Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Johnson
Is he Done.... Was last year a result of the QB play in indy?     Does he have another productive year left in him?

Or is he just wanting to chase stats??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/06/andre-johnson-still-hoping-some-team-will-give-him-a-shot/

Not that I think we are looking for a OTH WR     but would you consider Johnson at this point vs bolden?
Reply/Quote
If we'd sign a super old vet I'd prefer Boldin over Johnson. Both played with shoddy QBs last year but one looked a bit more capable imo. He would compliment the rest of our WRs better too.
Reply/Quote
Johnson is trying to get a ring.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Is he Done.... Was last year a result of the QB play in indy?     Does he have another productive year left in him?

Or is he just wanting to chase stats??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/06/andre-johnson-still-hoping-some-team-will-give-him-a-shot/

Not that I think we are looking for a OTH WR     but would you consider Johnson at this point vs bolden?

I would hate to see us cut a possible young receiver with hope to be a very good NFL receiver in 2 or 3 years for an aging vet. We only have so many roster spots and letting youth leave for old receivers (33 and older) seems like a very bad idea to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 10:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would hate to see us cut a possible young receiver with hope to be a very good NFL receiver in 2 or 3 years for an aging vet. We only have so many roster spots and letting youth leave for old receivers (33 and older) seems like a very bad idea to me.

Me too but many here seem to want boldin.

Looking at WRs

Green
Lafell
Boyd
Tate*

Should all have spots  (I also have tate penciled in)  So maybe 2 or 3 spots for the Rest.  Alford and Core aren't gaurenteed spots.  But you would think back end WRs would need to do special teams work.  Not to say someone like Boldin or Johnson couldn't help us by starting in front of boyd for a few games but eventually boyd will need to take their spot.    (we got spoiled by AJ and always expect rookie WRs to contribute right away now it took sanu and jones a few years to be decently productive)

How many rookie WRs do we really want on our roster?  I say maybe 1 2 if core shines in preseason outside of that I could see guys like wright and kamerow possibly making the squad. Are we in win now mode or we still keeping a long eye to the future.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 01:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Me too but many here seem to want boldin.

Looking at WRs

Green
Lafell
Boyd
Tate*

Should all have spots  (I also have tate penciled in)  So maybe 2 or 3 spots for the Rest.  Alford and Core aren't gaurenteed spots.  But you would think back end WRs would need to do special teams work.  Not to say someone like Boldin or Johnson couldn't help us by starting in front of boyd for a few games but eventually boyd will need to take their spot.    (we got spoiled by AJ and always expect rookie WRs to contribute right away now it took sanu and jones a few years to be decently productive)

How many rookie WRs do we really want on our roster?  I say maybe 1 2 if core shines in preseason outside of that I could see guys like wright and kamerow possibly making the squad.  Are we in win now mode or we still keeping a long eye to the future.

I can't speak for other but 2 rookies I want on our 53 man roster are Boyd and Core. No way Core is not picked up by another team (Core also has shown to be good special team player in college) if we try and put him on our practice squad in my opinion. My point is we only have 53 spots so using an aging veteran to release a rookie like Core in my opinion would be a huge mistake. I like Bolden,  but he is older and does have trouble now getting seperation

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 10:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can't speak for other but 2 rookies I want on our 53 man roster are Boyd and Core. No way Core is not picked up by another team (Core also has shown to be good special team player in college) if we try and put him on our practice squad in my opinion. My point is we only have 53 spots so using an aging veteran to release a rookie like Core in my opinion would be a huge mistake. I like Bolden,  but he is older and does have trouble now getting seperation

no I agree. there are valid arguments for both sides... If someone gets hurt we are stuck relying on a rookie WR for what we consider a good chance to go all the way this year.    do you take that chance...  or do you potentially hurt your future by letting young guys go for more reliable options now.

Either way there is no right answer.   Core could be very good for us.  or he could go the way of most 6th and 7th round picks and never really see the field. I don't expect him or boyd to have an to much of a rookie campaign just due to the number of more reliable options Dalton has to throw too.

But they should get a chance here or there.... Now what I don't want to see happen is them keep core or alford because he was a 6th or 7th round pick if one of the UDFA's are outshining them.    

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 02:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: no I agree. there are valid arguments for both sides... If someone gets hurt we are stuck relying on a rookie WR for what we consider a good chance to go all the way this year.    do you take that chance...  or do you potentially hurt your future by letting young guys go for more reliable options now.

Either way there is no right answer.   Core could be very good for us.  or he could go the way of most 6th and 7th round picks and never really see the field. I don't expect him or boyd to have an to much of a rookie campaign just due to the number of more reliable options Dalton has to throw too.

But they should get a chance here or there.... Now what I don't want to see happen is them keep core or alford because he was a 6th or 7th round pick if one of the UDFA's are outshining them.    

No doubt, I hope they keep the best regardless of their investment in others (draft position). I read Tobin said any vet signed now would have to beat out our guys so if we bring someone in on a make it or be cut type deal, I am fine with that. I think of the WR options listed Bolden or Johnson, Bolden would be a better fit. ON the defensive side, I think Freeney is the best option and if they only did 1 (offense or defense), Freeney is my pick to test the waters.

Reply/Quote
I'd say bring him in. See if the young guys can learn from him. But if a rookie/young guy beats him out, then he is done.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
No thanks Johnson is washed up
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Think one of the aging vets would be a perfect fit to mentor our youngsters and prove quite valuable even if it is not statistically.

But all have put up #'s in past of capable doing so for a year. Especially as a #2 or 3 WR option.

Would take any one of the three, Boldin, Johnson, or Roddy.

Think it is worth the gamble being we are so thin at this position.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote