Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Luck contract
(07-10-2016, 03:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It worked for Trent Dilfer, that guy on Tampa Bay that I can't name, and 2015 Peyton Manning, I guess.  

Kapernick, Grossman, Hasslebeck, McNabb, and Delhomme are the only ho-hum QBs that have even made the SB in the past 12 years or so and they all lost.  I'm not saying that paying a QB $785,000,000 is the key to success BUT it also seems like winning it all with a game-manager is a bit of a pipe dream these days.

If you talk price tags, Kapernick and Wilson were both super bargains for their price when they were in the SB...until they had to get paid. 

I would add Flaco, Eli, and Big Ben to the list of average to above average Qbs to the list that lead their team to Superbowls.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 02:34 AM)J24 Wrote: I would add Flaco, Eli, and Big Ben to the list of average to above average Qbs to the list that lead their team to Superbowls.

Meh, you're talking about a guy who was the SB MVP and played out of his mind during an essential playoff run and two probable HOFers, SO as much as I dislike this trio I have to say you're being a bit unreasonable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 03:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, you're talking about a guy who was the SB MVP and played out of his mind during an essential playoff run and two probable HOFers, SO as much as I dislike this trio I have to say you're being a bit unreasonable.
There only HOF because they won titles not because of thier numbers. Seriously look at thier Numbers not that impressive.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 09:20 PM)J24 Wrote: There only HOF because they won titles not because of thier numbers.  Seriously look at thier Numbers not that impressive.

Well maybe when Dalton goes on a tear and wins a SB you'll decide that sort of thing is impressive.  I guess we can just agree to disagree on this one.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 11:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well maybe when Dalton goes on a tear and wins a SB you'll decide that sort of thing is impressive.  I guess we can just agree to disagree on this one.
Who said anything about Dalton? Anyways do yourself a favor and look at their numbers their not that impressive.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 11:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Who said anything about Dalton? Anyways do yourself a favor and look at their numbers their not that impressive.

Which numbers specifically do I look at and what constitutes "impressive" by your judgement?  You need to speak in specifics if you're going to be this confident.  Help me out here.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 11:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Which numbers specifically do I look at and what constitutes "impressive" by your judgement?  You need to speak in specifics if you're going to be this confident.  Help me out here.

Tds to Int, completion percentage, yds, yds per attempt. You know the basics that every fan, player, coach, and anylst look at. Especially from there Superbowl seasons.
BIG ben- 2005,2008,2010
Eli Manning 2007,2011
Flaco 2012
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 11:29 AM)J24 Wrote: Tds to Int, completion percentage, yds, yds per attempt. You know the basics that every fan, player, coach, and anylst look at. Especially from there Superbowl seasons.
BIG ben- 2005,2008,2010
Eli Manning 2007,2011
Flaco 2012

Well, it's a free country so you can preach any narrative you like.  I'd just as soon not mention Pig Ben, Eli, or Flacco in the same breath as the Trent Dilfers and the Brad Johnsons of the world, but that's just me.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 06:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Read the contract. Even if Andy wins the Super Bowl the cap number stays decent. It is just a MUCH better thought out deal. 

It's a great deal for the Bengals, hell I expect Cousins to ink one of these ridiculous contracts any day now. I remember a lot of our fans whining about what a terrible contract it was when he signed it. Looks like the front office has a grip on things moreso than many give them credit for.
Reply/Quote
Lets talk about Carson Palmer's deal with the Bengals. Wait, he just up and left. At least Dalton is playing out his contract.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 11:54 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Lets talk about Carson Palmer's deal with the Bengals. Wait, he just up and left. At least Dalton is playing out his contract.

Bengals fans, always shooting for the moon we are!
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 05:29 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: It's a great deal for the Bengals, hell I expect Cousins to ink one of these ridiculous contracts any day now. I remember a lot of our fans whining about what a terrible contract it was when he signed it. Looks like the front office has a grip on things moreso than many give them credit for.

Only people who didn't know what they were talking about was upset with Daltons contract. We got him for super cheap.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 09:20 PM)J24 Wrote: There only HOF because they won titles not because of thier numbers.  Seriously look at thier Numbers not that impressive.

Ben is 11th all-time in comp %, will probably move into 10th in yards and TD's this year, T-7th in YPA, 9th in passer rating, 9th in Q4 comebacks, 7th in game-winning drives.....oh and been to 3 SB's with 2 rings.

To which numbers were you referring to?
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 09:40 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Ben is 11th all-time in comp %, will probably move into 10th in yards and TD's this year, T-7th in YPA, 9th in passer rating, 9th in Q4 comebacks, 7th in game-winning drives.....oh and been to 3 SB's with 2 rings.

obviously sexual assault allegations

im sure the bengals have players with more actual charges than ben (pacman)
Reply/Quote
I remember when Catfish Hunter was paid a paultry one million for a season and how people seemed shocked. Now they could pay someone a billion per season and people would go...ehhh.. Nothing to see here..move along ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 02:42 PM)grampahol Wrote: I remember when Catfish Hunter was paid a paultry one million for a season and how people seemed shocked.  Now they could pay someone a billion per season and people would go...ehhh.. Nothing to see here..move along  ..

Kind of makes me wish I were able to do something relatively few people on earth can do. Supply and demand folks...when 9 out of 10 people in this country can be a top-tier NFL QB the wages will drop.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 09:40 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Ben is 11th all-time in comp %, will probably move into 10th in yards and TD's this year, T-7th in YPA, 9th in passer rating, 9th in Q4 comebacks, 7th in game-winning drives.....oh and been to 3 SB's with 2 rings.

2008 17 Tds to 15 interceptions thats a great season righ?. Oh and having the number 1 defense didn't have any bearing on him getting a title.
2005- 17 Tds to 9 interceptions again great season right. Oh and had a 22 qb rating in the Superbowl wow what an amazing performance. Oh and he played with a top 5 running game and a top 5 defense that season.

By the way of course his numbers are going to be impressive hes been on a loaded team most of his career and he has played in the most friendly Qb era of all time.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 03:30 PM)J24 Wrote: 2008 17 Tds to 15 interceptions  thats a great season righ?. Oh and having the number 1 defense didn't have any bearing on him getting a title.
2005- 17 Tds to 9 interceptions again great season right. Oh and had a 22 qb rating in the Superbowl wow what an amazing performance. Oh and he played with a top 5 running game and a top 5 defense that season.

By the way of course his numbers are going to be impressive hes been on a loaded team most of his career and he has played in the most friendly Qb era of all time.

In 2005 he played 12 games - a 98.6 QB rating and 8.9 YPA (noticed you ignored those, focusing on TD's because he didn't play 16 games) - and had to overcome a serious knee injury (and then hurting his hand badly to the point he couldn't throw downfield for weeks).  Lights out in the playoffs except for the SB when nerves got the better of the youngest QB ever to win one (of course, Hines Ward dropped an easy TD pass and Ben had a rushing TD which doesn't count or his rating looks a lot better)

In 2008, he had a horrible OL and struggled with injuries most of the year.  He was again quite good in the playoffs, and then had a legendary SB drive.  He's played behind horrid OL most of his career, and had a revolving door at WR most of his career - so offensive numbers quite good despite not being nearly as "loaded" around him as other guys have had.

All that really proves is he's a great QB who still rises to the occasion when he's having a bad year, finds ways to win when he's having a bad day.  He's got HOF numbers any way you want to slice it.  Sorry, but you're comments to the contrary make you look like a fool.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote