been pissed after last nights performance. Anarumo has zero experience at DC. At least these guys have had experience as average coordinators. If our offense can go down field like they did all we need is a somewhat average defense to give us a chance..

But are they willing to come be our DC? That was one of the reason's we have Anamuro in the first place! No one wanted the job!
Reply/Quote
Wade Phillips left the Rams this year and Im sure Zac has some sort of a relationship with. This defense could use a very experienced guy in Wade to setup a foundation for the D.

Lou was a last minute hire because all of the other prospects turned down the Bengals for one reason or another and it shows in his shaping or lack of with the defense.
Reply/Quote