Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Caldwell wins playoff game enters Superbowl before Marvin's Bengals
All hail Andre Caldwell! Mellow

Clearly he's the greatest Bengal that got away.
Reply/Quote
That's still Corey Dillon, because well, he won his.
But Andre is a close second.
Reply/Quote
Chad caught a pass in a losing Superbowl effort too.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey now, I'll support Dalton when he gets his first playoff win........

...with the Texans!
Reply/Quote
This is his second Superbowl, and umpteenth playoff win with the Broncos since he left. His time with the Bengals is all but forgotten. He's officially a Bronco and likely won't even claim the Bengals when his career is over. Who can blame him? His success and playing with Manning the last 4 years has likely been his career highlight.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: This is his second Superbowl, and umpteenth playoff win with the Broncos since he left. His time with the Bengals is all but forgotten. He's officially a Bronco and likely won't even claim the Bengals when his career is over. Who can blame him? His success and playing with Manning the last 4 years has likely been his career highlight.

We can always remember him for that game-breaking fumble in Oakland though!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: This is his second Superbowl, and umpteenth playoff win with the Broncos since he left. His time with the Bengals is all but forgotten. He's officially a Bronco and likely won't even claim the Bengals when his career is over. Who can blame him? His success and playing with Manning the last 4 years has likely been his career highlight.

Did he even have a catch yesterday? 
Reply/Quote
Yea, a big one if I can remember. He's made some big plays for Manning over the years. Amazing he's still in the league, but he clearly has talent.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yea, a big one if I can remember. He's made some big plays for Manning over the years. Amazing he's still in the league, but he clearly has talent.

In 7 post season games with Denver, he has 4 receptions for 40 yards. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: In 7 post season games with Denver, he has 4 receptions for 40 yards. 

Yes, but think of all the Browns, Raiders, Buccaneers WRs who are totally jelly he even gets to play in the post-season! Ninja
Reply/Quote
He's been apart of winning post season teams and two Superbowls. Not going to hate on the guy.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, but think of all the Browns, Raiders, Buccaneers WRs who are totally jelly he even gets to play in the post-season! Ninja

"Play" 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:20 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: "Play" 

True.  It's tough being a Bengals fan when you have to convince yourself that just making the playoffs is whizz-bang awesome BUT have to also have to convince yourself that former players and/or teams you don't like making and/or winning in the playoffs isn't all that good.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True.  It's tough being a Bengals fan when you have to convince yourself that just making the playoffs is whizz-bang awesome BUT have to also have to convince yourself that former players and/or teams you don't like making and/or winning in the playoffs isn't all that good.

Lol.
Whatever. Really gotta get better at knowing not to get into any discussions with you about former Bengals players, who you always seem to like more than current ones...
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Lol.
Whatever. Really gotta get better at knowing not to get into any discussions with you about former Bengals players, who you always seem to like more than current ones...

Nah, I just realize this is high time for spiteful victories.  I'm listening to Bengals fans cheer because Palmer and the Steelers lost in the later rounds, Steeler fans are acting like they just won the Super Bowl because the Patriots lost, and so on.  Really, it seems like the best way to be happy in the playoffs is to have a team that's out of it and just be glad another team lost.

I'm totally in tune with the shameful joy, I just acknowledge it's hard to rag on guys stinking in the playoffs when all the Bengals have in the past 25 years are playoff blowouts to be happy about.
Reply/Quote
You guys do realize that most players do NOT grow up as Bengals fans, right? I did so my whole football mentality is structured around the Bengals and to a lesser degree Ohio State.. So it really doesn't matter if they win the super bowl for the next 40 years or almost win the super bowl or come in dead last for the next 40 years. I'm a Bengals fan for better or worse and very little will ever change that character flaw..
There's only a small handful of Bengals players who grew up as Bengals fans and of the few most of you want to see cut from the team..
Something just doesn't add up there, eh? I mean it's not like Pete Rose and Barry Larkin or even Ken Griffey Jr who grew up as Reds fans.. Mike Nuggent seems to be on everyone's continual s**t list despite growing up in Centerville and being a Bengals fan as well.. The point being that just because a player once got a paycheck from the Bengals doesn't mean that they should be forever loyal and willing to fall on their sword for us..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We can always remember him for that game-breaking fumble in Oakland though!

I choose to remember him for his game winnings TDs against Baltimore and Pittsburgh in 09.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:21 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I choose to remember him for his game winnings TDs against Baltimore and Pittsburgh in 09.

Same here, Caldwell was no big time receiver but he has made way more clutch plays in his time than choke plays.

Both here and as a Bronco.
Reply/Quote
Bubba always had talent, bubba just was never too bright.

He has been a good pickup for Denver. We shouldn't judge.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, Caldwell was no big time receiver but he has made way more clutch plays in his time than choke plays.

Both here and as a Bronco.

Caldwell has been such a weird player in Denver. In 2011, his last season here, he had 37 catches. He's yet to eclipse 37 catches in his 4 year career as a Bronco. He's become a very solid ST player for them. I remember him being hurt in 2013 or 2014 when Manning didn't invite him to the Duke workouts.

It's just been odd watching him in Denver.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote