Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Smith is..
The offensive MVP of the last two weeks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He's our best o-lineman right now, or maybe about even with Boling. The disintigration of our line, which has been allowed to happen, is our biggest problem right now, and it didn't have to happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 03:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The offensive MVP of the last two weeks.

What? Please explain.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What? Please explain.

Weeks 1 and 2, without Andre Smith on field =  9 points, 0 TDs

Weeks 3 and 4, with extensive use of Andre Smith at both Tackle spots = 55 points, 7 TDs

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 03:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The offensive MVP of the last two weeks.

True. He was gone all of 2016 as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: True.  He was gone all of 2016 as well.

When he's healthy, he's a darn good player.

I know that many might say something like "Well, it's not hard to outshine Ogbuehi and Fisher".  But, in reality, when fully healthy, he's always been a good blocker.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When he's healthy, he's a darn good player.

I know that many might say something like "Well, it's not hard to outshine Ogbuehi and Fisher".  But, in reality, when fully healthy, he's always been a good blocker.

Yep. Ppl didn't want to admit it for some reason, but he's good when healthy. He's had some struggles with speed ends/lbs in the past, but that's what happens to most tackles when good speed rushers aren't schemed against. 
Reply/Quote
Andre has been a surprise contributor. But we still need two new OT's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote