Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And it happened yet again.
(10-31-2023, 01:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because not even the officials wanted to see Sam Darnold take the field.  Ninja

LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I watch a lot of sports, and the NFL has always been one of the most confusing when it comes to officiating. It is a tough game to call, there are a LOT of rules and some of them are somewhat subjective. But it's up to the NFL to put a ruleset in place which can be followed consistently. You get too many inconsistencies all the time. The fact holding could probably be called on any given play, and seemingly just gets called randomly, is a bugbear of mine.

The NFL absolutely need to give the Bengals a reason as to why this one wasn't called, or an apology.
Reply/Quote
Hard to complain about the refs after a one penalty game but yeah that was another bad miss when compared to the nonsense they have been throwing flags on. Steelers had a horrendous roughing call against them. Dude literally put his arms on either side to keep from landing on him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I noticed watching a highlight reel that he was sacked and another player jumped on top of him yet no call
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow took another hit to the helmet yesterday that was blatant and not called. There was no way the refs did not see it.

Purdy got hit in the head and facemasked also and no calls... It happens.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 11:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, it was a pass play. Joe threw a pass, defender tried blocking the pass and ended up hitting Burrow's helmet with his hand and forearm which also knocked Burrow to the ground.

It wouldn't qualify as a late hit, but the rules do say hitting the QB in the helmet is a no-no which this guy did.

I believe the play was the last play of the 3rd quarter, on the 3rd and 10 pass to Tee, Joe got hit in the head with a hand. That's the one I saw at least.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow took another hit to the helmet yesterday that was blatant and not called. There was no way the refs did not see it.

Not to mention a few late hits that went “ unnoticed “
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 07:40 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Purdy got hit in the head and facemasked also and no calls... It happens.

He did, and it does. But it seems to happen to Burrow a lot....
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 08:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He did, and it does. But it seems to happen to Burrow a lot....

I agree.... I remember seeing him get hit in the head while running, but he was a runner at that point, so I don't think it's a penalty?
Reply/Quote
I know we're biased and we see nearly every snap the Bengals take vs. just here and there with other teams. However:

It sure seems Joe just doesn't get the flags other QB's do, and I have no explanation as to why? I mean take Cam Newton, never got flags, but the NFL viewed him as a running QB and I think that had a bearing on it.

Joe isn't viewed as a "running QB" though and a lot of his hits occur in the pocket, or very near it. Behing the LOS. Perhaps his kind of "tough guy" persona hurts him?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 09:13 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I agree.... I remember seeing him get hit in the head while running, but he was a runner at that point, so I don't think it's a penalty?

He got hit in the helmet on a pass play as well. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 12:18 PM)Nepa Wrote: Or, in the case, of Josh Allen, it is a roughing the passer call when the defender just touches him lightly on the upper body with his hands and he flops to the ground (Ravens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfQYul_AQ8U) or barely touches him on the upper body as he is passing and he crashes to the ground (Giants: https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2023/10/15/josh-allen-injury-roughing-passer-penalty-bobby-okereke/71200482007/) or gets hit on the shoulder, falls to the ground, and points to his helmet as if a hit to the helmet (Jags: https://www.tiktok.com/@grantspeaks/video/7287654316540792095).

Maybe Burrow needs to embarrass himself and learn to act like Allen and Mahomes do.

He could call up LeBron for some acting lessons.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote