Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Andrew Luck 2.0
(11-17-2023, 05:02 PM)GodFather Wrote: Ive been saying this (among others) since Burrow's rookie year, that with the continuous horrible offensive line in front of Burrow that he will follow Andrew Luck's footsteps. Well he's been knocked out of a season 50% of his time in the NFL. The continuous hits to him is going to add up and just increases the odds for one of those hits to take him out.

I don't understand this front office. It's the equivalent of buying a Lamborghini and leaving it unlocked in a parking lot in the worst neighborhood thinking it will be fine....nobody will steal it!

This offseason they need to HIRE a competent offensive line coach and straighten this problem out once and for all or Burrow's career in Cincinnati will be very short lived.

The front office has tried the past 2 offseasons to improve the OL.  They've brought in 2 new tackles, a guard and a center.  Players that were considered very good until they got here.  

I agree something has to change and it's starts with the OL coach.  Need someone that knows what the hell they're doing.  Pollack has proven he is not the right person.  And Zac needs to look in the mirror himself.  No way this offense with its talent shouldn't be top 5 every year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also, it's a little known fact that Luck destoryed his shoulder during snowboard accidents. The most significant of his injuries werent even football related. 

No? I would call these pretty significant. And my point is a body can only take so much, and if the Bengals dont protect Burrow eventually he will incur an injury that he wont come back from, especially as he gets older.  Pollack needs to go, we need an offensive line that will scheme. He isnt complementing this offense at all with his offensive line and running back coaching since he got here.

Physical toll on Andrew Luck through 6 NFL seasons:
» Torn cartilage in 2 ribs
» partially torn abdomen
» a lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
» multiple concussions
» a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
» multiple calf/ankle issues
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good for you!!!! Somebody get this man a donut!!!

Not somebody, you get me a donut, and make sure you don't leave daddy waiting long. Hop Hop....
Reply/Quote
Luck wanted to play qb like a linebacker. Like Burrow, he sought contact. Burrow needs to learn to protect himself from himself. He seems to have abandoned any desire to slide when he takes off. It's got to change.

IMO the answer to these problem largely lies in the run game. The more they pass, the higher the chance of him getting hit. The defense knows what's coming. Even if they can't stop it due to the superior athleticism of the receivers, they still get to bare down and go after the qb on most downs. It puts the OL in a less than ideas position as well. They constantly retreat and rarely attack.

Teams who are good for long periods of time go through changes in philosophy. New England absolutely did more than once. Baltimore did just this season with Monken. I think this needs to happen here in the upcoming offseason. The Bengals willl never be a run-first so long as 9 is in his prime. They may shift a bit when he gets close to retirement, but no time soon. I'm fine with that, but they need to be run-capable even if they aren't run-heavy. They were for a bit last season and they were tough to stop. Run the ball, take pressure off the qb, keep defenses honest. Slow down the mileage on your 55 million dollar qb.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:06 PM)Synric Wrote: Why do people always bring up Andrew Luck? He is one QB out of hundreds that has taken a beating over their NFL careers. Also the rules protect the QB alot more than they did even 5 or 6 years ago so the hits they are taking aren't nearly as violent because defenders are pulling up more now due to the penalty.

Luck wasn't sacked that much too. It's a false narrative.
Reply/Quote
Over the last two seasons the Bengals have done more than any other team in the league to improve their O-line.  Can't believe all these comments about how the front office "ignored" the o-line.

Also, in Luck's first three seasons he did not miss a single game and 10 other QBs were sacked more often than him.  In his final season he was only sacked 18 times in 16 games.  Lucks injury problems were not due to poor o-line play.
Reply/Quote
I hate that people keep bringing up Andrew Luck. Luck didn't retire early because of the sacks nor because of injuries obtained from being sacked a lot. He retired because he was mentally done with football. Sure, a part of that was mentally dealing with the physical injuries, but his heart wasn't in the game anymore. He was retiring because of his MENTAL health, not his physical one.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 11:47 AM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: Over the last two seasons the Bengals have done more than any other team in the league to improve their O-line.  Can't believe all these comments about how the front office "ignored" the o-line.

Also, in Luck's first three seasons he did not miss a single game and 10 other QBs were sacked more often than him.  In his final season he was only sacked 18 times in 16 games.  Lucks injury problems were not due to poor o-line play.

Hell, some (one?) of his injuries weren't even the result of playing football!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote