Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anarumo's defensive adjustment
To me, the game completely turned on a defensive play at the end of the first half. Tyreek Hill was stopped at the two-yard-line by Apple and someone else. Andy Reid could have called for a field goal, but wanted a TD, possibly to help distance themselves if the Bengals came back. When it didn't work, he probably had an "uh-oh" look on his face that trickled down to the whole Chief's team.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:11 PM)J24 Wrote: Lou's defense was Belicheckian yesterday.

When you could literally see the bewilderment in Pats eyes you know it was clever. Defense dominated more than half of the game.  They made us folks who hated hearing the unfair OT BS very happy!! Just play defense!

Lou is a good coordinator and sometimes an excellent one!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But only for a half.

I don't think I have ever seen an elite KB like Mahommes look so different from one half to another.

Honestly it just doesn't make any sense. But I am not complaining. 

It's hard to shut out a player like Mahomes for a Half though! Lou Deserves a ton of credit!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:39 PM)M.W. Wrote: When you could literally see the bewilderment in Pats eyes you know it was clever. Defense dominated more than half of the game.  They made us folks who hated hearing the unfair OT BS very happy!! Just play defense!

Lou is a good coordinator and sometimes an excellent one!

Yep he had excellent game plan. Also a bunch of unselfish players on the unit that do not care who gets the credit.

Lou is becoming a great coach in front of our eyes!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I voted for Lou in the "game ball" thread and give our defense tons of credit, but I am still stunned that Mahommes looked so bad at home in a playoff game.  Our pass defense is just not that good.

Usually with no pressure and no one open Mahommes would have ran for whatever he could get and keep the chains moving. Bur instead he just ran around in the backfield until he got sacked or had to throw it away.

You were saying he was terrible 4 weeks ago
Reply/Quote
Just started watching all 22…holy crap the second half late rotations and fake shell looks was something I’ve never seen before. They were able to only rush 3 and cover every one because it was impossible to diagnose anything pre snap. There were safeties rolling to corners with nickels filing deep half’s, there were cover 1 looks that rotated to cover 2 then BACK to 1! Legit, it almost looks like they went vanilla two high first half then had the “real plan” saved for second half so the Chiefs couldn’t adjust at half.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I voted for Lou in the "game ball" thread and give our defense tons of credit, but I am still stunned that Mahommes looked so bad at home in a playoff game.  Our pass defense is just not that good.

Usually with no pressure and no one open Mahommes would have ran for whatever he could get and keep the chains moving. Bur instead he just ran around in the backfield until he got sacked or had to throw it away.

It was very odd watching it again.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:15 AM)J24 Wrote: It's hard to shut out a player like Mahomes for a Half though! Lou Deserves a ton of credit!

Tech he did it for a whole game. What was it week 17. Think Mahomes only had 50 yards for 3 points in the second half of that game also. It’s insane thinking about it. I was and I’m sure most were thinking the same thing going into this game, how is Burrow and Chase or ( pick your weapon) going to duplicate another 466 yard 4 TD 266 yards rec for Chase again in this game. They didn’t need to, D just had to do what they did again. Honestly the D has balled out every playoff game. All basically ending on an INT. This game ended almost exactly how the Titan game did with a ball tipped out of the receivers hands from behind. What a playoff… best I’ve ever seen. I’m just glad we made it to the SB cause to be honest I probably would have been too pissed to watch any more games if we lost and would have missed out on some damn good football. Who-Dey
Reply/Quote
While I feel bad Lou did not get the NYG HC job, I selfishly am glad he is coming back and the continuity in this defense is intact. It would really suck for them to have to learn a whole new system next year.
Reply/Quote
We honestly shouldn’t have beaten you guys this year. I can say since we choked that we beat the AFC Champs only cause of special teams blunders.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: Just started watching all 22…holy crap the second half late rotations and fake shell looks was something I’ve never seen before. They were able to only rush 3 and cover every one because it was impossible to diagnose anything pre snap. There were safeties rolling to corners with nickels filing deep half’s, there were cover 1 looks that rotated to cover 2 then BACK to 1! Legit, it almost looks like they went vanilla two high first half then had the “real plan” saved for second half so the Chiefs couldn’t adjust at half.

I know Florio reported that the switch at halftime was planned all along. Have to hand it to Lou, he got all that coached up during the week and the discipline not to hit KC with it until halftime even when their offense was rolling.  It would be really interesting to see if that was stuff he installed during the week or if it was installed in TC and he sat on it.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: I know Florio reported that the switch at halftime was planned all along. Have to hand it to Lou, he got all that coached up during the week and the discipline not to hit KC with it until halftime even when their offense was rolling.  It would be really interesting to see if that was stuff he installed during the week or if it was installed in TC and he sat on it.

I had read on Monday (an analysis on a Chiefs forum) that the Bengals did try that defense sporadically in the first half and saw that it did work and then went all in the 2nd half. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:51 AM)Nepa Wrote: I had read on Monday (an analysis on a Chiefs forum) that the Bengals did try that defense sporadically in the first half and saw that it did work and then went all in the 2nd half. 

Caught Mahomes "not looking"... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 06:02 PM)LostInDaJungle Wrote: Good contain. My wife who knows little about football was wondering why some of the D-Linemen seemed to be "standing around" as she put it. Then Mahomes busted out the backside and got tracked down by Hendrickson.

We didn't give him any lanes.

The old mush rush.  Our preparation early in the year to contain Lamar Jackson likely helped out against the Chiefs.  Obviously the players were familiar with the concept and plays, they didn't just come up with this at halftime.  No way, they all knew exactly what their roles were.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:57 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: The old mush rush.  Our preparation early in the year to contain Lamar Jackson likely helped out against the Chiefs.  Obviously the players were familiar with the concept and plays, they didn't just come up with this at halftime.  No way, they all knew exactly what their roles were.

You guys came back on them in the regular season too right?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:59 AM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys came back on them in the regular season too right?

Almost the same way. In week 17, we were down 14 points 3 different times and held them to 3 points in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 11:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Almost the same way. In week 17, we were down 14 points 3 different times and held them to 3 points in the second half.

I read their board and they are saying it’s rigged. What a bunch of sore losers.
Reply/Quote