Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anarumo should be fired after this season, as well as Turner
(12-23-2019, 08:55 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I disagree with getting rid of ZT. I will leave it to him to decide on changes in his coaching staff.

I agree he may have been a little over his head to begin the year. Did not help him he did not get the coaches he may have wanted.
I see a team that is playing hard for their coach. I think the Offensive Line, Wide Receiver and Defensive Line is improving.
Pratt is playing better at LB. Mixon, Boyd and Tate have played hard.

I am looking forward to getting our new QB Joe Burrow and our new LT Jonah Williams. Cordy Glenn will look great at LG.

Hopefully, we do something different and sign a couple of Free Agents. Love to overpay and pick up a great FA LB and RT.

I am trying to think positive and send positive vibes for ZT and the new look 2020 Bengals.

I just hope ZT gets to decide how things move forward not Mike Brown.

Taylor has shown no competence at anything. You get blocking TEs in the 2nd Round and poor free agents like BW Webb when you leave him make decisions.
Reply/Quote
The guy that needs to go is Duke and for God sakes sign some good players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with Anarumo being let go. I'm leery of bringing in a different DC for the 3rd straight year. The last 2 have been embarrassingly bad.

Does this team have any ability to hire a good one anymore? IDK. I think Anarumo sucks, but if they're gonna replace him with the 17th choice in the interview process, then I'd rather hang on and see if he can get better with a year of system implementation and hopefully a better player or 2. I mean, they started the season with zero good linebackers. Pratt seems decent, but maybe get a couple more? IDK.
Reply/Quote
Actually think both Turner and Lou have turn there units around outside of the Miami game. It will be interesting to see if Duke and the rest of the dumbasses in the front office sign any good players in free agency.
The roster is God awful in some spots and has very little depth in others. The only positions where we are deep at are Nose Tackle, RB, and Safety for next season. We need more playmakers on the roster. Coaching isn't the problem.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: If this team decides to stick with Opie as the head coach, the team needs to at least fire both Jim Turner and Lou Anarumo and find an established defensive coordinator and an established offensive line coach and bring in an offensive coordinator.

None of these coaches should be back, save for Simmons. Taylor picked them all except for Simmons. Why does anyone think he's going to pick better the next time around?

Taylor has been inept all season long, from game 1 to game 16 and there's no reason to believe he'll suddenly become competent in the next week.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Jack Del Rio - DC

Jay Gruden - OC

Ron Rivera (or Mike McCarthy) - HC

Bill Callahan - OL (keep Brian around as whatever to appease his dad)

Simmons - ST

A guy can dream...

Reply/Quote
Defense still played like shit most of the year, and the guy was like our sixteenth choice for DC. Move on.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 05:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jack Del Rio - DC

Jay Gruden - OC

Ron Rivera (or Mike McCarthy) - HC

Bill Callahan - OL  (keep Brian around as whatever to appease his dad)

Simmons - ST

A guy can dream...

Dream is right.....regardless of what happens with Lou and Turner we aren't getting Del Rio or Gruden. We could have had Del Rio last year but passed.  And Gruden is likely to get another HC job but if not that ship sailed already

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't think there's any going back to JDR. That courtship was very public, and I think this organization is too proud to let itself be perceived as "crawling back" to someone they turned down.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 01:15 AM)J24 Wrote: The guy that needs to go is Duke and for God sakes sign some good players.

Your getting warmer
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: If this team decides to stick with Opie as the head coach, the team needs to at least fire both Jim Turner and Lou Anarumo and find an established defensive coordinator and an established offensive line coach and bring in an offensive coordinator.

If Zac stays Lou has to go for sure and yeah Taylor needs to get an OC to take over the plays.

Turner actually did a decent job as the season went on with what he had, got much better in run blocking.

Hopkins also improved into a good Center under Turner. Have to give Turner some cred.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 01:57 AM)J24 Wrote: Actually think both Turner and Lou have turn there units around outside of the Miami game. It will be interesting to see if Duke and the rest of the dumbasses in the front office sign any good players in free agency.
The roster is God awful in some spots and has very little depth in others. The only positions where we are deep at are Nose Tackle, RB, and Safety for next season. We need more playmakers on the roster. Coaching isn't the problem.

We've lined up in the shotgun on 4th and 1, and you don't think coaching is a problem?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 06:25 PM)jason Wrote: We've lined up in the shotgun on 4th and 1, and you don't think coaching is a problem?

No I don't think coaching is the major problem.
J24

Reply/Quote
At this point, i'm ready to give Simmons a shot. If he can have success with what M. Brown offers, then he may be one of few coaches anywhere that can work and compatible with M. Brown's infamous ways.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see them bring Bill Callahan in as an Senior offensive assistant kinda like Mark Duffner holds for them now on defense...

If they do switch defensive coordinators I would like to try for Aaron Glenn again. He's that next up and coming defensive coach with playing, GM, scout, and coaching experience under his belt.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 12:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't think there's any going back to JDR.  That courtship was very public, and I think this organization is too proud to let itself be perceived as "crawling back" to someone they turned down.

Yeah, I think people need to give up on the idea of Del Rio, even though I know fans seem to be enamored with him. It was reported that neither Taylor or Del Rio thought it was a fit after their phone conversation. Plus, it's not like Del Rio is a hot commodity these days. Since being fired in Oakland, I think only the Bengals and Giants have shown even a lukewarm interest .
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 01:57 AM)J24 Wrote: Actually think both Turner and Lou have turn there units around outside of the Miami game. It will be interesting to see if Duke and the rest of the dumbasses in the front office sign any good players in free agency.
The roster is God awful  in some spots and has very little depth in others. The only positions where we are deep at are Nose Tackle, RB, and Safety for next season. We need more playmakers on the roster. Coaching isn't the problem.

If we were 6-10 again I'd be a an easier time blaming either the coaches or the player's or the FO.  We are looking at going 1-15 and having our worst season ever despite being very bad for a long time...thus it's quite likely we are bad on all sides. 

We were 6-10 and replaced all the coaches and went 1-15 or 2-14.  It's hard to just accept that the new coaching staff isn't chiefly responsible and that we have coaches that are as good or better but the roster just turned to instant 0-16 coincidentally. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 03:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If we were 6-10 again I'd be a an easier time blaming either the coaches or the player's or the FO.  We are looking at going 1-15 and having our worst season ever despite being very bad for a long time...thus it's quite likely we are bad on all sides. 

We were 6-10 and replaced all the coaches and went 1-15 or 2-14.  It's hard to just accept that the new coaching staff isn't chiefly responsible and that we have coaches that are as good or better but the roster just turned to instant 0-16 coincidentally. 

Yeah, coaching IS the problem along with not enough talent at certain positions.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 04:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, coaching IS the problem along with not enough talent at certain positions.

This for sure. We need to make some changes in both areas to get playoff better.
Reply/Quote