Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
And down goes Ross..........
(08-21-2019, 10:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With guys that have actually produced in the NFL like Eifert, Mixon, Gio, Geno, and WJ3 - Absolutely.

Ross has struggled to learn the offense in years pass and supposedly looked bad in minicamp.

Akili Smith was known for basically the same thing as Ross, except he threw the ball instead of catching it.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 09:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: New coaching staff and system. Everybody on the team is on equal footing as far as time learning a new system from a new head coach, OC, and DC. I see what you are saying. But someone with an injury history like Ross probably shouldn't be pushed to his limits in the preseason. I read something the other day that said Ross said he could practice but is just waiting for the green light from coaches. 

Bubble wrap! That speed is worthless if he isn't even on the field. 

Yeah, well Mixon can get it done and if our coach couldn't see that from watching film then he'll be an ex-coach soon enough. I think he knows full well that Mixon, Gio, Geno, Green and even Eifert are pros at their craft. They do not need endless practice.

Everyone isn't on equal footing after the coaches watched last season's games I assure you. Some guys understand the game very well and a new system is just a variation of the systems they already know. It's no biggy to them. Some guys, on the other hand, never quite get their wits around it, even with tons of practice reps. Malik Jefferson seems to be one of those guys who is a few dimes short of a quarter when it comes to football IQ.

So true on the bubble wrap, but who's got him in that wrap? Him or the coach? We don't really know. I find it hard to imagine that ZT thinks Ross has his stuff together enough that he doesn't need practice. I didn't know coaches were the ones that gave the green light to coming off the rehab field.

ADDITION
Now one possibility that I just thought of is that the coaches know they aren't going to cut Ross so they may want to see who's going to step up for AJ for the first week or two of the season.

Another possibility is that the team is in trade talks and part of that deal is that Ross is sidelined.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He ran a 4.22 40 and then got injured n didn’t finish the combine. Was injured in college quiet a bit most fans hated the pick and so far they’ve been proven right. After another offseason of being injured I have no problem moving on from this bust and keeping Willis, Tate n company.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 08:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Another 4.3 guy with great speed who could not stay healthy.

Off topic, just looking at your sig...how much do club seat season tickets cost?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm well beyond the point of worrying about whether Ross will be some big impactful player or not. If he does, great, but in no way do I realistically expect it anymore. I more or less expect him to hang out long enough to finish out his initial rookie contract and MAYBE, big maybe there, sign another year at most as a prove it deal. If he develops from there then it's all gravy. I VERY seriously doubt he'll ever get 1000 yards in a single season, but may just have another with several TDs with few yards and even fewer YACs..
If I'm proven wrong then oh well.. I stopped keeping score on that.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 10:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This board will be filled with Ross apologists up until the point when he is released then they won't talk about him.

The guy basically can't run without pads on and not get hurt.

How dare us Bengal fans root for one of our first round picks to succeed.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 10:58 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Akili Smith was known for basically the same thing as Ross, except he threw the ball instead of catching it.

Akili Smith is the worst QB of the past 20 years (MAYBE Ryan Lindley); Ross wasn't even the worst WR in half a season last year.

Stop with your shitposting.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 12:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Akili Smith is the worst QB of the past 20 years (MAYBE Ryan Lindley); Ross wasn't even the worst WR in half a season last year.

Stop with your shitposting.

So, you are maybe agreeing (there is a chance) with his Akili Smith post?  Tongue
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 11:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Off topic, just looking at your sig...how much do club seat season tickets cost?

They have a range, closer to middle more expensive. Mine were $140 a game (all 10 as pay same for preseason and one reason I left), my seats were between pylon and endline on Bengals sideline. The club section has better food and alcohol choices (I quit drinking) and much better restrooms. It was also nice during extreme cold or rain to warm up or dry out.

He has TV's as well. It is a nice experience, but you pay for it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote