Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Whitworth is a beast
Per pro football focus:

Andrew Whitworth was the only full-time starter at OT not to surrender a sack last year. Allowed 9 total pressures.

Regardless of who we drafted, we can't let Whitworth walk after the season.
Reply/Quote
And we wont.

Bank on it.

He will get a farewell contract for sure.
Would not be surprised to see it happen around the end of TC when we handle most of our extensions.
Reply/Quote
This is why I was, and still am a little, confused as to the taking of both tackles with 1 and 2. But that's for another thread.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 03:11 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This is why I was, and still am a little, confused as to the taking of both tackles with 1 and 2.  But that's for another thread.

Fisher was BPA when it was our turn.
Jordan Phillips was taken right before our pick. I'm sure that he was going to be the pick and not Fisher. Didn't work out the way we wanted it to, but it's still an acceptable scenario.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
People tend to forget that Fisher has played numerous positions rather than just OT. He has played OG, switched to RT, then to LT. He has experience everywhere. This could be them preparing for the future. Plus, it wouldn't surprise me if they moved Boling to C one day and moved Jake Fisher to OG. Not this season, but possibly next depending on how Bodine plays.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:06 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: People tend to forget that Fisher has played numerous positions rather than just OT. He has played OG, switched to RT, then to LT. He has experience everywhere. This could be them preparing for the future. Plus, it wouldn't surprise me if they moved Boling to C one day and moved Jake Fisher to OG. Not this season, but possibly next depending on how Bodine plays.

Why wait a year?
Have Boling, Zeitler and Fisher get reps at center. If one performs better than Bodine, they get the job. The other two can play guard.

Goal should be to get your five best players on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Why wait a year?
Have Boling, Zeitler and Fisher get reps at center. If one performs better than Bodine, they get the job. The other two can play guard.

Agreed but unfortunately that's not how this organization works.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:19 PM)J24 Wrote: Agreed but unfortunately that's not how this organization works.

Never has been. They avoid competition when they have a "pet" 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Why wait a year?

It SHOULD be the goal, but I feel like it would be more of a possibility if Bodine doesn't do well this year. They're set on starting him.

I still remember how Coley Harvey was told Bodine was the starter and he brought it up to Hue Jackson who was very much confused and thrown off, saying something along the lines like he hasn't earned being the starter yet. Think that alone shows
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 02:29 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Per pro football focus:

Andrew Whitworth was the only full-time starter at OT not to surrender a sack last year. Allowed 9 total pressures.

Regardless of who we drafted, we can't let Whitworth walk after the season.

Agreed they should sign Whit to a two year deal following this season. After two more seasons (even if he is still a full time starter) it is probably time to move on simply before the bottom falls out with age. If I am not mistaken was he not the oldest full time starter at LT in the league last year?
Reply/Quote