Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Brown-DE-WELCOME TO BENGALS
2nd player Bengals take in Round 5.

Mel Kiper had this Virginia DE as his 6th best DE going into draft, so a steal in 5.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Looks like the Bengals found that DE/DT that they love to feature on the defense. Brown, a big strong guy at 6'3" 296 had 46 tackles and 10.5 for loss to go with 3.5 sacks.

Will likely remind us of Frostee Rucker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think between him and Hubbard it spells the end for Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think between him and Hubbard it spells the end for Johnson.

As it should. I just find it curious the Bengals sent Johnson out there to announce his replacement. If something isn't mutual behind the scenes we aren't privy to, then that's pretty messed up.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:15 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: As it should. I just find it curious the Bengals sent Johnson out there to announce his replacement. If something isn't mutual behind the scenes we aren't privy to, then that's pretty messed up.

Blame MJ for being such a good humanitarian and winning the Walter Payton award.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The more i study up on this guy Brown might be the steal of the Draft. Extremely high ceiling, could be a JJ Watt
type or a Frostee Rucker type,  we will see. Very versatile and is an upgrade over MJ as is Hubbard immediately.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The more i study up on this guy Brown might be the steal of the Draft. Extremely high ceiling, could be a JJ Watt
type or a Frostee Rucker type,  we will see. Very versatile and is an upgrade over MJ as is Hubbard immediately.

and haven't we been losing D Linemen like Peko and a bunch this off season.  Hubbard and Brown as D Line Help was needed because we've lost a lot of depth.  Did we not also lose Smith who got after RBs and QB's, I think we did. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 05:12 PM)kevin Wrote: and haven't we been losing D Linemen like Peko and a bunch this off season.  Hubbard and Brown as D Line Help was needed because we've lost a lot of depth.  Did we not also lose Smith who got after RBs and QB's, I think we did. 

Yeah, we needed DE depth that is for sure and Brown is versatile and can play DT on passing downs.

One thing this Draft has told me is that Pollack likes his guys at RG and RT and we like our DT's in Billings,
Baker and Glasgow. People wanted Settle but who knows if he makes it over these guys.

Pollack must like either Westerman or Redmond at RG and he likes Fisher and Hart at RT.

Have to trust these guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The more i study up on this guy Brown might be the steal of the Draft. 
Could be the Andrew Billings of this years draft.
Reply/Quote
This guy has a big upside.

Andrew Brown | 6'4 | 294 | DT | Virginia - Brown is very jacked up physically, obviously hits the weights hard. He played out of position as a DE, yet has the size to win inside. He's quick off the snap and can power through blocks if he gets a good first step. However, he is incredibly inconsistent and gets hemmed up way too easily if he doesn't win early in the play. He flashed a number of times during drills at the Sr. Bowl. He has the ability to be fantastic if he can pull it all together.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:15 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: As it should. I just find it curious the Bengals sent Johnson out there to announce his replacement. If something isn't mutual behind the scenes we aren't privy to, then that's pretty messed up.

Blame MJ for being such a good humanitarian and winning the Walter Payton award.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:04 PM)Goalpost Wrote: This guy has a big upside.

Andrew Brown | 6'4 | 294 | DT | Virginia - Brown is very jacked up physically, obviously hits the weights hard. He played out of position as a DE, yet has the size to win inside. He's quick off the snap and can power through blocks if he gets a good first step. However, he is incredibly inconsistent and gets hemmed up way too easily if he doesn't win early in the play. He flashed a number of times during drills at the Sr. Bowl. He has the ability to be fantastic if he can pull it all together.

Coach him up and bring the pieces together.

Reply/Quote
I think Brown is going to be a beast and may be the steal of the draft. He will be playing more of his natural position here and whenever he's done that he has been an elite player. Versatile, hard worker, locker room leader type personality. I love this pick.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Blame MJ for being such a good humanitarian and winning the Walter Payton award.

Did he win it or was he just our nominee?
Reply/Quote
Reminds me more of Jonathan Fanane. A beast physically, that has some issues that prevented him from being a really high selection. If he can be coached up, he could be a steal. Love the competition on the defensive line.

Our two biggest issues recently have been protecting our QB/rushing attack (offensive line) and attacking the opposing QB/stopping the run (defensive line). Both of those position groups have had significant upgrades and now have serious competition in many spots.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Blame MJ for being such a good humanitarian and winning the Walter Payton award.

Solid dude, but lets admit hes not as close to as good as he was before he left for Tampa Bay.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 07:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did he win it or was he just our nominee?

Both: our team winner is also our nominee for the league award. 

(04-30-2018, 08:03 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Solid dude, but lets admit hes not as close to as good as he was before he left for Tampa Bay.

He still flashes here and there, but yeah, I agree. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 08:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Both: our team winner is also our nominee for the league award. 

I suspect we see him more on the inside this year, he seems to still be a force when moved there. And it's hard to throw over him.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 08:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Both: our team winner is also our nominee for the league award. 

so he's just a nominee...way to spin it
Reply/Quote