Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Billings
(09-01-2017, 09:20 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Replacing Peko will be harder than some think

I think so. Especially early on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 03:59 PM)EatonFan Wrote: A very quiet preseason.  Bengals fans almost came unglued when we drafted him two years ago in the 4th round.  Now?  What's your feelings on him?  Good?  Bad?  

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewbillings/2555267/gamelogs

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/7/18/15972238/2017-bengals-breakout-players-defensive-tackle-andrew-billings

Excited about him?  Or do we have a dud?

He made some assignment errors, but showed the physical tools to do the job.  NT also has a pretty tough learning curve.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:05 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I think so. Especially early on.

Eh, barring injuries, I think by week 8 we'll be saying "Peko who"? But yeah, early on it'll be a struggle... A "learning experience", if you will. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: He made some assignment errors, but showed the physical tools to do the job.  NT also has a pretty tough learning curve.

Most definately. Like i said, Billings just needs to learn when he is being led by the G/C and then pull out of it.

Should result in a lot of holding calls if he does it right with his strength and quickness.

(09-02-2017, 01:33 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Eh, barring injuries, I think by week 8 we'll be saying "Peko who"? But yeah, early on it'll be a struggle... A "learning experience", if you will. 

Damn rights Pat.

Peko was nothing special, one trick pony that took up space and fell off with his one trick the last few years.

Wasn't even good at stopping the run last year which is all he was ever decent at.
Reply/Quote
Been excited for Billings. Wanted him in the 1st round.

He's shown growing pains and some missed tackles. But he's also plugged up holes, taken on double teams, pushed opponents into the backfield, and gotten in position to make plays. He's still learning the game, although, hes shown more consistent flashes than any other DT on this team besides Atkins so far. There's a lot to like and he's going to get better with more playing time. He's coming off an ACL injury and for defensive lineman that can be a hindrance. Give it time. He's been in position quite a few times, just needs to make the play.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:50 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Been excited for Billings. Wanted him in the 1st round.

He's shown growing pains and some missed tackles. But he's also plugged up holes, taken on double teams, pushed opponents into the backfield, and gotten in position to make plays. He's still learning the game, although, hes shown more consistent flashes than any other DT on this team besides Atkins so far. There's a lot to like and he's going to get better with more playing time. He's coming off an ACL injury and for defensive lineman that can be a hindrance. Give it time. He's been in position quite a few times, just needs to make the play.

Thats what i'm talkin' about Wolf. Rock On
Reply/Quote
It's still kind of early to tell what kind of player he'll turn out to become . He's in competition with some real bruisers .Personally I don't care if any player is drafted high or walks in as a CFA as long as they can get the job done. Some guys can grow into their roles and bodies and some can't. Having a serious injury right from jump certainly doesn't exclude anyone from succeeding, but it doesn't help either. 
There will never be a lack of fans saying player x was/is a wasted draft pick. The truth of the matter is there really is no way to predict when a young player fresh out of college is going to get injured or how long it may take to fully recover..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
When going north and south Billing shows good power and a quick first step. When they get him moving east/west, then you see the inexperience. On the ground, gap responsibility.... Still time to get better. But not ready to start.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote