Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anarumo the Messenger
(02-22-2019, 10:40 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Not in this draft.  I dont think any will be worth #11 pick this year.  There is gonna be better players on the board at multiple need positions for us.  In any draft I wouldent mind taking dbs high with the way the league is you cant have enough.  Just not this year based on whats likely to be available.

Greedy Williams is in many "experts" top-10 lists. 

That said, I think the Bengals have to draft a LB or DL unless Jonah Williams falls to them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 07:18 PM)NKURyan Wrote: It should definitely be good for William Jackson and Jessie Bates!

True that, Lou will have a couple very talented young players to work with in the Secondary. Think both Will Jax and Bates could be top players at their respective positions in the NFL if coached up and used correctly. I mean Bates played like a top Safety as a rookie in Austin and Marv's Defenses.

(02-23-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He should be able to help our DB's and William Jackson in particular.

I think one thing that's hard to do though is extrapolate how a guy will make the jump from a position coach to a DC. He has good energy which I think is a plus for getting guys fired up. Really hard to say what type of game he will call. We know he's aggressive which I think the board will like.

That said, the biggest factor that will determine his success or failure is if we add 2 quality LB's.

I am liking all of this and you are correct as we all know, 2 quality starting Linebackers need to be added for Lou to have a chance and especially a good Linebacker coach. Very interested in who the new LB coach will be...
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 02:58 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Greedy Williams is in many "experts" top-10 lists. 

That said, I think the Bengals have to draft a LB or DL unless Jonah Williams falls to them. 

Or...offensive line.

I don't think DL is a big need at all.
Reply/Quote