Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
And it's Wait Till Next Year time again...
(02-14-2022, 03:45 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: What I don't understand is yes we need to fix our Oline, but every single AFC competitor will fix their issues also. 
In addition, I don't think the Ravens will have the total injury bug next year and they will have a 4th place schedule which includes playing against five 4th place teams, while we play against five 1st place teams.  

Yup. We will have to fight to make the playoffs much less win the Super Bowl. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously. Look at Lamar’s postseason numbers. They would KILL for what Burrow did during these playoffs. The AFC will run through Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, and Herbert.

You are forgetting Henry[Titans] and Bill B. [Patriots].

P.S. Maybe even Carr? 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:14 AM)thillan Wrote: Painful. Such a tough conference, we had everything go right this year. Everyone just seems to think we will return, but we got Allen, Mahomes, and Lamar to go through. Who knows what the future holds, but dang this team deserved it. Burrow didn’t feel all worldly today though, which is concerning.

Oh well. I’ve lived through plenty of Bengals pain anyways. After this loss, I’ve now felt the bottom. Can only hope we experience being on top just once in my lifetime.
Long road to hoe
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:46 AM)Joelist Wrote: Yup. We will have to fight to make the playoffs much less win the Super Bowl. 

Anyone who thinks we will breeze through the AFC North with our schedule is foolish. 

We have the 31th pick in the draft.

Every team in the league will try to improve their weakness. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:49 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: You are forgetting Henry[Titans] and Bill B. [Patriots].

P.S. Maybe even Carr? 

No I’m not. I was naming the best QB’s in the AFC.

Reply/Quote
Again? This the first wait till next year.

Might be wait another 20. If football even exists
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No I’m not. I was naming the best QB’s in the AFC.

Ok, my bad. Here's my view the AFC will run through BurrowJoeMahomes, Allen, Herbert, Henry[Titans], Bill B.[Patriots] and maybe Carr.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:29 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Ok, my bad. Here's my view the AFC will run through BurrowJoeMahomes, Allen, Herbert, Henry[Titans], Bill B.[Patriots] and maybe Carr.

Titans are not a legit threat in the playoffs until they get a QB. What Belichick can do with Mac Jones we’ll have to wait and see. He’s been one and done in his last 2 playoff appearances though. Carr is good, but not on par with those other guys.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:45 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: What I don't understand is yes we need to fix our Oline, but every single AFC competitor will fix their issues also. 
In addition, I don't think the Ravens will have the total injury bug next year and they will have a 4th place schedule which includes playing against five 4th place teams, while we play against five 1st place teams.  

The key is we must have had less issues (and obviously some luck) to almost win the superbowl. We didn't just make it, we were leading in the 4th and were very close.

It's like saying a guy running a marathon in under 2 hours is at 2 hours 3 minutes and someone else is at 6 hours, and they're going to buy new shoes and beat him. They're not that far away from us but it doesn't take MUCH between winning the superbowl or being totally out of it, each team we beat in the playoffs was by a sliver in the last second.

I think playing in the AFC-N and playing tougher games only prepares them for the Playoffs. I think the Rams saw the AFC-N come out of the Bengals and it just didn't last enough, Burrow dragged that line to a super bowl win would have almost been similar/better than LeBron dragging a bunch of scrubs to the finals, except Burrow has some exceptional teammates right now.

There is luck involved in getting and winning the superbowl, don't let anyone tell you "the bengals got lucky" in a negative connotatoin. Luck is preparation meets opportunity in the general sense, the opportunity was there, the preparation was there, the team as constructed might split 50/50 games if that superbowl was played 10 times.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Titans are not a legit threat in the playoffs until they get a QB. What Belichick can do with Mac Jones we’ll have to wait and see. He’s been one and done in his last 2 playoff appearances though. Carr is good, but not on par with those other guys.

Do you think if Henry did not injure himself and played the full regular season and playoff we would have won?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:39 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Do you think if Henry did not injure himself and played the full regular season and playoff we would have won?

Yes. We’re excellent at stopping the run.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:29 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Again? This the first wait till next year.

Might be wait another 20. If football even exists

Your posts are just really creepy.  You are unwilling to back up any of the strange things you say. You speak in some kind of bizarre code language, refusing(more like unable) to back up any of your claims.  You dishonor the great Isaac Curtis.   Isaac would be creeped out, too.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The key is we must have had less issues (and obviously some luck) to almost win the superbowl. We didn't just make it, we were leading in the 4th and were very close.

It's like saying a guy running a marathon in under 2 hours is at 2 hours 3 minutes and someone else is at 6 hours, and they're going to buy new shoes and beat him. They're not that far away from us but it doesn't take MUCH between winning the superbowl or being totally out of it, each team we beat in the playoffs was by a sliver in the last second.

I think playing in the AFC-N and playing tougher games only prepares them for the Playoffs. I think the Rams saw the AFC-N come out of the Bengals and it just didn't last enough, Burrow dragged that line to a super bowl win would have almost been similar/better than LeBron dragging a bunch of scrubs to the finals, except Burrow has some exceptional teammates right now.

There is luck involved in getting and winning the superbowl, don't let anyone tell you "the bengals got lucky" in a negative connotatoin. Luck is preparation meets opportunity in the general sense, the opportunity was there, the preparation was there, the team as constructed might split 50/50 games if that superbowl was played 10 times.

I am not disagreeing with you. All I am saying is that while we have to rebuild our Oline other teams have their weakness as well and will rebuild their weakness, meanwhile our schedule will be a lot more demanding than theirs. Thus, it is not a foregone conclusion we will be back to the Superbowl annually.  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes. We’re excellent at stopping the run.

I like your optimism. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:52 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I like your optimism. ThumbsUp

It’s pretty hard to run on Reader and Hubbard.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:50 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Your posts are just really creepy.  You are unwilling to back up any of the strange things you say. You speak in some kind of bizarre code language, refusing(more like unable) to back up any of your claims.  You dishonor the great Isaac Curtis.   Isaac would be creeped out, too.

No, he'd understand that what I say is true.

How gullible are you? You see what's happening out side your door, or not? Football is talking about coaches getting paid to lose and cte and racist thisband that.
Gruden emails and the redskins are gone.
Pretty soon there won't be football and who cares? Pretty soon food gas and money wi be gone. No shot means no govt rations. 
Get on your knees slave
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:09 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: No, he'd understand that what I say is true.

How gullible are you? You see what's happening out side your door, or not? Football is talking about coaches getting paid to lose and cte and racist thisband that.
Pretty soon there won't be football and who cares? Pretty soon food gas and money wi be gone. No shot means no govt rations. 
Get on your knees slave

[Image: christian-bale-wtf.gif]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 101.0 but your point stands.

The fact that he put up those numbers, and didn’t even have a single turnover worthy throw in a game where he was under siege like that is crazy.

My post to you in the game day thread about the stats is still my take - i.e. take out the two fortunate big plays and Burrow's numbers aren't good. 

HOWEVER.... the no INTs stat is a big number that isn't getting mentioned. Burrow had no help from his OLine for a whole half and did not make the mistake which cost the game. A vast number of QBs would've been pressured into a pick or would've gotten desperate. Burrow held it together and ensured he wouldn't throw the game away. Takes some doing when he must have known he'd be getting smacked around every time the ball was snapped. Dude is made of something different. 

Yesterday hasn't knocked my confidence in him at all, and I say that as someone who didn't think he was 'on it' yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:04 AM)Joelist Wrote:  The problem is our track record suggests we'll dumpster dive because Mike Brown does not value OL correctly and probably still does not even after seeing us LOSE THE SUPER BOWL because of our lack of commitment to high quality RG and RT.

Mike Brown made Willie Anderson and Levi Jones the highest paid tackle duo in the entire league.

In the last 4 years Mike Brown has

1.  Used 2 first round picks and one 2nd round pick on O-line
2.  Traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league
3.  Signed one of the highest paid RTs in free agency (Reif $7.5 million)

Mike Browns moves may not work out, but it is time we stop with the silly claim that he does not value O-line.  History proves that just is not true.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:09 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: No, he'd understand that what I say is true.

Get on your knees slave

Hey, it's Jim Bakker!
Reply/Quote