Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the Bengal Targets Continue.....
http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Dre-Kirkpatrick-fined-for-facemask-in-game-vs-Patriots-48403287

They did fine Gronk for taunting, but his fine, compared to Burfict's showed a tad of disparity???

I guess you get fined if you grab the facemask, but it's okay if you reach in side and gouge the face?? Isn't that why they picked up the flag on the Patriots player, because they said he didn't grab the mask, but reached in through the mask and gouged the face?
Reply/Quote
All first timers. That's why it's so low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 11:42 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Dre-Kirkpatrick-fined-for-facemask-in-game-vs-Patriots-48403287

They did fine Gronk for taunting, but his fine, compared to Burfict's showed a tad of disparity???

All personal fouls get fined. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I amended the op to clarify the fact you can gouge 'through' the facemask, but can't 'grab' it.
Reply/Quote
I gotta tell you that i might care about these  fines if they came out of my pocket or if any of them actually left any of the players in dire straights unable to pay the rent for the year and risked ending up homeless as often happens to people in the real world .  Fines are almost never equitable . The fine for say...speeding tickets for a  making $8 an hour can leave him or her in dire straights,but the very same fine for someone with $10,000,000 in the bank is utterly meaningless and at best a very minor annoyance .  We're supposed to get up in arms over this and think of it as important ?  It's a shakedown racket at best fining guys for playing a game the way everyone expects them to play? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I wonder if any of his fine amount had to do with the fact that he actually questioned the foul in the media?

Dave Lapham had a segment where he was also questioning a lot of the officiating. He inferred that Ninkovich "flopped" to get a foul against Ced and openly questioned a lot of the calls that changed the game.

Between his comments and Dre's...I wonder if some of these guys are finally reaching the bl=oiling point with this BS? The Pats game wasn't the most egregious officiating, either (pitt). Marv we know, being a part of the competition committee just sits and takes it and never questions any of the horrible calls (at least not outwardly) and that is why they keep coming. And that is why his team looks like they have been neutered.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 10:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wonder if any of his fine amount had to do with the fact that he actually questioned the foul in the media?

Dave Lapham had a segment where he was also questioning a lot of the officiating.  He inferred that Ninkovich "flopped" to get a foul against Ced and openly questioned a lot of the calls that changed the game.

Between his comments and Dre's...I wonder if some of these guys are finally reaching the bl=oiling point with this BS?  The Pats game wasn't the most egregious officiating, either (pitt).  Marv we know, being a part of the competition committee just sits and takes it and never questions any of the horrible calls (at least not outwardly) and that is why they keep coming.  And that is why his team looks like they have been neutered.

Well said.
Reply/Quote