Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Butt
Torn ACL to his other knee out for the season. Ok I was really wanting us to take a shot with this guy last year in the later rounds, still wish we drafted OJ Howard or one of the OL, DB's or LB's. Guess I'm glad we didn't pick Butt now but ( no pun intended ) you never know if the injury would have happened regardless of where he went. Anyway my question is, does anyone remember ACL/MCL's etc being as frequent as they are today? I'm sure rule changes play a part with guys staying away from the upper body in fear of being flaged but there are still a lot of non contact ACL injuries happening. Just ask the Chargers. We're many of these injuries in the past miss diagnosed, or just not known. It's scary how common it has become.
Reply/Quote
I don't know that it any more common. Back in the day it was known as a blown out knee.. I remember plenty of blown out knees.. Hell, back in the 80s I doubt many fans had even heard of an ACL injury .
It's not AS IF the human body has developed entirely new parts in the past decade or so. ACL's have been in existence for a very long time, but public awareness of such things haven't.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote