Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Whitworth
[Image: raw]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Gotta move on, man.

Glenn is no Whit, but at least he’s above average.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
In other news, water is wet.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:15 AM)Fullrock Wrote: In other news, water is wet.

Ninja Water isn't wet. Water makes other things wet. Water is water and can not make itself wet. Ninja
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
water is constantly making itself wet, i would know, i am composed mainly of water.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Thread even more relevant after today.

Reply/Quote
Gotta spend money to make money (and maybe get a Championship or two).
Reply/Quote
There is no justifiable reason why they let Whit or Zietler go.
1.) There was no clear replacement for either one on the roster. In fact it was already confirmed that OG sucked so bad that even Alexander benched him in 16 and at RG there was no clear successer either Zeitler played every game since 2012.
2.) Everyone knows that in the college ranks there is a lack of offensive lineman out there to get. So that means fewer draft spots a available.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Could you imagine Whit at LT, and Cordy Glenn at RT?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hard to justify letting Whit go.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 02:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Could you imagine Whit at LT, and Cordy Glenn at RT?

The Bengals never would have traded for Glenn if they still had Whit.  That also means no Price.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 01:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Bengals never would have traded for Glenn if they still had Whit.  That also means no Price.

How do you figure that? Bodine wasn't part of the Glenn trade, he was a FA that Buffalo signed. Zero connection to Whit/Glenn.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 08:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How do you figure that? Bodine wasn't part of the Glenn trade, he was a FA that Buffalo signed. Zero connection to Whit/Glenn.

The Bengals moved down in the 1st as part of the Glenn trade.  No way we would have taken Price where we were originally picking.
Reply/Quote
Bengals traded back to get Zeitler.

No reason to believe Bengals would not have done it for Price and gained an extra 3rd round pick even.

No telling what would have happened if Whit had been extended.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 10:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Bengals moved down in the 1st as part of the Glenn trade.  No way we would have taken Price where we were originally picking.

(09-27-2018, 10:55 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals traded back to get Zeitler.

No reason to believe Bengals would not have done it for Price and gained an extra 3rd round pick even.

No telling what would have happened if Whit had been extended.

Exactly Cards, I am still not seeing how Whit and Price couldn't both be on the team.

Or traded for Glenn at RT and then had Whit, Glenn, AND Price.

It doesn't have to always come down to an either/or regardless of what Hobspin writes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also....

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 02:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Could you imagine Whit at LT, and Cordy Glenn at RT?

I can't imagine the Bengals paying nearly what Glenn is getting, for anyone to play RT, especially if Whitworth would have gotten around the same deal that he's currently playing on in LA.  Heck, they could have gotten Andre Smith back for a relative bargain.

I understand why they didn't pay anyone real money to play RT, as with OG in the final year of his rookie deal, I think he's making close to $5M this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 08:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't imagine the Bengals paying nearly what Glenn is getting, for anyone to play RT, especially if Whitworth would have gotten around the same deal that he's currently playing on in LA.  Heck, they could have gotten Andre Smith back for a relative bargain.

I understand why they didn't pay anyone real money to play RT, as with OG in the final year of his rookie deal, I think he's making close to $5M this season.

I agree with your point.....but we're playing hypotheticals here....they KNEW the line was shit....so maybe for once, they would have pulled open the purse strings and added Glenn as well.  Ya never know.  Anyway, I think they still would have taken Price, we didn't have a starting C on the roster.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Screw Witt.. He's gone and plays for a different team now. Once a player leaves in free agency I immediately stop giving a rats ass about them.. 
I'll at least give him props for not going to Shitzburg though. Then I would have openly hated him.. Just leaving was bad enough. That would have risen to the level of many of us wanting to shoot him as he slept .  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote