Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
And down goes Ross..........
(08-13-2019, 02:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ok, while Hines wasn't a world beater, I'm fairly certain most people in the area know who he is; he had a couple of plays for the Colts in our game against them last year.

But Cohen is an absolute stud, Jack of All Trades guy; EVERYONE know who he is.

AFAIR, he was an all-pro last year, even.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Cohen is a Jack of all Trades.
He's an elite pass-catching RB. However, he's too tiny to handle workhorse duties or a heavy number of runs between the tackles.
The Bears picked up Mike Davis and drafted Montgomery to handle the majority of the rushing attempts and pick up the tough rushing yards.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wouldn't go as far as to say Cohen is a Jack of all Trades.
He's an elite pass-catching RB. However, he's too tiny to handle workhorse duties or a heavy number of runs between the tackles.
The Bears picked up Mike Davis and drafted Montgomery to handle the majority of the rushing attempts and pick up the tough rushing yards.

Sorry should've elaborated.

he can:

- Run for a great YPC
- Catch the ball and run routes well
- Return like a madman
- Pass block

Yes, he's not a HB1, but he's a better (IMO) version of Sproles/Brian Mitchell/Eric Bienemy/Glyn Milburn/etc.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting stat on Todd Gurley last year.  He was targeted as a receiver 79 times and on a third of then (26) he was lined up as a WR.

Looks like the only RBs with more targets from the WR position were Alvin Kamara, the Colts' Nyheim Hines (who?) and the Bears Tarik Cohen (again who?).

Maybe we will see our RBs motioned out to the WR positions more often.

Boy you must not see many other teams. Cohen is awesome. Thinking about trying to tackle him in open space makes my head spin.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 11:19 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Sounds like Ross is “expected” back next week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/223579/john-ross-expected-to-return-to-practice-next-week-bengals.php%3famp

It's now next week. Looks like he's still out.

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-everybody-who-can-go-plays-thursday

Reply/Quote
As someone stated earlier, if Ross contributes, great! If not, whatever, we shouldn't really expect anything at this point.

I have a hard time imagining the kid just wants to roll over, die and disappear, but who knows?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 12:31 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: As someone stated earlier, if Ross contributes, great! If not, whatever, we shouldn't really expect anything at this point.

I have a hard time imagining the kid just wants to roll over, die and disappear, but who knows?

The problem is, last year Green and Boyd were the only WR's that contributed a lot. We need SOMEONE other than them to step up. It makes sense that a former Top 10 pick would.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The problem is, last year Green and Boyd were the only WR's that contributed a lot. We need SOMEONE other than them to step up. It makes sense that a former Top 10 pick would.

I heard he’s so fast that he would make a great decoy.
Reply/Quote
It sure feels like Ross may not have the mental toughness to make it. Fighting for 50/50 balls. Playing through pain. Running the right routes. Learning the playbook.

I just can't see how he could have gotten better yet without practicing.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It sure feels like Ross may not have the mental toughness to make it. Fighting for 50/50 balls. Playing through pain. Running the right routes. Learning the playbook.

I just can't see how he could have gotten better yet without practicing.

You can read the playbook and watch it being executed on the field, but you're ultimately not going to fully grasp it until you get out there and run the routes yourself.

As for fighting for 50/50 balls, that was a weakness coming into the league. Depending on the size of the DB(s) covering him, I don't know if he'll be able to ever win those on a consistent basis. Ross's key skill set is his speed and quickness. He's going to need a QB to hit him in stride for him to truly succeed IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
To make us feel better

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-first-round-pick-kevin-white-released-by-cardinals-which-costs-bears-a-compensatory-pick/

7th overall pick of Bears already gone from 2nd team that gave him a try.

No, I do not want White, just a friendly reminder we are not only team that misses draft picks. He was touted a can't miss prospect.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 07:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: To make us feel better

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-first-round-pick-kevin-white-released-by-cardinals-which-costs-bears-a-compensatory-pick/

7th overall pick of Bears already gone from 2nd team he gave him a try.

No, I do not want White, just a friendly reminder we are not only team that misses draft picks. He was touted a can't miss prospect.

Yeah, White was a gigantic whiff by scouts and draft gurus.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 08:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, White was a gigantic whiff by scouts and draft gurus.

Another 4.3 guy with great speed who could not stay healthy.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think ZT is being smart. He knows getting to the actual games that count with your top notch talent is more important than anything else. He is babying our play makers that need babying. Ross Eifert Mixon Gio Geno WJ3.

I hope we dont see much of the starters tom. Get to the starting line healthy
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 08:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Another 4.3 guy with great speed who could not stay healthy.

Notice that the articles says White is nursing an hamstring injury.

Reply/Quote
Can the Bengals release this bust already ?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 08:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think ZT is being smart. He knows getting to the actual games that count with your top notch talent is more important than anything else. He is babying our play makers that need babying. Ross Eifert Mixon Gio Geno WJ3.

I see what you did there. You compared him to accomplished players, who really do know the playbook and can execute it, as if he were on equal footing with them. Please don't do that anymore. It's like mentioning Jeff Driskel along side Brady, Manning and Brees.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 08:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think ZT is being smart. He knows getting to the actual games that count with your top notch talent is more important than anything else. He is babying our play makers that need babying. Ross Eifert Mixon Gio Geno WJ3.

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 09:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I see what you did there. You compared him to accomplished players, who really do know the playbook and can execute it, as if he were on equal footing with them. Please don't do that anymore. It's like mentioning Jeff Driskel along side Brady, Manning and Brees.

New coaching staff and system. Everybody on the team is on equal footing as far as time learning a new system from a new head coach, OC, and DC. I see what you are saying. But someone with an injury history like Ross probably shouldn't be pushed to his limits in the preseason. I read something the other day that said Ross said he could practice but is just waiting for the green light from coaches. 

Bubble wrap! That speed is worthless if he isn't even on the field. 
Reply/Quote

With guys that have actually produced in the NFL like Eifert, Mixon, Gio, Geno, and WJ3 - Absolutely.

Ross has struggled to learn the offense in years pass and supposedly looked bad in minicamp.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 09:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: New coaching staff and system. Everybody on the team is on equal footing as far as time learning a new system from a new head coach, OC, and DC. I see what you are saying. But someone with an injury history like Ross probably shouldn't be pushed to his limits in the preseason. I read something the other day that said Ross said he could practice but is just waiting for the green light from coaches. 

Bubble wrap! That speed is worthless if he isn't even on the field. 

This board will be filled with Ross apologists up until the point when he is released then they won't talk about him.

The guy basically can't run without pads on and not get hurt.
Reply/Quote