Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Smith to IR; Justin Murray signed from Saints PS
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/12/20/16802282/bengals-andre-smith-ir-justin-murray-connor-harris-practice-squad-saints

Murray former UC OT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 04:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/12/20/16802282/bengals-andre-smith-ir-justin-murray-connor-harris-practice-squad-saints

Murray former UC OT.

to be fair to Andre Smith we got a hell of a lot more out of him this season than I expected...not all of it through Paul Alexander design unfortunately.

With Fish situation unclear and Ced / Dre finishing up season injured its scary to say that our OT situation is even worse going into next season than this one  Ninja   ...
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised no one is spinning that our line should be better now because the guys on the bench are probably better than the bums Marvin insisted on playing all year.
Reply/Quote
yay  Whatever

Reply/Quote
Yeah Andre lasted much longer than I thought he would, and he was serviceable for his role. Definitely not a long term solution by any means, as this team still needs to find OTs for the future. Which is not a good thing at this point.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Cool, a couple of warm bodies at least.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 05:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cool, a couple of warm bodies at least.

[Image: ccc36675ce8d7286aff56ecccb53d0a5_500x735.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sweet. Another player to get beat like a drum while wearing a Bengals jersey.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 04:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm surprised no one is spinning that our line should be better now because the guys on the bench are probably better than the bums Marvin insisted on playing all year.

Ha, I was going say that!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 05:54 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Sweet. Another player to get beat like a drum while wearing a Bengals jersey.

I went to look him up, and Justin Harris didn't even have a draft profile.  He was a UDFA.

Connor Harris is sort of interesting, as he's the NCAA All-Divisions tackles record holder.  5'11"  #242, not really fast, not really strong.  But from what I read, his football IQ is through the roof.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Andre lasted much longer than Ithought he would. Sad part is he was the best we had at that spot.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 06:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I went to look him up, and Justin Harris didn't even have a draft profile.  He was a UDFA.

Wasn't Bronko Nagurski a UDFA, too?  The sky's the limit, dude.
Reply/Quote
The only question is why WHY with no OTs are they starting Dalton? I mean they don't want McCarron to get hurt in case they win the appeal and can trade him? but Why Risk Dalton.

Who for the Time being is still our Long Term QB

Activate Driskel for this last 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 06:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wasn't Bronko Nagurski a UDFA, too?  The sky's the limit, dude.

I think all players were UDFAs then..  However, Nagurski did play in the first ever NFL playoff game, and threw the controversial winning TD pass to Red Grange.

Yes, all players were UDFAs at that time. The NFL draft began in 1936.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
At this rate I'd want them to start Driskel. If we start Mac, then he'll lose a lot of trade value when teams see more film on him. If Mike Brown plans on keeping Dalton next year, then he'll need to preserve him. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
welcome aboard new guy! hope you were coached up with the Saints because you sure won't be here!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 04:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm surprised no one is spinning that our line should be better now because the guys on the bench are probably better than the bums Marvin insisted on playing all year.

It's not really a bad spin, to be perfectly honest haha.
Reply/Quote

It's because they're probably all bums.   PA is the bum whisperer.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 06:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wasn't Bronko Nagurski a UDFA, too?  The sky's the limit, dude.

As was James Harrison.....
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 06:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The only question is why WHY with no OTs are they starting Dalton?   I mean they don't want McCarron to get hurt in case they win the appeal and can trade him?  but Why Risk Dalton.

Who for the Time being is still our Long Term QB

Activate Driskel for this last 2 games.

Right now McCarron draws trade interest because he is a relative unknown when it comes to his product. If they put him out there and he lights it up, they may get a better deal for him, but if he looks bad, his trade value drops. And face it, with this oline, he's gonna look bad, just like anyone else playing behind this line. If I were MB, McCarron would not see the field until I knew if we were keeping him or trading him.
Reply/Quote