Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anarumo
I don't know if it's so much the defense has vastly improved, more so than the offense's were playing are vastly worse.

The Raiders are ranked 14th in yards and 22nd in points.

The Steelers are 28 in yards, 28th in passing yards, 25th in rushing yards and points.

The Jets coming into today were 31st in yards, 31st passing yards and rushing yards and 27th in points.

If were being honest the two weakest teams on our schedule this year were the Jets and Dolphins from a pure overall talent standpoint.

The Browns are a middle of the road offense, that are hit and miss from week to week. The Dolphins are as bad as the Jets and the Patriots are pretty much Brady or bust as far as the talent on that offense goes.

I'd suspect our defense will continue to climb the rest of this season, sometimes that's all it takes for the players to buy into the system though.

Still you can only play the team's on your schedule and they have still made improvements regardless.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:18 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: We played the Jets period. He is still awful. Zac is even worse and our team has about 5-6 good players and that's it. Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days. I want real gold not pyrite. They are who we thought they were. This was a fluke.

This...

I'm still seeing DEs back in coverage on the regular... The Jets are really bad. It's a wonder they've won 4 games because they are just as poorly coached as we are. They draft even worse than we have lately... They had 100 million in cap space last year because they had no one to re-sign.

The Bangals showed some professional pride, and rallied around a guy who never should've been benched. Lou can kick rocks like every coach not named Simmons at season's end.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 12:33 AM)jason Wrote: This...

I'm still seeing DEs back in coverage on the regular... The Jets are really bad. It's a wonder they've won 4 games because  they are just as poorly coached as we are. They draft even worse than we have lately... They had 100 million in cap space last year because they had no one to re-sign.

The Bangals showed some professional pride, and rallied around a guy who never should've been benched. Lou can kick rocks like every coach not named Simmons at season's end.

Me and you get that...but the Bengals will see some wins as improvement.

They drop Hubbard into coverage where he just looks stiff and immobile. As a pass rusher, Hubbard is great. He shouldn't be in coverage.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:18 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days. 

Rolleyes

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 12:33 AM)jason Wrote: The Jets are really bad. It's a wonder they've won 4 games because  they are just as poorly coached as we are. They draft even worse than we have lately... They had 100 million in cap space last year because they had no one to re-sign.

They spent big money in free agency, the sort of deals that the Bengals are routinely criticized for not making.  Yet, their team has been decimated by injuries, and they've not gotten the return on free agency investment that they were hoping for.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:19 PM)Trademark Wrote: Gotta give some props to him. The defense has vastly improved since getting blown out by the Ravens

Agreed.  I hope someone can share the PFF rankings.  It appears in the limited amount I watches yesterday that the LBs were closer to the LOS and run-blitzing quite a bit.  File under DUH as they sure as hell can't cover and they have been gashed in the run game all season.  
Reply/Quote
We cut the boat anchor Preston Brown and we are suddenly better
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Our 3rd round pick does seem to be developing some.  If they were to draft a fast, smart LB to pair with him, we might be able to be speaking of the LB group as a strength by this time next year.  Obviously, guys like Simmons and Murray will likely go in the 1st round, but a guy like Dylan Moses might be the guy with the 33 pick.  I guess it all depends on how well he recovers from the ACL and performs at his Pro Day/Combine, but that 4.46 speed and quick diagnosis of plays would fit really nicely with this team.  We haven't had a guy like that, since Takeo Spikes.

A Linebacker that very few talk about I like a lot is Moses but another is Landman.  That kid is going to be good.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The offensive rankings on the Jets don't tell the whole story. You can't forget that Luke Falk was under center a few games when Darnold had mono, and the 2nd stringer was out too. Over the last 3 weeks or so, their offense had improved quite a bit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
And the bounce begins
Reply/Quote
We need LB's get him some LB's. I'm 100% positive Lou doesn't want the LB's he currently has
Reply/Quote