Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anarumo tells lawson to not use all of his pass rush moves
He didn't want Lawson upstaging Dunlap. It's obvious that Dunlap has a fragile nature.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean... sure I get the concern in the way it is worded, but Lawson looked like a more complete defensive end this season instead of just a straight ears back rusher.

He set the edge better against more mobile QBs and is that due to not using certain moves that could be exploited?

His best game was clearly the upset of Pitt as the article talks about he just ignored the coaches and did his own thing, but that was also in a situation with a broken old QB that isn't mobile and when up 3 scores and no running game. That is the exact situation where you just go after the QB every snap with anything you have.

I think Lou sucks, but I really don't know if this is as big of a deal as we are making out of it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Micromanaging arguably the teams best pass rusher is the least of Lou's concerns. He needs to figure out a way to stop the run. I'm pretty disheartened about having to go into next season with him as a liability.

Anywho, Lawson is the least of his worries. Toughen up your FN LBs!!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 04:22 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Micromanaging arguably the teams best pass rusher is the least of Lou's concerns. He needs to figure out a way to stop the run. I'm pretty disheartened about having to go into next season with him as a liability.

Anywho, Lawson is the least of his worries. Toughen up your FN LBs!!

having all the DTs not be on IR will help i think against the run.    Luo (or someone not sure who made that call)at the very least recognized DL was the weak spot and got a new coach there.
Reply/Quote
This doesn’t really bother me at all. When our defense was at its best we pass rushed as a team under Marv to contain the QB. No problem with this in my eyes. Like another poster said, he could potentially break out these special moves in a key situation where we need a big play (as long as he had backup protecting the gap he is leaving exposed).
Reply/Quote
We need more pressure up the middle. Hope to see Reader play a healthy season next year. If Atkins is healthy next year, who knows what he has left to give next to Reader. Investing in a young interior Dlineman wouldn’t hurt either.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 04:30 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: We need more pressure up the middle. Hope to see Reader play a healthy season next year. If Atkins is healthy next year, who knows what he has left to give next to Reader. Investing in a young interior Dlineman wouldn’t hurt either.

They need to cut Geno. We can’t gamble on another season of getting literally no production for top end money like we just had with him and AJ. Cutting him saves us like 9 million dollars. That can be used a lot more effectively than on a DT who will be 33 next month, and hasn’t had a dominant season in 2 years.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 11:15 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Love Ace; he's a good guy and he provides great insight.

This is clearly a hitpiece, on the level of tabloid shit; it may be completely true, but the article literally says, "an 'outisde' source told Boog, who told me."

Come on.

And, as mentioned, there may have been a reasoning that ISN'T a negative one or something may have been taken completely out of context.

It's Cincy Jungle.....what do you expect?  It's little more than an opinionated blog, which thinks it's an actual news site.

CJ = trash
Reply/Quote
Charles Barkley always says "you only need one or two moves in the post to be effective". Maybe pass rush is very similar to that.

I honestly can't see a coach trying to screw over a player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 10:38 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: There's more coming out about Lou that shows he's not well deemed by the players. THat's not a good sign.

Like what?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 01:11 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Like what?

Posts based on nothing but wish in JN. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 01:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Posts based on nothing but wish in JN. 
Exactly! But I already knew the answer before I asked.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 07:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Charles Barkley always says "you only need one or two moves in the post to be effective". Maybe pass rush is very similar to that.

I honestly can't see a coach trying to screw over a player.

It might have been said already but that's what I was thinking.

He might be saying to Lawson "you're getting too cute......  just go get the quarterback!"  

Maybe Lou looked at film and said "you're getting to the quarterback when ups do these moves but not so much when you do these."  The counter to that could also be maybe the reason the one moves work so well is because the blockers have to position themselves to be able to block the ones that don't work so well or those moves would work better.

Also, it might have been hurting the defense in terms of the play being called, like if a backer was blitzing from the outside but coming under Lawson and Lawson was doing a spin move, he might run into the backer or throw off the blitz in another way.
Reply/Quote
I guess that I'm in the minority that thinks that their pass rush was better than their coverage. I don't remember seeing a lot of plays where the QB just stood there waiting for a receiver getting open but I remember lots of plays where the ball was out quickly and not because they were afraid of the pass rush. More like their QB's first or second option had a large cushion on third and four.

TE coverage was still a problem but not like it was in recent years but WR coverage was pretty poor.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 01:11 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Like what?

bad communication. 
Reply/Quote
....and according to talking heads, Arians and Brady were feuding...lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 04:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and according to talking heads, Arians and Brady were feuding...lol

Arains knows brady plays better angry.....   So he did what any good coach would do...  

Talked smack about bradys mom lol
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 05:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Arains knows brady plays better angry.....   So he did what any good coach would do...  

Talked smack about bradys mom lol

I heard he told him only weirdos kiss their kids on the mouth...

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 09:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Context? Article? Quote? Anything?

"I told Carl not to use all his moves because I wasn't sure if he would be on the next Dancing With The Stars"

-Lou A.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 10:55 PM)GodFather Wrote: "I told Carl not to use all his moves because I wasn't sure if he would be on the next Dancing With The Stars"

-Lou A.

"I told Carl not to use all his moves because my genius is what is going to make this defense great".

-Lou A. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote