Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And it happened yet again.
Burrow took another hit to the helmet yesterday that was blatant and not called. There was no way the refs did not see it.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow took another hit to the helmet yesterday that was blatant and not called. There was no way the refs did not see it.

I remember seeing the replay and thinking, 'Wait, didn't that guy just hit Burrow in the helmet and isn't that a penalty?"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals need to be saying something publicly... I know they are likely sending the videos to the NFL but this is mal-practice.

Literally every other Elite QB gets that call
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I saw it also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the NFL is trying to go back to more hand fighting with the ball in the air too.

I watched a few games and there were a ton of callls that historically were DPI but they just weren’t called.

I actually like that. The holding calls in our games have been good both ways imo.

The one call they miss tho is roughing the passer and hands to the face. It’s like they aren’t even looking for it in Burrow’s favor.

But in general Iv been very impressed with the frequency of pass interference and holding. Can’t really remember a bad hold call yet
-Housh
Reply/Quote
It certainly is becoming a trend so far which isn't great. Usually, they take good care of their superstar QBs so it's extra odd.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 10:48 AM)Garrus Wrote: It certainly is becoming a trend so far which isn't great. Usually, they take good care of their superstar QBs so it's extra odd.

They just put those personal fouls in their pocket and pull them out and use them when DJ Reader gets a sack.
Reply/Quote
Are you talking about the guy that came over the top at the end of his big first down run?

I remember thinking it was a bit late and questionable but not that bad.

There was a hit later on Purdy as he was giving himself up I was also a bit surprised they didn't throw a flag on so I can't be too mad as they seemed consistent at least.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 10:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They just put those personal fouls in their pocket and pull them out and use them when DJ Reader gets a sack.

Yeah that call was BS
Reply/Quote
did you guys notice with the sack on purdy that was called a personal foul, the ref didnt throw the flag until Purdy was grabbing his head. Which was like 2 seconds after he was taken down.

yea, Idc what you think, it smells fishy. And I just showered

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 11:20 AM)motoarch Wrote: Are you talking about the guy that came over the top at the end of his big first down run?

I remember thinking it was a bit late and questionable but not that bad.

There was a hit later on Purdy as he was giving himself up I was also a bit surprised they didn't throw a flag on so I can't be too mad as they seemed consistent at least.

No, it was a pass play. Joe threw a pass, defender tried blocking the pass and ended up hitting Burrow's helmet with his hand and forearm which also knocked Burrow to the ground.

It wouldn't qualify as a late hit, but the rules do say hitting the QB in the helmet is a no-no which this guy did.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 11:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, it was a pass play. Joe threw a pass, defender tried blocking the pass and ended up hitting Burrow's helmet with his hand and forearm which also knocked Burrow to the ground.

It wouldn't qualify as a late hit, but the rules do say hitting the QB in the helmet is a no-no which this guy did.

Or, in the case, of Josh Allen, it is a roughing the passer call when the defender just touches him lightly on the upper body with his hands and he flops to the ground (Ravens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfQYul_AQ8U) or barely touches him on the upper body as he is passing and he crashes to the ground (Giants: https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2023/10/15/josh-allen-injury-roughing-passer-penalty-bobby-okereke/71200482007/) or gets hit on the shoulder, falls to the ground, and points to his helmet as if a hit to the helmet (Jags: https://www.tiktok.com/@grantspeaks/video/7287654316540792095).

Maybe Burrow needs to embarrass himself and learn to act like Allen and Mahomes do.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 11:31 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: did you guys notice with the sack on purdy that was called a personal foul, the ref didnt throw the flag until Purdy was grabbing his head. Which was like 2 seconds after he was taken down.

yea, Idc what you think, it smells fishy. And I just showered

Yes, and why wasn't he sent to the tent? I thought they had people watching for that. Guy just got out of concussion protocol, bangs his head off the turf, immediately grabs his head, and no one bats an eye.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 01:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, and why wasn't he sent to the tent? I thought they had people watching for that. Guy just got out of concussion protocol, bangs his head off the turf, immediately grabs his head, and no one bats an eye.

Because not even the officials wanted to see Sam Darnold take the field.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow took another hit to the helmet yesterday that was blatant and not called. There was no way the refs did not see it.

This was on the late run up the middle correct?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 11:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, it was a pass play. Joe threw a pass, defender tried blocking the pass and ended up hitting Burrow's helmet with his hand and forearm which also knocked Burrow to the ground.

Oh, didn't see this. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Anybody have the play on YouTube?

We could all put it on Twitter.
Reply/Quote
Taylor/Brown Family should formally complain to the league on this. Demand an explanation. Only way to tell them they all suck without getting fined.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(10-31-2023, 10:14 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I remember seeing the replay and thinking, 'Wait, didn't that guy just hit Burrow in the helmet and isn't that a penalty?"

I saw that too he did it twice blatantly in this game his number was 9 and he had on a Bengals jersey think his name was Burrow... Tongue Tongue Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 10:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They just put those personal fouls in their pocket and pull them out and use them when DJ Reader gets a sack.

I was going to say.  The hit on Joe was blatant QB abuse while Reader's tackle was textbook tackling not going for the knees.   Really poor point of emphasis.

And he has not been getting the calls.   Is it because they see him as too mouthy (I don't see that) or just that he never complains so they can get away with it?
Reply/Quote