Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And just like that, Brandon LaFell is even more valuable.....
(04-18-2018, 09:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: See Blake gets me on this. We try to draft upgrades to LaFell, but they haven't taken the starting job away from him.

That's just because Mean Mr. Mustard Marv won't let the new guys shine.  Why, I remember when Marvin insisted on sitting AJ Green and Andy Dalton behind Jerome Simpson and Bruce Gradkowski for a year before....ehh, I can't even bother to finish this joke.  You get the picture.

Hoping Lafell gets cut so Ross can finally play is like hoping a woman's husband cheats on her and/or dies so you can ask her to marry you.  It's loser talk.  And if there is one thing this franchise doesn't need more of it's LOSER TALK!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 12:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wanted LaFell as a stopgap in 2016. It worked out well, but if we can get an upgrade at a decent price, I'm still all for it. LaFell wasn't meant to be a permanent solution.

Marvin Jones signed a 5 year, $40 million deal with the Lions. Overall, we've signed LaFell for 3 years, $11.5 million. If we signed Jones to that deal, do we still pull the trade for Cordy Glenn and his contract? Do we still sign Preston Brown?

And Jones has still maintained his inconsistent ways.

- He had a 16 game streak where he only posted 632 yards and 4 TD's. Before he went on a tear last year, he was shaping up to be a massive bust.
- In 2 seasons as a Lion, he's had 8 games with 2 catches or less, and 10 games with 37 yards or less.

At that price range, you want a reliable producer. Jones is not that.

Good point. I'd rather we didn't have a need to re-sign LaFell. Even though he's solid, the fans wants excellence (myself included). I still have high hopes for Malone & Core, and feel like they could make a big splash this year. 

My concern is that this org. will make LaFell a priority due to his contract rather than merit alone, like they've been prone to do in the past.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 11:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's just because Mean Mr. Mustard Marv won't let the new guys shine.  Why, I remember when Marvin insisted on sitting AJ Green and Andy Dalton behind Jerome Simpson and Bruce Gradkowski for a year before....ehh, I can't even bother to finish this joke.  You get the picture.

Hoping Lafell gets cut so Ross can finally play is like hoping a woman's husband cheats on her and/or dies so you can ask her to marry you.  It's loser talk.  And if there is one thing this franchise doesn't need more of it's LOSER TALK!

Well, Dalton and Green did start game 1 of their rookie years. I'm not sure it's in Marv's best interests to sit a guy who is playing better than a starter just because.

I do agree that hoping LaFell gets cut so Ross can have playing time he hasn't earned is a loser mentality. The young guys have to earn it in on the field in practice. 

After last year Ross has no where to go but up.

Reply/Quote