Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"And that's a good thing"
(06-21-2015, 10:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You just struck the nail on the head. It's rarely or not been done before because other NFL teams don't allow it to go on this long. 

So most teams would refuse to make the playoffs 4 times in a row?

I don't think that is true at all.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 08:29 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Did you read it? If you don't win in the PO, you have 0 % chance of making it to the Super Bowl. Making the PO is the first step of the equation to winning a championship. The other part of the equation is to win while you're there. So to make this clear: you need to win in the playoffs to win a championship.

Really? Amazing.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 08:52 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Really? Amazing.

Do you have to be so sarcastic and rude all the time?  If someone doesn't agree with you, then you come off as a real j ackass.  Oh, where did I read that before?  How about you come down off your high horse for awhile.  You're quite frankly annoying.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 08:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So most teams would refuse to make the playoffs 4 times in a row?

I don't think that is true at all.

No, what i was saying was, most owners don't allow the coach to get to year 9 without a playoff win in there somewhere. Think back to the end of '10. Eight years, 60-67-1 record and two playoff appearances with two first round exits. 

How many coaches in NFL history have been able to do a "reboot" with the same organization? Give Marv credit. He's been able to assemble a very talented team over the last 4 years but you can't deny that same talented team has looked bad in 4 straight playoff losses. I'll heap plenty of warranted grief on the QBs shortcomings but i'll also heap more on the head coach's shortcomings. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote