Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And Ringo was his name-o
Any thoughts on Ringo's play yesterday? Was it a fluke or should the Bengals give this guy some more time (seeing as how the rest of the line has played poorly this year)?
Reply/Quote
He definitely caught my attention. I saw #79 making a stuff in the backfield, then I saw Ringo on his jersey, and then I'm thinking "Who the hell is that?". Where did we find him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He definitely caught my attention. I saw #79 making a stuff in the backfield, then I saw Ringo on his jersey, and then I'm thinking "Who the hell is that?". Where did we find him?

Same place we found Washington. Cowboys practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:07 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Same place we found Washington. Cowboys practice squad.

Great, since they weren't using him and all..   LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Looked kinda like Fat Sims.

Hope it's not a fluke.

Billings looked like the unknown scrub instead of Ringo.

Was it a huge coincidence that the D flipped the switch when he was in... we shall see... we shall see... Hmm
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Looked kinda like Fat Sims.

Hope it's not a fluke.

Billings looked like the unknown scrub instead of Ringo.

Was it a huge coincidence that the D flipped the switch when he was in...  we shall see... we shall see...   Hmm

Well, the good news is that we still have 3 games left to play, two of them versus Divisional opponents.  We will soon learn if Ringo is the real deal, or was a one game wonder. (or just a product of the phenomenon I like to refer to as "fresh legs syndrome")

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ringo looked like the best interior d-line on the team in spurts...it was an odd sight to see. It'll be interesting to see what comes of Ringo, Washington, and Scott going forward.  Speaking of Scott, he had an impact play or two but was immediately pulled. The guy is listed at 280 but looked like he was 350 on TV. There's definitely some Twilight Zone sort of stuff going on with this team's new DTs...
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He definitely caught my attention.  I saw #79 making a stuff in the backfield, then I saw Ringo on his jersey, and then I'm thinking "Who the hell is that?".  Where did we find him?

He was here briefly last year too.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 09:19 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Ringo looked like the best interior d-line on the team in spurts...it was an odd sight to see. It'll be interesting to see what comes of Ringo, Washington, and Scott going forward.  Speaking of Scott, he had an impact play or two but was immediately pulled. The guy is listed at 280 but looked like he was 350 on TV. There's definitely some Twilight Zone sort of stuff going on with this team's new DTs...

I hope Glasgow recovers.  He looked pretty promising going into the season as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He definitely caught my attention. I saw #79 making a stuff in the backfield, then I saw Ringo on his jersey, and then I'm thinking "Who the hell is that?". Where did we find him?

LOL I said the same thing (well more of an excited Joe Pesci version from Goodfella’s - WTFG)? Looked like a semi, but had speed and aggressiveness. Liked what I seen.

Reply/Quote
Great. I know this team too well. He will flash for a the last three weeks, then we will hear the hype from Hobson and then beat writers that he is tearing up training camp and can't be blocked. We will start to believe that a rotation with him in it will give us the most fearsome DL in the league. Then after playing sporadically and poorly the first four games of 2019 he will get sent to IR.

They'll sign his replacement off a PS somewhere and he will flash. The whole cycle will continue.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 10:40 PM)Brimey Wrote: Great. I know this team too well. He will flash for a the last three weeks, then we will hear the hype from Hobson and then beat writers that he is tearing up training camp and can't be blocked. We will start to believe that a rotation with him in it will give us the most fearsome DL in the league. Then after playing sporadically and poorly the first four games of 2019 he will get sent to IR.

They'll sign his replacement off a PS somewhere and he will flash. The whole cycle will continue.

I was at the game and this guy was busting up plays....funny cuz no Atkins sitings ...only Mr. Ringo "Starr for a day"
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 11:30 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I was at the game and this guy was busting up plays....funny cuz no Atkins sitings ...only Mr. Ringo "Starr for a day"

what is going on with Geno??  his snap count seemed much lower vs chargers but still had no impact when he was in there

Ringo made some great plays..lets see if he backs it up the rest of the way
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 09:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was here briefly last year too.

Was not aware of that.....he looked pretty good out there, but could just be "fresh legs syndrome" as Sunset says.  He had some stuffs, and wasn't he in on a sack?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I wonder what the team will do next year for that 4th DT spot.
Obviously, the starters will be Billings and Atkins. Glasgow very likely is the 3rd DT.
For that final DT, you have a collection of guys between rookie Andrew Brown (was on PS and now injured) and two off-the-street guys in Adolphus Washington and Christian Ringo.
I wonder if the Bengals try to draft another DT too given this upcoming draft looks very good for DTs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He definitely caught my attention.  I saw #79 making a stuff in the backfield, then I saw Ringo on his jersey, and then I'm thinking "Who the hell is that?".  Where did we find him?

I did too, between him and Scott! 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 12:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals try to draft another DT too given this upcoming draft looks very good for DTs.

It does. Top ten pick brings a whole new range of players into it regardless.  I would even consider a DE like Clelin Ferrell.
Reply/Quote
He flashed very bright ! Let's hope it wasn't just a flash in the pan, we need Dline help for sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 12:18 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It does. Top ten pick brings a whole new range of players into it.  I would even consider a DE like Clelin Ferrell.

They just drafted three DEs in the past two years and extended Dunlap. I doubt they go DE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Yeah, my thoughts also, I was wondering where the hell has this guy come from and why is he only playing now.
Didn't realise we had only signed him a few weeks ago
Reply/Quote