Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And that's how the fight started...
So yesterday, I was in charge of picking my youngest and a couple of other kids from the neighborhood up from Rugby. I have new F350 and pretty anal about keeping it clean. On the way home, I look in the rear view mirror and see one kid, digging for gold big time and flicking his booger, not caring where it went. I didn't want to embarrass the kid, so I waited till I got home and told my kid and my wife, that I don't appreciate his buddy flicking his boogers in my truck. My wife says, he didn't hurt anything and I was being a jerk. I thought, I let her know that it was MY truck, but apparently it's not and that's how the fight started..... Am I wrong?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 01:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote:  Am I wrong?

No. But the reality is, "You will never be right!" The wife spoke. Clean the booger and forget the incident.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 01:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No. But the reality is, "You will never be right!" The wife spoke. Clean the booger and forget the incident.

I had my boy clean it, but the polar vortex was in full force last night
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I had my boy clean it, but the polar vortex was in full force last night

As a kid, my Dad would have immediately hit the brakes.  A sermon on respecting people's property would have ensued, I would surely have gotten a beating when I got home, simply for being friends with such a slob..   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Two things I learned the absolute hard way--

Pick your battles.

Capitulate whenever possible, unless it just absolutely hurts your soul to do so.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:46 PM)McC Wrote: Two things I learned the absolute hard way--

Pick your battles.

Capitulate whenever possible, unless it just absolutely hurts your soul to do so.

I'm learning. As a man that came into a relationship with no fatherly "experience" I had to learn picking my battles the hard way...Was it worth banging my head against the wall, or just do it myself. I used to protest the kids playing video games, but soon learned that it wasn't worth it and decided to just enjoy the peace and quiet of them upstairs and me watching TV by myself....
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As a kid, my Dad would have immediately hit the brakes.  A sermon on respecting people's property would have ensued, I would surely have gotten a beating when I got home, simply for being friends with such a slob..   LOL

Ahhh the good ol' days!!
Reply/Quote
I learned the hard way that it doesnt pay to argue with a woman about almost anything. If she's mad, blow it off, give her some love, ignore it, whatever. Most of the time its just a shit test anyway. If a woman would've told me I was being a jerk because of the scenario mentioned above, I would've probably agreed with her and laughed, or even made myself seem like more of a jerk by saying I was going to invent the worlds first kid booger-picking stopping device and market it to the masses. It would be my new life passion. That would devalue the jerk comment and make it seem silly, and as long as you maintain a positive, humorous demeanor, she'll love you more for it. :-D
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 01:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So yesterday, I was in charge of picking my youngest and a couple of other kids from the neighborhood up from Rugby. I have new F350 and pretty anal about keeping it clean. On the way home, I look in the rear view mirror and see one kid, digging for gold big time and flicking his booger, not caring where it went. I didn't want to embarrass the kid, so I waited till I got home and told my kid and my wife, that I don't appreciate his buddy flicking his boogers in my truck. My wife says, he didn't hurt anything and I was being a jerk. I thought, I let her know that it was MY truck, but apparently it's not and that's how the fight started..... Am I wrong?

If you flicked a booger on her she might start to understand.

or next time shes driving and when she complains just say I'm not hurting anything.

(I say this cause its how I sometimes have to get my point across... being married 13 years lol... Generally its best not to argue and let time prove you right.)
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If you flicked a booger on her she might start to understand.

or next time shes driving and when she complains just say I'm not hurting anything.

(I say this cause its how I sometimes have to get my point across...  being married 13 years lol...  Generally its best not to argue and let time prove you right.)

This is the best advise anyone can ever give. 

My example......
a couple years ago we were doing an add on to the house, living room, bedroom, bath, and laundry room.  When it came time to pick out a new washer and dryer I was in favor of getting a washer with an agitator, she wanted one of these fancy High Efficiency washer with no agitator.  Ones with agitators were so outdated and not up to her high standards anymore.  I wanted one of them because they were about $3-400 cheaper.  So we argued for a couple weeks about before we agreed to compromise and do what she wanted.   Fast forward to today.....she won't even do the washing anymore because our fancy-dancy High Efficiency washing machine that she so desperately needed doesn't use enough water to clean our black clothes.  We always have soap stains on them after coming out of the washing machine.  It Drives her effing nuts!  I sit back and smile and nod my head at her frustration.  now we are looking at new washing machines that use more water to get rid of our soap stains on our black clothes.  Maybe now, i'll finally get a new washing maching with a freakin' agitator in it.  Otherwise she now wants one of those even fancier front load washing machines.  Maybe i'll just shut up and not argue and just let time prove me right again.
I don't know if we have enough whiskey in the house for the same battle this time. 

sigh......just don't get married.  that'll save a lot of headaches and your wallet in the future.   
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
My old man on my last day as a free man---

You played sports. You remember how it feels to win. Well, hold onto that memory.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 03:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: sigh......just don't get married.  that'll save a lot of headaches and your wallet in the future.   

Its too late for many of us...  I'm surprised so many go back for seconds when set free the first time lol
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 04:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its too late for many of us...  I'm surprised so many go back for seconds when set free the first time lol

Ain't that the truth! I never knew having kids was going to be so damn expensive! I was 40 when I got divorced and thought, "This was the life", then I met my current wife with 3 young kids and now I just watch the mulla fly out of my bank account....
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 04:57 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Ain't that the truth! I never knew having kids was going to be so damn expensive! I was 40 when I got divorced and thought, "This was the life", then I met my current wife with 3 young kids and now I just watch the mulla fly out of my bank account....

I'm sure if I had kids the amount of stuff I get away with now would dramatically decrease.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I had my boy clean it, but the polar vortex was in full force last night

Aw man reminds me of a few years ago. My son's shit head friend erased my Xbox and got my account all jacked up. So, I took my son's and told him if he could figure it out, he'd get his back (since he was the one that told the kid to play mine).

The wife flipped out. I'm thinking he needs to learn responsibility, she thought I was being mean.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to assume you didn't drive straight to the kids home to commit an unwarranted murder based on booger throwing. 
"Your honor, this unruly child was CLEARLY flicking his booger in the general direction of my nice, clean truck so I had no other choice than to put him out of his misery..."
As a self admitted former booger tosser myself just be glad he didn't first put it in his mouth then spit it in the direction of your truck. That may have been the last straw and years of incarceration for you then the undoubted social media backlash with you being the killer of the only known case of booger induced murder of a child.. 
Good that calmer heads prevailed..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 12:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm going to assume you didn't drive straight to the kids home to commit an unwarranted murder based on booger throwing. 
"Your honor, this unruly child was CLEARLY flicking his booger in the general direction of my nice, clean truck so I had no other choice than to put him out of his misery..."
As a self admitted former booger tosser myself just be glad he didn't first put it in his mouth then spit it in the direction of your truck. That may have been the last straw and years of incarceration for you then the undoubted social media backlash with you being the killer of the only known case of booger induced murder of a child.. 
Good that calmer heads prevailed..  ThumbsUp

Yeah, maybe kids shouldn't have to know anything about respect.....
Reply/Quote
A booger in a truck? It sounds serious but it’s snot.
Reply/Quote
I've seen kids do a lot worse than booger flipping. I'm not defending it, but they're kids. I was a young arsonist at that age not to mention attempted murderer.. I kind of grew out of it.. 
Last crime I committed..I stole a chunk of cheese and got caught and even went to jail for it and spent christmas there.. I'm pretty well behaved at 60 now.. lol 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote