Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anarumo the Messenger
https://www.bengals.com/news/anarumo-a-perfect-messenger-for-bengals-d

It looks like Zac hired Anarumo due to his energy, communication skills and getting the most out of his players. Zac wanted someone who would carry his message to the defense. We wanted change and we got it. It'll be interesting how the rest of the defensive staff is filled out. Most good coaches will already have jobs.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
That sounds better than we actually hired him because he was the only guy we were allowed to interview and I knew him from Miami!!!
Reply/Quote
Sounds like ZT has a plan after all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sounds like ZT has a plan after all.

I'm sure he had/has a plan. But the plan clearly went awry. Say what you will about Captain Lou, but he was definitely not part of "the plan" until a bunch of other options fell by the wayside. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Don't worry, guys, I'm sure you all know this guy way better than ZT does.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sounds like ZT has a plan after all.

IF there was a plan, this guy would have been in the original Top 3 for interview.

It's not like the Bengals.com website would ever spin something is it?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:35 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Don't worry, guys, I'm sure you all know this guy way better than ZT does.

Step away from the red herring. Lots of sodium and they give you bad breath. 

Reply/Quote
The article is basically "Taylor hired his friend and about the 10th best option."

That’s why on Thursday Taylor tapped for his defensive coordinator Giants secondary coach Lou Anarumo, a 30-year coaching veteran with the last seven coming in the defensive backfields of the Giants and Dolphins. Anarumo, 52, is well known to the Bengals and Taylor after serving on the staffs of Vance Joseph and Kevin Coyle, former Bengals secondary coaches that became coordinators in Miami.

Taylor worked with him for four seasons in Miami and when Anarumo replaced Coyle four games into the 2015 season Taylor saw his challenge from the same prism. Taylor was also promoted to coordinator in mid-season that year when he moved from Bill Lazor’s quarterbacks coach to replacing him.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The article is basically "Taylor hired his friend and about the 10th best option."

That’s why on Thursday Taylor tapped for his defensive coordinator Giants secondary coach Lou Anarumo, a 30-year coaching veteran with the last seven coming in the defensive backfields of the Giants and Dolphins. Anarumo, 52, is well known to the Bengals and Taylor after serving on the staffs of Vance Joseph and Kevin Coyle, former Bengals secondary coaches that became coordinators in Miami.

Taylor worked with him for four seasons in Miami and when Anarumo replaced Coyle four games into the 2015 season Taylor saw his challenge from the same prism. Taylor was also promoted to coordinator in mid-season that year when he moved from Bill Lazor’s quarterbacks coach to replacing him.

You left out the part where it said he would run the 4-3. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
His resume doesn't jump off the page at you but it also doesn't scream bum either. I have seen well respected said about him multiple times, for what that's worth.

He may soar, he may crash and burn. Most likely, it'll be somewhere in between. Time will tell.

Marvin was supposed to be a LB whisperer and it turned out he couldn't coach up a LB with a gun to his head. LB ended up being our worst overall position group his entire time here.

The past can predict the future but it isn't always right.

Different situations, different circumstances, sometimes you end up with different results. Sometimes a guy doesn't really shine until he gets just the right situation. Here's hoping this is his ideal situation.

The HC has a lot to say about how a coordinator coaches. Ask Bill Lazor.

Back to time will tell--the picture will start to form with free agency and the draft, i.e., what players are targeted and ultimately signed, what players, what kind of players, are drafted. Patterns will emerge.

But the bottom line is, as much as we want to know right now, we just won't.

I'm sure absolutely none of us are hoping he'll fail. Expecting him to fail is probably premature.

But the most salient point I've seen made here is that if the LB situation isn't fixed, God himself would struggle coaching our D. If we do fix that, the rest of our defense, which is definitely not without assets, will look a whole lot better.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm sure he had/has a plan. But the plan clearly went awry. Say what you will about Captain Lou, but he was definitely not part of "the plan" until a bunch of other options fell by the wayside. 

Since you werent in the meeting room, nor do you have direct access to Taylor, you have no idea what the plan was.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:38 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Step away from the red herring. Lots of sodium and they give you bad breath. 

And you would have hired who instead? For someone that's so sure that Lou is the worst possible hire for the position, you have yet to answer such a basic question...
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: Since you werent in the meeting room, nor do you have direct access to Taylor, you have no idea what the plan was.

I don't think it's a long shot to say that the plan was "let's go chase some guys we might not have much of a chance of getting, just in case, but then we'll look at X, Y, and Z if those don't work out".

Lou was X, Y, or Z.
Reply/Quote
RamGalFiners Gonna surprise people this year
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:06 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I don't think it's a long shot to say that the plan was "let's go chase some guys we might not have much of a chance of getting, just in case, but then we'll look at X, Y, and Z if those don't work out".

Lou was X, Y, or Z.

Hopefully, we're here this time next year saying... 'Damn, Captain Lou was a great choice!' 
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:06 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I don't think it's a long shot to say that the plan was "let's go chase some guys we might not have much of a chance of getting, just in case, but then we'll look at X, Y, and Z if those don't work out".

Lou was X, Y, or Z.

About this, I will say...if you don't at least ask, you'll never know and always wonder what if.  It might be called a rather bold approach.

My crazy bold prediction based on no more than my own gut feeling--in a few years, after Zac's assistants start getting plucked for HC jobs, it will be a lot easier to find replacements.

(And how weird is it that the Zac Taylor tree has an intersection with the Marvin tree)?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:02 PM)NKURyan Wrote: And you would have hired who instead? For someone that's so sure that Lou is the worst possible hire for the position, you have yet to answer such a basic question...

I'm not answering the question because the question is ridiculous.

For starters, the lack of available (perceived) alternatives does not make this hire any better. I'm not sure why you're clinging to that, but it does show you're pretty close to falling off a cliff.

Secondly, whom I would have hired is unbelievably irrelevant. We cannot effect any change or influence. We can either like the hires or dislike them. But since you asked, in this fantasy realm in which I have input, I'd have hired Rex Ryan. But I make Belichick tell me no first. 

Reply/Quote
Three months ago many of you were whining about change.... here it is and you still whine...let’s wait until they play a few games before crucifying Taylor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm not answering the question because the question is ridiculous.

For starters, the lack of available (perceived) alternatives does not make this hire any better. I'm not sure why you're clinging to that, but it does show you're pretty close to falling off a cliff.

Secondly, whom I would have hired is unbelievably irrelevant. We cannot effect any change or influence. We can either like the hires or dislike them. But since you asked, in this fantasy realm in which I have input, I'd have hired Rex Ryan. But I make Belichick tell me no first. 

:tinyfiddle:
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm not answering the question because the question is ridiculous.

So then you were just going to be impossible to please no matter what. Gotcha.

They had to hire someone. Judging from the lack of any immediate suggestions as to who would have been a better hire, it certainly seems like they made (at worst) a decent decision. You want to fault them for that with no real suggestion for what they could have done better, go for it. You do you.
Reply/Quote