Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Carter-set to interview for DL coach
(01-13-2021, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The perfect candidate became available today with the Philly staff getting pink slips. Stand by for Matt Burke. 

That's a name. And fitting given his history here (Tobin will be familiar), and familiarity with Lou.

On a side note, I know the 3-4 talk quieted down over the year, but a Carter hire would signal the transition is ongoing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm the very opposite. The last thing we need to do is bring in even more Taylor/Lou friends.

Also the Jets were 21st in sacks in 2020, 23rd in sacks in 2019.

A coach is as good as the players he has. Carter had nothing to work with at the NYJ. 

I'm not advocating for him, but I don't hold it against him that he worked for the team with (arguably) the worst roster in the NFL, including the DL. He did have a high draft pick, but that's fertilizer on top of old mulch.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 12:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: That's a name. And fitting given his history here (Tobin will be familiar), and familiarity with Lou.

On a side note, I know the 3-4 talk quieted down over the year, but a Carter hire would signal the transition is ongoing.

He and Zac were together in Miami for a year 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I’m hoping we give Reader’s old position coach a call. Anthony Weaver. Player turned coach. Been at it for like 9 years. Played in the AFC North. Coached in the AFC North. Apparently highly regarded. Promoted from DL coach to DC for the Texans this year. Down year for the Texans and their D sucked. We may be able to swoop in and get him back as a DL coach.
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind that we heard about only 1 of the three OL coach interviews and that one didn’t get the job. It is always interesting to know who is under consideration but that by no means says the one we know about is the hire.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
its kinda weird we are looking to improve by bringing in coaches from one of the few teams to do worse than us.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 11:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: its kinda weird we are looking to improve by bringing in coaches from one of the few teams to do worse than us.

It's also kinda weird that we're so fixated on line coaches and how they're going to be the answer to this team's woes the past couple of years.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 12:22 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: It's also kinda weird that we're so fixated on line coaches and how they're going to be the answer to this team's woes the past couple of years.

right well not replacing the rest of the coaches is a horse beign beat around here already.

You know they say WRs take about 3 years to hit stride... Maybe thats the case with first time HC's and OC's and DC's lol.     Either way the stooges are back for another go. So might as well talk about what is changing.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 12:22 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: It's also kinda weird that we're so fixated on line coaches and how they're going to be the answer to this team's woes the past couple of years.

This is why they need to bring in at least two new OL and DL in the offseason, as I think it's the only shot to truly turn those units around.
I don't see Pollack and Carter (or whoever) being able to magically turn water into wine just because of their coaching.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is why they need to bring in at least two new OL and DL in the offseason, as I think it's the only shot to truly turn those units around.
I don't see Pollack and Carter (or whoever) being able to magically turn water into wine just because of their coaching.

the right 2 that fit what they are trying to do  not just names on the market.
Reply/Quote
80.5 career sacks.

Can we make him part of our nickel package?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the right 2 that fit what they are trying to do  not just names on the market.

Yes, although that will ultimately be determined by how well the OL and DL perform.
Can't say you got the guys you wanted but still suck. Fans won't accept that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 03:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, although that will ultimately be determined by how well the OL and DL perform.
Can't say you got the guys you wanted but still suck. Fans won't accept that.

thats like saying your happy were we are at when your 2-10
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 04:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats like saying your happy were we are at when your 2-10

Yep. And we've seen these coaches say things like that before.
Fans want the guys who have proven to perform well because that seems the least risky. However, at the end of the day, they want whatever players to play well, regardless if it's a recognized, high-priced FA or some C-tier or no-name guy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The perfect candidate became available today with the Philly staff getting pink slips. Stand by for Matt Burke. 

Sounds good, after listening to the rationale Carter might not be the best grab.

Good player does not mean good coach necessarily as we have all seen.
Reply/Quote
I could see Burke being brought back. He was a popular assistant under Guenther. He's worked with Lou before so he's got familiarity with both sides.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/15/wade-phillips-im-ready-to-retire-from-retirement/

Maybe he'll have to get back in the door at a lower level.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2021, 03:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/15/wade-phillips-im-ready-to-retire-from-retirement/

Maybe he'll have to get back in the door at a lower level.

doubt he take anything less than DC and dont blame him.

unless its just as a consultant. (they charge alot)
Reply/Quote
Fire Lou yesterday and hire Wade now.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2021, 04:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: doubt he take anything less than DC and dont blame him.

unless its just as a consultant. (they charge alot)

Sometimes coaches just want to coach. He's too old to be picky at this point. 

Reply/Quote