Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Whitworth for line coach?
As many of you may have already read or heard, Big Whit suffered a knee injury today. There is hope that it wasn't the ACL, and that he will be able to return before the season is over. However, in the article it mentioned that this was probably Whit's last season as he was considering retirement.

With that in mind, is there any chance in your mind that Whit could be brought back to coach the O-line or is that bridge too badly burned?

He has a relationship with Taylor from their time together with the Rams, so perhaps he'd consider it?

More importantly, would you want Whit as the O-line coach?

All in all, hope he has a speedy recovery and that this wasn't his last snap today.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes I would want him, but if I was him I’d tell Troy Blackburn to eat shit. If Whit wants to get into coaching he’ll probably have no shortage of opportunities.

Reply/Quote
Whit had the opportunity to play in the super bowl... lucky man
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: As many of you may have already read or heard, Big Whit suffered a knee injury today. There is hope that it wasn't the ACL, and that he will be able to return before the season is over. However, in the article it mentioned that this was probably Whit's last season as he was considering retirement.

With that in mind, is there any chance in your mind that Whit could be brought back to coach the O-line or is that bridge too badly burned?

He has a relationship with Taylor from their time together with the Rams, so perhaps he'd consider it?

More importantly, would you want Whit as the O-line coach?

All in all, hope he has a speedy recovery and that this wasn't his last snap today.

What qualifies him as a coach?  I mean, great players are rarely great coaches.  
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:24 AM)Whatever Wrote: What qualifies him as a coach?  I mean, great players are rarely great coaches.  

That is a great question, and I don't know if he would be a great coach, just a question I had based on his potential retirement. 

Why I think he'd be a good coach is due to his lengthy career in the league. His skillset I'm sure has declined with his age, yet he still finds a way to perform at a high level. To me, this shows a great work ethic and a really good understanding of playing on the offensive line in general. 

I would think that would translate to a good coach.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
He has a torn MCL and damage to the PCL. It is likely season ending because of the combination but not necessarily career ending unless he just doesn’t want to go thru a football rehab on it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:27 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That is a great question, and I don't know if he would be a great coach, just a question I had based on his potential retirement. 

Why I think he'd be a good coach is due to his lengthy career in the league. His skillset I'm sure has declined with his age, yet he still finds a way to perform at a high level. To me, this shows a great work ethic and a really good understanding of playing on the offensive line in general. 

I would think that would translate to a good coach.

I think he would do well teaching pass blocking technique, but actually designing blocking schemes is a whole other animal entirely.

If he retires this off-season, would I bring him in as our OL coach?  No.  If he had interest, I might consider bringing him as an OL assistant and see how he develops under someone with experience.  
Reply/Quote
Whit is NOT going to coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:40 AM)Mobster Wrote: Whit is NOT going to coach.

Has he said as much?

Reply/Quote
I don't think Whit has ever expressed interest in becoming a coach. I could see him becoming an OL guru and running an academy like Willie does now. Whit is a big family guy so I imagine he wouldn't want the coaching lifestyle.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If we're going to pick an ex Bengal as line coach, lets go for Willie Anderson who runs a successful lineman academy so has been actively teaching and analyzing technique in young players

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Whit seems to be very intelligent. Meaning, he will not come here.
Reply/Quote