Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com Bias
Hilarious how blatant it is while trying to get that California market hyped. Right now the front page has a big thing of Marshawn Lynch saying "Beast Mode: activated" and below it says "Marshawn Lynch is on another level against the Browns. Track his performance and all Week 4 NFL action from around the league."

So I go "huh, I love me some power runners, so lets see what he's doing".... 7 carries, 26 yards and 1 catch, 17 yards.

Ummm... that's Beast Mode: activated? On another level?

What?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hilarious how blatant it is while trying to get that California market hyped. Right now the front page has a big thing of Marshawn Lynch saying "Beast Mode: activated" and below it says "Marshawn Lynch is on another level against the Browns. Track his performance and all Week 4 NFL action from around the league."

So I go "huh, I love me some power runners, so lets see what he's doing".... 7 carries, 26 yards and 1 catch, 17 yards.

Ummm... that's Beast Mode: activated? On another level?

What?

Well the NFL definitely took it to a whole new level the way they stole that win from the Browns. At every opportune time the refs ruled in favor of the Raiders. A clear 2 pt conversion and non-fumble were both ruled against Cleveland and were later reversed.

Carr fumbled and was ruled in the grasp...and worst of all the reversal on what was clearly a first down that should have ended the game.

There were holds all game and numerous times the Browns QB was hit in the head by a rushers arm and not 1 call.
Reply/Quote
they need oakland to win, they don't need the browns to win.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: they need oakland to win, they don't need the browns to win.

Usually it’s a penalty that’s questionable at best. But to go to a replay were your announcers and rule “expert” saying no way it’s reversed and if anything he should be further...that’s just blatant obvious that this outcome was fixed.
Reply/Quote
Ya, same thing just happened to me. Saw a video that said Antonio Brown makes EPIC touchdown catch.

It was a normal TD catch that most receivers make lol
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:29 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Usually it’s a penalty that’s questionable at best.  But to go to a replay were your announcers and rule “expert” saying no way it’s reversed and if anything he should be further...that’s just blatant obvious that this outcome was fixed.

It was amazing how the "league" chimed in, to over rule an obvious 1st down.......
Reply/Quote
Well, the NFLN is the NFL's, and since the NFL has its hand picked darlings, it only stands to reason that their mouthpiece would too. And it only takes about ten minutes watching them to see it clearly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Ehh use to it by now. We can call it bias but really it’s market driven. No one cares about Tyler Boyd’s big game because ‘who is Tyler Boyd?’. But J.J. Watt eats soft serve ice cream before game gets clicks. Clicks generate revenue.
Reply/Quote
This thread is amusing because Raiders fans have been whining that the NFL hates them for decades.  I lurked a bit on the Raiders board this season to see how they are handling the whole Gruden going 1-3 thing and they are attesting that the NFL won't shut up about how awesome Khalil Mack is only because hyping that guy up makes the Raiders look bad for trading him.

(10-01-2018, 02:39 PM)motoarch Wrote: Ehh use to it by now.  We can call it bias but really it’s market driven.  No one cares about Tyler Boyd’s big game because ‘who is Tyler Boyd?’.  But J.J. Watt eats soft serve ice cream before game gets clicks.  Clicks generate revenue.

Tyler Boyd is the guy who caught that TD to send the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in decades.  You must have missed the countless articles and videos and mentions of that.  Then again, the fact that the NFL prominently featured a story about a ho-hum franchise like the Bengals letting a small market ho-hum franchise like the Bills get embarrassed in the playoffs must have really cut into their time to talk about the Cowboys and Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 06:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This thread is amusing because Raiders fans have been whining that the NFL hates them for decades.  I lurked a bit on the Raiders board this season to see how they are handling the whole Gruden going 1-3 thing and they are attesting that the NFL won't shut up about how awesome Khalil Mack is only because hyping that guy up makes the Raiders look bad for trading him.

Tyler Boyd is the guy who caught that TD to send the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in decades.  You must have missed the countless articles and videos and mentions of that.  Then again, the fact that the NFL prominently featured a story about a ho-hum franchise like the Bengals letting a small market ho-hum franchise like the Bills get embarrassed in the playoffs must have really cut into their time to talk about the Cowboys and Steelers.

Those stories were way more about the bills breaking there playoff drought and bills fans giving money to Andy Dalton’s charity then anything to do with Boyd. Any mention of Boyd was more in passing because he was the guy on the other side of the pass. Do you honestly think anyone outside of Cincinnati remembers his involvement in that play other than a handful of bills fans.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 10:35 PM)motoarch Wrote: Those stories were way more about the bills breaking there playoff drought and bills fans giving money to Andy Dalton’s charity then anything to do with Boyd.  Any mention of Boyd was more in passing because he was the guy on the other side of the pass.  Do you honestly think anyone outside of Cincinnati remembers his involvement in that play other than a handful of bills fans.

Maybe, they did mention his name.  The point is we were part of the news despite being 7-9 at the end of the season. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 06:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This thread is amusing because Raiders fans have been whining that the NFL hates them for decades.  I lurked a bit on the Raiders board this season to see how they are handling the whole Gruden going 1-3 thing and they are attesting that the NFL won't shut up about how awesome Khalil Mack is only because hyping that guy up makes the Raiders look bad for trading him.

The Bills did not get embarrassed in their playoff game.  If Tyrod Taylor could hit the broad side of a barn, they would have beaten the mighty Jags.  They only lost 10-3.  Granted, you are given to hyperbole but still.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 01:37 PM)McC Wrote: The Bills did not get embarrassed in their playoff game.  If Tyrod Taylor could hit the broad side of a barn, they would have beaten the mighty Jags.  They only lost 10-3.  Granted, you are given to hyperbole but still.

An offense putting up a mere 3 points in a playoff game is embarrassing. We know that. 
Reply/Quote
i feel bad for the browns, they got robbed against the raiders.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
On just about any given day you have to drill down pretty deep in the NFL news section to find anything about the Bengals despite being 4-1. Currently one story that's ahead of anything about the Bengals is the alleged rivalry between the Watt Bros being league sack leaders with no mention of the Bengals, Geno nor Carlos in sacks.
You would have thought that the Miami game when we got two defensive TDs in the 4th quarter would have been page 1 as the most remarkable comeback of the year, but no.. it barely got mentioned. It was mentioned, but nothing even close to the lead story . As far as I'm concerned it was by far the most remarkable comeback thus far in the season and I'd feel that way even if I wasn't a Bengals fan.. No, the brotherly sack rivalry is FAR MORE important and lets face it my fellow Bengalis we really should be wetting our pants over the Watt brothers instead of savoring our team being in first place.. RIGHT? uhhhhh....
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote