Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fequally F.B! Treat Anti-Israel protestors same as Jan. 6 mob?
Columbia issues statement after anti-Israel mob takes over dean's building

We will see very soon if our system of justice shows more sign or corruption by giving Democratic protesters around the country the same treatment as those who protested Jan. 6. The F.B.I. jailed someone for 20 years who was not at the capitol building.

Will they investigate and fund the funding for these illegal anti-sematic protests.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 11:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Columbia issues statement after anti-Israel mob takes over dean's building

We will see very soon if our system of justice shows more sign or corruption by giving Democratic protesters around the country the same treatment as those who protested Jan. 6. The F.B.I. jailed someone for 20 years who was not at the capitol building.

Will they investigate and fund the funding for these illegal anti-sematic protests.

Anyone vandalizing or being violent should be treated the same no matter what their cause.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Why are like 90% of them wearing masks?
Reply/Quote
If they commit crimes charge them. There are differences though...Jan 6 took place on public property intending to prevent the certification of the presidential election thus interfering with the official function of Congress. Columbia is a private organization...there is no attempt to overthrow to interfere with the function of the federal government

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 12:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Why are like 90% of them wearing masks?

Maybe it's the Feds?!?!  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 11:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Columbia issues statement after anti-Israel mob takes over dean's building

1. A college dean's building is not the Federal Capitol Building. Trespassing at a Wendy's and trespassing at a Nuclear Power Plant aren't the same either.

2. I am pretty sure the FBI can't "jail someone for 20 years". They aren't judges.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume this topic exists because Trump compared the situations.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 02:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe it's the Feds?!?!  Ninja

Na. Why are they all wearing masks?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume this topic exists because Trump compared the situations.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952o0t7sv4nej10zb7r35...y.gif&ct=g]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume this topic exists because Trump compared the situations.

If he did, I did not see or hear it.

This thread is about fairness. I would argue the people behind these NATIONWIDE PROTESTS ARE MORE GUILTY THAN THE GUY CHARGED AND SENTENCED TO 20 YEARS IN PRISON, A PERSON NOT AT THE CAPITAL BUILDING.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 02:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1. A college dean's building is not the Federal Capitol Building. Trespassing at a Wendy's and trespassing at a Nuclear Power Plant aren't the same either.

2. I am pretty sure the FBI can't "jail someone for 20 years". They aren't judges.

Why? A judge with no jury prosecuted Trump with a massive fine.

The F.B.I. made the arrest, they should devoting the same man hours to find the money behind these nationwide protests.

The capital building was a few hours and no violence inside the capital building nor charges of insurrection. 

These protests have gone on know all over the country for over a week and counting. 

Why do the escape prosecution? NY DA Bragg says no one is above the law, but once again allows Democrats to break the law without consequence. 

The arrests are bogus, no charges and no court dates. These people never spend a minute in jail. Yet, conservatives were treated much differently who were involved in Jan. 6th mostly peaceful protest. 

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 03:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If he did, I did not see or hear it.

I won't rule out coincidences but these articles from today have Trump being quoted touching on the same stuff you are, immajustsayin'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/04/30/trump-campus-protesters-jan-6-attack/

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4632702-donald-trump-columbia-university-protestors-jan-6-rioters-comparison/

“I mean, they took over — I know the building very well. They took over a building, that is a big deal,” the former president continued. “And I wonder if what’s going to happen to them will be anything comparable to what happened to J6, because they’re doing a lot of destruction, a lot of damages, a lot of people getting hurt very badly.”

“I wonder if that’s going to be the same kind of treatment they gave J6,” he added, referring to the Jan. 6 rioters. “Let’s see how that all works out. I think I can give you the answer right now. And that’s why people have lost faith in our court system.”
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 03:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This thread is about fairness. I would argue the people behind these NATIONWIDE PROTESTS ARE MORE GUILTY THAN THE GUY CHARGED AND SENTENCED TO 20 YEARS IN PRISON, A PERSON NOT AT THE CAPITAL BUILDING.

Meh, maybe I was brought up in a more strict and old-school manner than most, but ever since I was a kid I was raised on an unhealthy died of "quit bitching, life isn't fair."  All my life I've known that if you break the law you are putting your destiny in the hands of someone else, you never know what a judge or a jury or a police officer is going to do.  You yield control to "the state" when you break the law. 

You've got to be older than I am.  You saw Ted Kennedy get nothing for killing someone while people in this country have their lives ruined for smoking weed.  This is what irks me about the whole Trump timeline...all these things that have happened our entire lives happen to Trump (or in this case his fanbase that he has flip flopped on whether they are thugs or patriots) and it keeps getting presented like it's a brand new idea.

You ever notice you don't have to worry about getting a fair trial if you don't break the law?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 02:56 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Na. Why are they all wearing masks?

He won't answer, shallow quippery and memes is the extent of his grasp.  We all know why they're wearing masks, but he'll never admit it.

Reply/Quote

There are no direct parallels between Jan 6th and these protests.  You're only doing their work for them with these kind of analogies. 

Reply/Quote
ALL protestors that break the law and/or rules should be punished based on what they did. This includes Jan 6rs, race rioters/looters, and ones recently breaking rules/laws on campuses.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 03:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: ALL protestors that break the law and/or rules should be punished based on what they did. This includes Jan 6rs, race rioters/looters, and ones recently breaking rules/laws on campuses.

Agreed and interestingly, once expelled, they are no longer students and thus officially trespassers, which has more serious implications.

But I agree 100%.  You do the crime, you should do the time.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 03:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: ALL protestors that break the law and/or rules should be punished based on what they did. This includes Jan 6rs, race rioters/looters, and ones recently breaking rules/laws on campuses.

(05-02-2024, 03:54 PM)Stewy Wrote: Agreed and interestingly, once expelled, they are no longer students and thus officially trespassers, which has more serious implications.

But I agree 100%.  You do the crime, you should do the time.

I completely agree.  Unfortunately, such arrests often not allowed to occur.  Even when they are, such as at UT, a "progressive" DA can subsequently decide to file zero charges.  If you actually had follow through and accountability for illegal actions at protests you'd ultimately get much more peaceful, and IMO, impactful protests. 

Plus covering your face at a protest has got to go.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 05:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There are no direct parallels between Jan 6th and these protests.  You're only doing their work for them with these kind of analogies. 

I disagree. This runs deeper. This is a beginning of executing death to America. Did you see wha the NYC police found inside the building taken over by the mob. They found death to America posters.

Everyone better wake up and see the US is in danger from being taken over by teerrorists with an assist from young college students who have been brain washed ny professors America is bad. Students saying they are Hamas are not lying, Hamas is here and our F.B.I. Needs to ne as involved in these protests as they were in Jan. 6.

I would argue this is far worse than Jan.6.

Reply/Quote

I'm not sure prosecuting a mob that broke into the Capitol, assaulted hundreds of police officers with clubs and bear spray, and desecrated our legislature is a "sign of corruption." 

Why are you sure it is? 

As I understand it, Enrique Tarrio got 22 years for his role in planning a seditious conspiracy aimed at overturning a legal election, while not at the Capitol. 

But you don't think that was fair? The DOJ should not be sending a message to future insurrectionists? 

Looks like most of Hamilton hall group will be charged with burglary and criminal mischief and trespassing. Those arrested on the street will be charged
with trespassing and disorderly conduct.  
https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/02/us/columbia-university-protests-arrest-charges/index.html

Doesn't look like anyone will be charged with assaulting police with clubs and bear spray, or seditious conspiracy. Despite "Death to America" posters.

(05-03-2024, 12:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I disagree. This runs deeper. This is a beginning of executing death to America. Did you see wha the NYC police found inside the building taken over by the mob. They found death to America posters.
Everyone better wake up and see the US is in danger from being taken over by teerrorists with an assist from young college students who have been brain washed ny professors America is bad. Students saying they are Hamas are not lying, Hamas is here and our F.B.I. Needs to ne as involved in these protests as they were in Jan. 6.
I would argue this is far worse than Jan.6.

I'm listening, especially if you know more than the professors.

Start with why the take over of a campus building to protest a vicious war and force divestment 
a bigger threat than a President and his party's attempt to invalidate an election to remain in power?

I'm struggling to imagine "pro Hamas" protestors and "terrorists" in control of all three branches of government and our military

--and then "executing death to America." 

Or what do you mean by "taken over"?  I'm not seeing a greater threat here than the return to power of an anti-democratic ex president. 
Reply/Quote