Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
And down goes Ross..........
(07-30-2019, 08:51 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I agree about him lacking confidence. He needs to get out of his head, find his center and play ball. He has all the tools to be a good WR.

I think the entire Bengals squad (offense and defense) lacks confidence.

If someone wants to argue that, I'd definitely take it.

But this team needs some swagger. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 05:27 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: lmao u cant be serious. "he had a grand total of 61 receptions in those first 3 years" actually it was 62 and remember he was a 7th round pick not the 9th overall pick who has 21 at the same spot that ur trying desperatly to defend lol yikes

Houshmazadeh going into his 3rd year was "active" and "played" in 28 games to ross only being "active" for 16 games, while not doing anything. housh also had "62" receptions to ross's 21 lol and had 700 plus yards to ross 221 lol...He had tripled his reception amount and almost nearly quadrupled his receiving yards amount lol couple all that with the fact that housh was drafted in the 7th damn round and we are still sitting around waiting for our soft injury prone 9th overall pick who lacks confidence. housh has never lacked confidence even at oregon state me being a pac 12 guy/pac 10 at the time. he always thought he was better than chad and that attitude wasnt predicated on his production.  housh had atleast showed potential and promise before a hamstring plagued his 3rd season and housh also didnt come into the league with injury concerns where as ross did and ross's injury problems have continue to follow him.  Ross has trade value still becuase of where he was drafted.  i dont see why we should wait around on a wish and prayer in ross when we could probably land a linebacker for him.  let him be someone else's problem.  if u think this kid is gonna be an antonio brown tyreke hill etc your in lala land and u need to share what ur smoking.  trade him and nab a linebacker imo while the value is still there... another piss poor injury plagued year from ross and his stock is in the toilet across the league.

That's pretty much it in a nut shell. Well done.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 05:27 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: lmao u cant be serious. "he had a grand total of 61 receptions in those first 3 years"  actually it was 62 and remember he was a 7th round pick not the 9th overall pick who has 21 at the same spot that ur trying desperatly to defend lol yikes

Houshmazadeh going into his 3rd year was "active" and "played" in 28 games to ross only being "active" for 16 games, while not doing anything. housh also had "62" receptions to ross's 21 lol and had 700 plus yards to ross 221 lol...He had tripled his reception amount and almost nearly quadrupled his receiving yards amount lol couple all that with the fact that housh was drafted in the 7th damn round and we are still sitting around waiting for our soft injury prone 9th overall pick who lacks confidence. housh has never lacked confidence even at oregon state me being a pac 12 guy/pac 10 at the time.  he always thought he was better than chad and that attitude wasnt predicated on his production.  housh had atleast showed potential and promise before a hamstring plagued his 3rd season and housh also didnt come into the league with injury concerns where as ross did and ross's injury problems have continue to follow him.  Ross has trade value still becuase of where he was drafted.  i dont see why we should wait around on a wish and prayer in ross when we could probably land a linebacker for him.  let him be someone else's problem.  if u think this kid is gonna be an antonio brown tyreke hill etc your in lala land and u need to share what ur smoking.  trade him and nab a linebacker imo while the value is still there... another piss poor injury plagued year from ross and his stock is in the toilet across the league.

Yeah exactly. I don't see that Ross has tools WRs need, which are: good hands, good route running, timing with the QB. I have seen him block down field in the running game and get open on short routes, but that's about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Seems like this is precaution and nothing really to worry about.
Anyways at the very least the guy shows an ability to score in the Redzone and we know he has the speed to take the top off the defense.
Was he over drafted yes, will his 5 year option be picked up probably not, and I would not recommend drafting the guy until the end of your fantasy draft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 02:25 PM)3wt Wrote: Total Kitna fan.  Team player supreme and just a smart guy.

Yep, I remember Palmer's voice was breaking when he was talking about Kitna after he signed with the Lions.  He credited him with a lot of his success as well.  
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 05:27 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: lmao u cant be serious. "he had a grand total of 61 receptions in those first 3 years"  actually it was 62 and remember he was a 7th round pick not the 9th overall pick who has 21 at the same spot that ur trying desperatly to defend lol yikes

Houshmazadeh going into his 3rd year was "active" and "played" in 28 games to ross only being "active" for 16 games, while not doing anything. housh also had "62" receptions to ross's 21 lol and had 700 plus yards to ross 221 lol...He had tripled his reception amount and almost nearly quadrupled his receiving yards amount lol couple all that with the fact that housh was drafted in the 7th damn round and we are still sitting around waiting for our soft injury prone 9th overall pick who lacks confidence. housh has never lacked confidence even at oregon state me being a pac 12 guy/pac 10 at the time.  he always thought he was better than chad and that attitude wasnt predicated on his production.  housh had atleast showed potential and promise before a hamstring plagued his 3rd season and housh also didnt come into the league with injury concerns where as ross did and ross's injury problems have continue to follow him.  Ross has trade value still becuase of where he was drafted.  i dont see why we should wait around on a wish and prayer in ross when we could probably land a linebacker for him.  let him be someone else's problem.  if u think this kid is gonna be an antonio brown tyreke hill etc your in lala land and u need to share what ur smoking.  trade him and nab a linebacker imo while the value is still there... another piss poor injury plagued year from ross and his stock is in the toilet across the league.

I'm sorry, but you started this about his (Ross) injuries, right?  He plays "small and soft"?  He can't stay healthy (because he missed most of his rookie season (as did Kirkpatrick, Dennard, WJII, and Jonah Williams...all first rounders) and now because they are holding him out because of a tight hamstring.  

And Housh "showed potential and promise" with 62 receptions in his first two seasons with just one TD?  Give me a break.  All Ross would have to do to equal that production over the first three years is catch a measly 41 balls, and no additional TDs and he would still have 6 more TDs than Housh.

You also state numerous times that your frustration seems to be because Ross was the #9 overall pick and has no production commensurate with that high a selection.  I get it, but look at Jonah this year...not a single snap in a game.  And he was #11 overall.  Injuries happen.  It doesn't mean you give up on the guy.  And just because they are being cautious with a tight hamstring at the very beginning of camp doesn't make him injury prone.  

You can dislike the guy all you want, but your hatred towards him is misplaced.  I think ZT will show that Ross is capable of much more than he was allowed to do last year.   
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 08:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm sorry, but you started this about his (Ross) injuries, right?  He plays "small and soft"?  He can't stay healthy (because he missed most of his rookie season (as did Kirkpatrick, Dennard, WJII, and Jonah Williams...all first rounders) and now because they are holding him out because of a tight hamstring.  

And Housh "showed potential and promise" with 62 receptions in his first two seasons with just one TD?  Give me a break.  All Ross would have to do to equal that production over the first three years is catch a measly 41 balls, and no additional TDs and he would still have 6 more TDs than Housh.

You also state numerous times that your frustration seems to be because Ross was the #9 overall pick and has no production commensurate with that high a selection.  I get it, but look at Jonah this year...not a single snap in a game.  And he was #11 overall.  Injuries happen.  It doesn't mean you give up on the guy.  And just because they are being cautious with a tight hamstring at the very beginning of camp doesn't make him injury prone.  

You can dislike the guy all you want, but your hatred towards him is misplaced.  I think ZT will show that Ross is capable of much more than he was allowed to do last year.   

SMH lol bro just stop.  Your infatuation with him is misplaced. 

This is annoying now.  Ill let someone else try a different angle in explaining why ur wrong on this.  ive spent wayyyy to much time talking about john ross.  it pains me. and now i feel injured. 

Ive provided as much verbal stimuli as i can... its not sticking and if this is the Hill u wanna die on by all means but ill leave u to it cuz ur simply wrong.

P.S Williams jackson in his second season to be worth every bit of his selection being one of the top corners in the league per PFF.  and yes injuries do happen however big difference is that dennard kirkpatrick and jonah didnt have injury plagued college careers to leave cause for concern.  Injuries have still continued to keep our top 10 pick sidelined.  now leave me alone on this.  have someone else explain it.  PLEASE.
Reply/Quote
At this point, Ross is simply a bust. It will be a monumental task to get him to being even an average WR. The odds are against him at this point in time for sure. If we had more depth at the WR spot I suspect he would have been dealt or cut by now, he is being saved by the lack of depth and by the typical Bengal stubborness to not admit a mistake (see: Og/Fisher).

But, lets let the camp play out and see where he stands. Until he proves something though, he is a bust.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 08:36 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: SMH lol bro just stop.  Your infatuation with him is misplaced. 

This is annoying now.  Ill let someone else try a different angle in explaining why ur wrong on this.  ive spent wayyyy to much time talking about john ross.  it pains me. and now i feel injured. 

Ive provided as much verbal stimuli as i can...
Quote:It wasn't very much
its not sticking and if this is the Hill u wanna die on by all means but ill leave u to it cuz ur simply wrong.

P.S Williams jackson in his second season to be worth every bit of his selection being one of the top corners in the league per PFF.  and yes injuries do happen however big difference is that dennard kirkpatrick and jonah didnt have injury plagued college careers to leave cause for concern.  Injuries have still continued to keep our top 10 pick sidelined.  now leave me alone on this.  have someone else explain it.  PLEASE.

Leave you alone?  I am "infatuated" with John Ross because after a rookie season that was injury plagued and he did something stupid to get in to Marvin's dog house (much like Tyler Boyd did in his second season, apparently) and said that the needle was at least pointing upward makes me infatuated?  Hardly.  You act like a tight hamstring and being cautious makes him a complete loss this year.  You have every right to give up on him and whine and cry about what a stupid selection he was at #9 overall.  You do NOT have a right to tell me to do the same.  
Reply/Quote
Not gonna read through four more pages of Ross bashing. There are probably a hundred other pages of the same exact people saying the same exact words for that. It's like a pathological need for a lot of people to get their Ross bashing in on a daily basis. Pretty bizarre, really. No, it's way beyond bizarre. It's downright creepy.

Just wanted to say that he is now day to day.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
So...anyone have any thoughts on this Ross guy?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 10:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So...anyone have any thoughts on this Ross guy?

How could we?  The guy is a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 07:17 PM)McC Wrote: Not gonna read through four more pages of Ross bashing.  There are probably a hundred other pages of the same exact people saying the same exact words for that.  It's like a pathological need for a lot of people to get their Ross bashing in on a daily basis.  Pretty bizarre, really.   No, it's way beyond bizarre.  It's downright creepy.

Just wanted to say that he is now day to day.

.....at least Dalton's getting a little break....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
No Bengal ever deserves any hating on. We are full of pro bowlers at every position. All rookies were great picks if it wasn’t for Marvin n the refs we be 16-0 !!!
Reply/Quote
I think some guys bought a Ross jersey when he was drafted and just can't let go of that mistake. Only think that makes sense, anymore.
Reply/Quote
I hated the Ross pick as much as anyone but I am very curious to see how he does with the new staff. I hope he proves many of us wrong including myself and has a positive impact on this team as a true difference maker like we all hoped he would be. We will just have to wait and see.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 11:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....at least Dalton's getting a little break....lol.

Shhhhh, don't wake the comments!

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 12:17 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I hated the Ross pick as much as anyone but I am very curious to see how he does with the new staff. I hope he proves many of us wrong including myself and has a positive impact on this team as a true difference maker like we all hoped he would be. We will just have to wait and see.

This is the attitude to have.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 09:41 PM)NKURyan Wrote: This is the attitude to have.

Might as well. Nobody is in the right or wrong here. Is he a bust? Could be but he's been injured too often to get his legs under him ( no pun intended). The injuries is the thing that's getting unders most people's skin since he was injured coming out. I get it, and when healthy he seems to lack what it takes. But I'm willing to give him this year to see what he can do. With AJ out, and no Marvin dog house he has a huge opportunity to prove us wrong. Just hope he steps up and makes the most of it. He seems like a good kid, I definitely don't want to see him fail just so I can say I told ya so. I want everyone to be at their best. I just ready for some damn football!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 09:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Might as well. Nobody is in the right or wrong here. Is he a bust? Could be but he's been injured too often to get his legs under him ( no pun intended). The injuries is the thing that's getting unders most people's skin since he was injured coming out. I get it, and when healthy he seems to lack what it takes. But I'm willing to give him this year to see what he can do. With AJ out, and no Marvin dog house he has a huge opportunity to prove us wrong. Just hope he steps up and makes the most of it. He seems like a good kid, I definitely don't want to see him fail just so I can say I told ya so. I want everyone to be at their best. I just ready for some damn football!

I just want to see what he can do under the new offense-oriented coaching staff before I completely pull the plug on the guy. There are plenty of people on these boards who'd say that's ridiculous, but I guess it's easier to expect the worst than to hope for the best. He may never live up to where he was drafted, but man, if he could give the Bengals 600-800 yards this year that'd mean this offense was dangerous even if he was still viewed as a disappointment.
Reply/Quote