Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Billings
I’m as negative as it gets when it comes to the Bengals but I need to give a quick shout out to Andrew Billings. The kid has been playing great, he’s been making tackles behind the line of scrimmage and winning his matchups consistently. Billings has been one of the lone bright spots for me when watching this team similar to Tyler Boyd’s development last season in a lost year. He’s finally living up to his run stuffing reputation and we should work on resigning him. Only if we could put a half decent linebacker behind him. Preston Brown couldn’t fill a hole to safe his life he just plays peekaboo behind the offensive line and is awful.
Reply/Quote
Yeah he played well, thought Hopkins did as well. Hubbard did OK.

Vigil was great! /s
Reply/Quote
Big man is playing well. Him and Hubbard have stood out to me more than Geno and Dunlap so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Billings is a top 10 nose tackle in this league and a young guy. Unfortunately it doesn't look like he is in the Bengals future with the drafting of Wren and Glasgow still being here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:11 AM)thillan Wrote: Yeah he played well, thought Hopkins did as well. Hubbard did OK.

Vigil was great! /s

I hope the Vigil line was Sarcasm.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Big man is playing well. Him and Hubbard have stood out to me more than Geno and Dunlap so far.

I wasnt a fan of the Geno extension last year, and doubt I ever will be. This is the first year of his 4 year extension he got, and the next 3 seasons he will have a cap hit between 14.2, 14.8, and 16 million per season. And he will be 32,33, and 34 years old in those seasons.

I appreciate the great player Geno was for us, but Bengals paying him major money in the twilight of his career is a mistake imo.

If the Bengals are entering a rebuild mode, they need to shop Geno and that contract around to free up money for elsewhere, mainly free agent o-lineman. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:03 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m as negative as it gets when it comes to the Bengals but I need to give a quick shout out to Andrew Billings. The kid has been playing great, he’s been making tackles behind the line of scrimmage and winning his matchups consistently. Billings has been one of the lone bright spots for me when watching this team similar to Tyler Boyd’s development last season in a lost year. He’s finally living up to his run stuffing reputation and we should work on resigning him. Only if we could put a half decent linebacker behind him. Preston Brown couldn’t fill a hole to safe his life he just plays peekaboo behind the offensive line and is awful.

BILLINGS!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
Gotta agree....shout out to Trey Hopkins too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Billings got hurt late in the game. Not sure if he went back in.
Reply/Quote
Billings and Atkins were bright spots. About the only ones.

I know Geno catches a lot of flack, but he's playing at a high level. He just gets double-teamed a lot, but he still gets pressure.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:08 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Billings got hurt late in the game.  Not sure if he went back in.

Seems he came back in, they pulled him after the personal foul, which I thought was a BS call. Zac did too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Billings is a top 10 nose tackle in this league and a young guy. Unfortunately it doesn't look like he is in the Bengals future with the drafting of Wren and Glasgow still being here.

We’ll see what happens I feel like Wren is more of a raw project with upside. People drool over his size and athleticism but he’s a one year starter in college who needs a lot of work. I like Glasgow a lot but see him more as a good rotational DT then a starter.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:11 AM)thillan Wrote: Yeah he played well, thought Hopkins did as well. Hubbard did OK.

Vigil was great! /s

(10-01-2019, 12:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I hope the Vigil line was Sarcasm.

Admit the truth you dont like Vigil cause you want the rat tail like him? It takes a special guy to pull off the rat tail look!

Dont knock it..its coming back in 2020 with a vengeance!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:39 PM)lone bengal Wrote: We’ll see what happens I feel like Wren is more of a raw project with upside. People drool over his size and athleticism but he’s a one year starter in college who needs a lot of work. I like Glasgow a lot but see him more as a good rotational DT then a starter.

I didn't like Wren either; thought Billings showed enough last season to earn a contract extension. Instead of being replaced.
J24

Reply/Quote
Maybe I was drunk, but I could have sworn I saw billings outrunning vigil downfield lol...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:28 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Maybe I was drunk, but I could have sworn I saw billings outrunning vigil downfield lol...

He ran down a ball carrier from behind near the goalline. I've seen him hustling downfield or sideline to sideline multiple times this season. Billings and Hubbard are always playing with high effort and no quit which is good to see from young talented players. 
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Billings, can someone explain what specific rule he supposedly broke when he was in that little scuffle and why the Steeler player was not also called for a foul?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:03 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m as negative as it gets when it comes to the Bengals but I need to give a quick shout out to Andrew Billings. The kid has been playing great, he’s been making tackles behind the line of scrimmage and winning his matchups consistently. Billings has been one of the lone bright spots for me when watching this team similar to Tyler Boyd’s development last season in a lost year. He’s finally living up to his run stuffing reputation and we should work on resigning him. Only if we could put a half decent linebacker behind him. Preston Brown couldn’t fill a hole to safe his life he just plays peekaboo behind the offensive line and is awful.

didn't he just get hurt last night
Reply/Quote
Big guy is looking good. He is all over the place. The play he got hurt on he was way down the field to help make the tackle. Love watching Billings and Hubbard. They have great motors.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Speaking of Billings, can someone explain what specific rule he supposedly broke when he was in that little scuffle and why the Steeler player was not also called for a foul?

I think it has something to do with team colors!
Reply/Quote