Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Whitworth named all pro
So glad we didn’t resign him. Congrats to him and I hope he gets at least 1 playoff victory this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So glad we didn’t resign him.  Congrats to him and I hope he gets at least 1 playoff victory this year.

Congratulation, Whit.  Five years too late is better than never.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So glad we didn’t resign him.  

Me too, that over the hill bum..... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Me too, that over the hill bum..... Ninja

well hes 37 how many OT's are playing at an all pro level @ 37 years old?  (other than whitworth)
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So glad we didn’t resign him.  Congrats to him and I hope he gets at least 1 playoff victory this year.

Careful. Last time I gave an ex-Bengal props and wished him luck in the post season I was told to go join that teams message board.

Good for Whitworth. Wish he was still a Bengal....
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:01 PM)Takedown Wrote: Careful. Last time I gave an ex-Bengal props and wished him luck in the post season I was told to go join that teams message board.

Good for Whitworth. Wish he was still a Bengal....

In that case good luck to burkhead too. And any other bengal in the playoffs.

Reply/Quote

Max Montoya went to Raiders and was All-Pro.  Whitworth went to Rams and was All-Pro.  In both cases Mike Brown came out in media saying, " Why Should I Pay An Offensive Lineman "...It truly shows how stupid and how little Mike Brown knows about football. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well hes 37 how many OT's are playing at an all pro level @ 37 years old?  (other than whitworth)

Oh....I agree, but it's Whit, we knew what we had, and we let him go.  I mean, he was playing at that level here, just not getting the pub, and if he HAD slipped off in his play, how much worse could it have been than what we trotted out there?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:17 PM)kevin Wrote: Max Montoya went to Raiders and was All-Pro.  Whitworth went to Rams and was All-Pro.  In both cases Mike Brown came out in media saying, " Why Should I Pay An Offensive Lineman "...It truly shows how stupid and how little Mike Brown knows about football. 

L.A. must just bring out that extra level of elite, eh? Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Shoulda been franchise tagged. Good for him though, he should have received the honor numerous times here too
Reply/Quote
The Dre Kirk money should have been given to Whit. This was one of the biggest mistakes the Bengals made in recent years...and thats saying a lot.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Knew he would, good for Whit.

Agree with everybody else, we should of kept him here for the same amount he got from the Rams.

He always kept himself in great shape and even if he only had a year or two in him he is a coach on the field.

Great man Whit. Hoping either him or Zim gets a ring.
Reply/Quote
Whit is the man!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:35 PM)McC Wrote: Congratulation, Whit.  Five years too late is better than never.

(01-05-2018, 03:17 PM)kevin Wrote: Max Montoya went to Raiders and was All-Pro.  Whitworth went to Rams and was All-Pro.  In both cases Mike Brown came out in media saying, " Why Should I Pay An Offensive Lineman "...It truly shows how stupid and how little Mike Brown knows about football. 

Whitworth was AP already in 2015. Should've been so in 2011, 2012 and 2014 as well (ESPECIALLY '14, as that was his legendary year of 8 pressures surrendered, no sacks, 1 hit, 7 hurries, in over 1000 snaps).

All this and he wasn't even named to the PB, further proving its jokeness.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Right on !

Congrats to Whit. One of the top 10 Bengals in history.

By the way, we would have won at least 2 more games if Whit had been re-signed. That would have been enough to make the playoffs.

3 to 4 more games if they had re-signed Whit and found an average center.
Reply/Quote
hope he gets a ring
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So glad we didn’t resign him. Congrats to him and I hope he gets at least 1 playoff victory this year.

Think of all the money Mike Brown saved though. Mike, Katie, Troy, and all the kids got rewarded with fat bonuses. Ole-he got rewarded with a chance to fail in epic fashion. Plenty of winners in Cincy!
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh....I agree, but it's Whit, we knew what we had, and we let him go.  I mean, he was playing at that level here, just not getting the pub, and if he HAD slipped off in his play, how much worse could it have been than what we trotted out there?

dude I would have loved to see whit retire here... He just lasted longer than we expected and already had heir apparent waiting.(who whit endorsed kinda)  

Don't get me wrong I hate watching favorite players leave.  I just try to understand the business aspect of it. and the why...  

Its a calculated gamble that we lost this time....    I wish him the best of luck.

I remember a time when marv said it would be Whit and Andre for as long as he was here.... (I'm guessing marvin didn't even think he be here this long)
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:33 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Shoulda been franchise tagged. Good for him though, he should have received the honor numerous times here too

Agreed the franchise tag should have been used. People on these boards complain about him getting a 3 year deal and being 38 when the deal ends. If you franchise him it would be for one year plus the money makes sense because he’s top 5 at his position and has other intangibles like being a great leader. Also they saw how awful Ogbuehi played the season before.
Reply/Quote
Congrats Big Whit. He deserves it every year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote