Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
And down goes Ross..........
(08-13-2019, 02:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ok, while Hines wasn't a world beater, I'm fairly certain most people in the area know who he is; he had a couple of plays for the Colts in our game against them last year.

But Cohen is an absolute stud, Jack of All Trades guy; EVERYONE know who he is.

AFAIR, he was an all-pro last year, even.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Cohen is a Jack of all Trades.
He's an elite pass-catching RB. However, he's too tiny to handle workhorse duties or a heavy number of runs between the tackles.
The Bears picked up Mike Davis and drafted Montgomery to handle the majority of the rushing attempts and pick up the tough rushing yards.
I love mock drafts!

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wouldn't go as far as to say Cohen is a Jack of all Trades.
He's an elite pass-catching RB. However, he's too tiny to handle workhorse duties or a heavy number of runs between the tackles.
The Bears picked up Mike Davis and drafted Montgomery to handle the majority of the rushing attempts and pick up the tough rushing yards.

Sorry should've elaborated.

he can:

- Run for a great YPC
- Catch the ball and run routes well
- Return like a madman
- Pass block

Yes, he's not a HB1, but he's a better (IMO) version of Sproles/Brian Mitchell/Eric Bienemy/Glyn Milburn/etc.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting stat on Todd Gurley last year.  He was targeted as a receiver 79 times and on a third of then (26) he was lined up as a WR.

Looks like the only RBs with more targets from the WR position were Alvin Kamara, the Colts' Nyheim Hines (who?) and the Bears Tarik Cohen (again who?).

Maybe we will see our RBs motioned out to the WR positions more often.

Boy you must not see many other teams. Cohen is awesome. Thinking about trying to tackle him in open space makes my head spin.
Katie, Taylor and Tobin use Mike Brown's secret free agent search technique.

[Image: 7503900.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 11:19 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Sounds like Ross is “expected” back next week.

[Must be logged in to view this link]

It's now next week. Looks like he's still out.

[Must be logged in to view this link]

Katie, Taylor and Tobin use Mike Brown's secret free agent search technique.

[Image: 7503900.jpg]

Reply/Quote
As someone stated earlier, if Ross contributes, great! If not, whatever, we shouldn't really expect anything at this point.

I have a hard time imagining the kid just wants to roll over, die and disappear, but who knows?
Reply/Quote