Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Carter-set to interview for DL coach
per James Rapien

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/andre-carter-interview-bengals-defensive-line

Former all-pro DE Andre Carter will interview for the DL coach job next week. The former 1st round draft pick by the 49ers, played for 12 seasons for 4 teams. In 2017, he worked with Lou as Asst DL coach. He moved with Adam Gase to the Jets where for the last 2 seasons he was DL coach

"He helped the 2019 Jets become one of the most stout defenses against the run. Opponents averaged just 3.34 yards-per-carry and New York forced 117 runs for zero or negative yards, which was the most in the NFL."

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 06:13 PM)pally Wrote: per James Rapien

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/andre-carter-interview-bengals-defensive-line

Former all-pro DE Andre Carter will interview for the DL coach job next week.  The former 1st round draft pick by the 49ers, played for 12 seasons for 4 teams.  In 2017, he worked with Lou as Asst DL coach.  He moved with Adam Gase to the Jets where for the last 2 seasons he was DL coach

"He helped the 2019 Jets become one of the most stout defenses against the run. Opponents averaged just 3.34 yards-per-carry and New York forced 117 runs for zero or negative yards, which was the most in the NFL."

Solid young coach to interview , like he coached with Lou helps with philosophy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
LOVE IT!

We're bringing in good coaches to make our team complete! Let's hope that it continues in free agency and we also give the coaches some solid players to work with!

Hopefully, if we keep Geno, he can help Geno return to his dominant ways!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 06:13 PM)pally Wrote: per James Rapien

Former all-pro DE Andre Carter will interview for the DL coach job next week.  The former 1st round draft pick by the 49ers, played for 12 seasons for 4 teams.  In 2017, he worked with Lou as Asst DL coach.  He moved with Adam Gase to the Jets where for the last 2 seasons he was DL coach

This along with the Pollack hire have me excited have to be honest. Hope we hire Carter badly.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This along with the Pollack hire have me excited have to be honest. Hope we hire Carter badly.

Nice to be excited about possible offseason moves for this team.  

Let's hope it happens
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Nice to be excited about possible offseason moves for this team.  

Let's hope it happens

Yeah, haven't been excited since before Burrow went down.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, haven't been excited since before Burrow went down.

Lies! You know you were giddy when we beat the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lies! You know you were giddy when we beat the Steelers.

Well yeah, that was a fun game to watch lol

I love seeing those bastids looking all sad on the sidelines haha
Reply/Quote
Hadn't really heard much about him, until now. He seems like a hot prospect on the rise.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well yeah, that was a fun game to watch lol

I love seeing those bastids looking all sad on the sidelines haha

Must’ve loved the pics from this week then! I know I did.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 06:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Solid young coach to interview , like he coached with Lou  helps with philosophy

I'm the very opposite. The last thing we need to do is bring in even more Taylor/Lou friends.

Also the Jets were 21st in sacks in 2020, 23rd in sacks in 2019.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm the very opposite. The last thing we need to do is bring in even more Taylor/Lou friends.

Also the Jets were 21st in sacks in 2020, 23rd in sacks in 2019.

I think chemistry is important.. we are talking Coaches not friends and with your thinking Pollack is a  bad pick.. Jets got worse in last two years on offense than previous.  95 sacks given up in 2 seasons.
Reply/Quote
Not overly giddy about this. See Leonard Williams.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not overly giddy about this. See Leonard Williams.

yes he finally had a break out year this year but his career has been very up and down and overall a disappointment as top 5 pick in 2015 draft plus had some discipline issues what I remember. 

Last season he was traded like mid year to Giants he played 7 to 8 games and produced little.    Carter was hired in 2019 which means he coached him for 7 games, so he has little connection with Williams lack of production.  Maybe he finally realized I better start producing or else.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think chemistry is important.. we are talking Coaches not friends and with your thinking Pollack is a  bad pick.. Jets got worse in last two years on offense than previous.  95 sacks given up in 2 seasons.

Quality is more important than chemistry. Ryan Finley and Alex Erickson might have the best chemistry in the world, but it doesn't mean I would EVER choose them over Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne.

Zac Taylor hired all his friends for the 2019 season. They then proceeded to go 6-25-1. So we are most certainly talking friends AND coaches. 

How does the Jets offense getting worse have anything to do with Carter's DL not being great at sacking the QB?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I have no strong opinion one way or the other.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 06:13 PM)pally Wrote: "He helped the 2019 Jets become one of the most stout defenses against the run. Opponents averaged just 3.34 yards-per-carry and New York forced 117 runs for zero or negative yards, which was the most in the NFL."

This could be a deceiving stat due to garbage time runs. Being 7-9 that season, you'd think that there wouldn't be a ton of garbage time stuffs, but if I were doing the hiring I'd disregard stuffs from clock chewing blowout losses. 

The jets did have below average sacks while he was DL coach, but they were 30th in sacks in 2016, and 28th in sacks in 2017. 

The ties with Lou thing sketches me out a little - the prospect of another potential comfort hire doesn't inspire confidence. That being said, I'm sure that they could do a lot worse at DL coach. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 08:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Quality is more important than chemistry. Ryan Finley and Alex Erickson might have the best chemistry in the world, but it doesn't mean I would EVER choose them over Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne.

Zac Taylor hired all his friends for the 2019 season. They then proceeded to go 6-25-1. So we are most certainly talking friends AND coaches. 

How does the Jets offense getting worse have anything to do with Carter's DL not being great at sacking the QB?

The point I made is we hired Pollack and Jets did not perform well and that is ok but it disqualifies Carter from being hired, seem like a double standard.

You are comparing apples to oranges when it comes to Coaching and Players.  Coaches working relationship is still different than players,  and it is not so much chemistry in Coaching Relationships as  it is more philosophy together since Coaches scheme, evaluate, game plan etc.. that is what I learned in my 20 plus years of Coaching.
Reply/Quote
Not caring to be the new JETS, but last person who interviewed didn't get it so this may mean nothing.

Chargers I thought had a good dline. What about their dline coach now that the staff was fired.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 11:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not caring to be the new JETS, but last person who interviewed didn't get it so this may mean nothing.

Chargers I thought had a good dline. What about their dline coach now that the staff was fired.

The perfect candidate became available today with the Philly staff getting pink slips. Stand by for Matt Burke. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote