Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Luck Retiring?
According to Adam Schefter Andrew Luck is mentally worn down and has told the Colts he is retiring. A press conference is supposed to take place Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Crazy, that came out of nowhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just saw that. Insane. Gotta do what's best for himself.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
That rates a WOW
Reply/Quote
Wow is right. Holy shit. Be healthy and count your money, Andrew. And, thanks for shining a national spotlight on our week four pre-season game. 'Nati appreciates the exposure.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Yikes. A fan base is 2 weeks out from what they think could be a deep playoff run and then this. That's some Bengal-type luck there.
Reply/Quote
His injuries must have been mounting up. I feel like he's like the Eifert of QBs.
Reply/Quote
I'm watching the Bears/Colts game and I just heard that...I'm floored.
Reply/Quote
Unless he's terminally ill or catastrophically injured, this is a massive ***** move. 2 weeks before opening day? That fan base should drop a dumpster full of rotting food into his front yard.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Unless he's terminally ill or catastrophically injured, this is a massive ***** move.  2 weeks before opening day?  That fan base should drop a dumpster full of rotting food into his front yard.

To think, 2 of the past 3 years Andrew Luck was promised by their druggie owner to be A-OK and ready to go and he's missed a whole season and then retired, respectively.  Oy, I'm debating with my buddies about how shocking this is and they're saying Barry Sanders retiring was more shocking.  I disagree.

When the 2018 season ended Luck was back and the Colts were going to be vying for a SB for the next decade or so...now he's gone for good?  Maybe he can still change his mind when the backlash hits? 
Reply/Quote
When you draft a #1OA stud QB it’s probably a good idea to have at least a decent OL to protect him. They let Luck get bruised and battered for years in Indy.

At least we got something for Palmer, I’d be so pissed if I was a Colts fan right now.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When you draft a #1OA stud QB it’s probably a good idea to have at least a decent OL to protect him. They let Luck get bruised and battered for years in Indy.

At least we got something for Palmer, I’d be so pissed if I was a Colts fan right now.

Yea, we got something for Palmer and Boomer who just wanted out...Luck is just flat out done with football.  Damn...I mean, he's got his reasons but to pull this surprise right before the season?  Holy crap.  I  was watching the Bears/Colts game and the fans found out and were booing, it seems.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yea, we got something for Palmer and Boomer who just wanted out...Luck is just flat out done with football.  Damn...I mean, he's got his reasons but to pull this surprise right before the season?  Holy crap.  I  was watching the Bears/Colts game and the fans found out and were booing, it seems.

Yes the timing of this is a real head scratcher, shocker !
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Unless he's terminally ill or catastrophically injured, this is a massive ***** move. 2 weeks before opening day? That fan base should drop a dumpster full of rotting food into his front yard.

He grew up well. He went to Stanford. He was the top pick in the draft, and made a lot money.... Now he's breaking down. I can't fault him at all for his decision. There's no sense in living in pain later in his life if he doesn't have to... In fact; it shows how smart he is.

I'm as shocked as anyone though. I ways liked Andrew Luck. He spent his entire college and NFL career being a one man gang. He did a lot with mediocre talent around him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes the timing of this is a real head scratcher, shocker !

The thing is, their owner is a real oddball so it isn't hard to see this not being entirely Luck being deceptive and making a point of kicking the team and its fans right in the junk in the worst possible time, too. 

(08-24-2019, 11:49 PM)jason Wrote: He grew up well. He went to Stanford. He was the top pick in the draft, and made a lot money.... Now he's breaking down. I can't fault him at all for his decision. There's no sense in living in pain later in his life if he doesn't have to... In fact; it shows how smart he is.

I'm as shocked as anyone though. I ways liked Andrew Luck. He spent his entire college and NFL career being a one man gang. He did a lot with mediocre talent around him.

That's how I see it.  Some NFL players will grind themselves into the turf, but some will get to a point where they "quit" before they have to.  This may seem to be way more out of the blue than it is thanks to Luck's drugged-up boss, but at the same time the 2018 season ended with Luck being "back" and ready to make a run to the SB.  Wacky.
Reply/Quote
I have never witnessed an organization throw an entire season, till the Colts did, to get Luck.

I wish Luck all the best. I feel bad for the Colts fans, as well.

But I can't help feeling that this is the price Irsay is paying for cheating.
Reply/Quote
Can't blame him in the least. Not everyone is blessed with longevity.

For the guys like Gronk, Eifert, Luck etc that deal with nagging thighs, ankles or whatever, I say get out before it's your knees or god forbid your neck.

Always a bummer to lose a good young QB though. Colts will be nigh unwatchable this season.
Reply/Quote
He should have made this decision before the start of training camp. Totally screwed the team and fans.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: To think, 2 of the past 3 years Andrew Luck was promised by their druggie owner to be A-OK and ready to go and he's missed a whole season and then retired, respectively.  Oy, I'm debating with my buddies about how shocking this is and they're saying Barry Sanders retiring was more shocking.  I disagree.

When the 2018 season ended Luck was back and the Colts were going to be vying for a SB for the next decade or so...now he's gone for good?  Maybe he can still change his mind when the backlash hits? 

Guess the Colts can start tanking for Tua/Trevor this year or the next...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 12:27 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Can't blame him in the least. Not everyone is blessed with longevity.

For the guys like Gronk, Eifert, Luck etc that deal with nagging thighs, ankles or whatever, I say get out before it's your knees or god forbid your neck.

Always a bummer to lose a good young QB though. Colts will be nigh unwatchable this season.

Brissett is not bad, their line is stout, and the rest of the team is well rounded. Likely will still challenge for a WC spot.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote